• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Benge is giving us information thats completely new.

I feel like Buendia is a target cos it's a position of need, his stats are good and he's one of the few obvious candidates out there...but the club aren't really in love with him. They're not gonna bend over backwards to sign him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm honestly surprised how many people think we're going to be making a big signing this window. If we spend £20m in total I'll be shocked.

That short term Bank of England loan tells you all you need to know about our financial situation.

It's not there to fund a move for Grealish or whoever, it's there to tide the club over financially this season till we start making our normal revenue again.

A back up GK and possibly a 10 on loan is the max I see happening this window. I'm far from certain we'll get both of them done either.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Still think Aouar is who Arteta really wants. Not sure I entirely believe the reports that he's fallen down the list of targets. They really tried to get him in the summer, didn't work out, so they'll try again this coming summer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Still think Aouar is who Arteta really wants. Not sure I entirely believe the reports that he's fallen down the list of targets. They really tried to get him in the summer, didn't work out, so they'll try again this coming summer.

Spot on. By all accounts Arteta has been a massive fan since 2018. You don't go from him being number 1 target to losing all interest in the space of a few months.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Spot on. By all accounts Arteta has been a massive fan since 2018. You don't go from him being number 1 target to losing all interest in the space of a few months.

For sure. I also think our fans still overestimate Partey and he still hasn't played enough for us to understand what sort of player he is. He's a very good player who could play for a top team, but not as the star midfielder, imo he's a very good cog, but he's not gonna create and score. People here wanting to pair him with Bissouma so Partey can get forward and stuff, like nah, he's a good player but he's not Steven Gerrard y'know.

For me Partey needs to play next to a real midfield baller, he'd do well at Utd next to Pogba and Bruno actually. We need to find midfielders of that quality to put next to him, Aouar's got that potential. Gravenberch at Ajax too, he's got the quality, maybe too early for him though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
seem we leaving this late in window again i swear this club do this always for no reason if you desperate want Buendia then pay up or get someone on loan i'm already seeing a late loan bid to get Isco or Eriksen.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
This club has broken me.
From asking for worldclass players to play alongside Özil, Alexis, RVP, Santi to basically being happy, if we don't add more dross and rather do nothing instead.

They've won.

wolfkidultman

I think the smart thing to do is get Eriksen on loan. Clubs would have been hopeful that the coming summer window would have been a bit more normal after fans had returned to stadiums. That’s not going to happen this season and they know it. They’ll be seeing us as an opportunity and be asking for the moon on a stick.

I’d be amazed if fans were back in stadiums next season so it’s likely that these clubs, especially foreign or lower league ones, will be a bit more desperate for income.

wolfkidultman

Too good to be a back up for us but not good enough to get ahead of Tierney.

Should sign Rico Henry. Pretty unspectacular but solid enough back up option who’s ok going forwards.

He’s 31. I think he’d jump at the chance to join us and West Ham would be daft to turn down a serious offer for him.

Does Henry not have injury problems? That’s the last thing you want with a backup.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s 31. I think he’d jump at the chance to join us and West Ham would be daft to turn down a serious offer for him.

Does Henry not have injury problems? That’s the last thong you want with a backup.

He seems to be a key player for them though. One of their stars this year so it’s a pretty big step down.

Yeah he’s Mr Glass but if he’s playing 10 games a year he should be able to rest a lot. Make him cheaper as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can we sign some ****ing players?

We have clear gaps in the side like at LB, GK, and attacking mid. How have we not at least signed one player on loan yet. I would take an Eriksen or Isco loan at this stage.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Need Sokratis/Mustafi to go first to create space really.

Sokratis going doesn't really change much considering he’s not in either squad, it just frees up some wages. At the minute we have one free Europa League spot and Martinelli needs to be named in the Europa League squad. We have one free spot in the Premier League squad.

If we sign someone we will have to drop someone else out of the Europa League squad in order to register the new signing and Martinelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom