• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sokratis going doesn't really change much considering he’s not in either squad, it just frees up some wages. At the minute we have one free Europa League spot and Martinelli needs to be named in the Europa League squad. We have one free spot in the Premier League squad.

If we sign someone we will have to drop someone else out of the Europa League squad in order to register the new signing and Martinelli.

Isn’t Martinelli an under 21 so you don’t have to register him?

Iceman10

Established Member
Sokratis going doesn't really change much considering he’s not in either squad, it just frees up some wages. At the minute we have one free Europa League spot and Martinelli needs to be named in the Europa League squad. We have one free spot in the Premier League squad.

If we sign someone we will have to drop someone else out of the Europa League squad in order to register the new signing and Martinelli.

Looking at the GK line up here I would hope space can be made up with Macey out?

https://arsenaltruefans.com/2020/10/arsenal-name-their-25-man-squad-for-the-europa-league-season

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I only would have wanted Buendia as one of those cut price £25m type options. We were stupid to not sign him in the summer.

If you add 10-20m to their 40-50m valuation you can sign a player like Aouar, Sabitzer, Nkunku etc. Wait until summer and get a loan for now.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I mean we probably won’t sign him, but I won’t be paying attention to what that slaphead on Sky thinks.
He's obviously completely guessing what the scenario is but he guessed good this time unlike usual. I doubt Norwich wanna sell for less than something obscene.

Iceman10

Established Member
He creates a homegrown spot.

U21 players have to be at the club for two years to go on the “B list”. He’d use up a non-HG spot if we register him.

Interesting problem to solve. I’d leave Mustafi out, but we know Arteta likely wouldn’t want to do that.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to buy Olise before Bayern get him, but with Arteta intent on developing Willian into a 10 when he has never thrived there in his life, there is little hope of that happening.

I can literally see us not even doing the bare minimum which is a lb and GK this window.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We need to buy Olise before Bayern get him, but with Arteta intent on developing Willian into a 10 when he has never thrived there in his life, there is little hope of that happening.

I can literally see us not even doing the bare minimum which is a lb and GK this window.
How is he intent on that when Smith Rowe is clearly nailing 10 down? Just moaning for the sake of it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tagliafico is 28, two and half years left on his contract and he's still playing in the eredivisie, surely he wouldn't be too expensive? He'd be great competition for Tierney.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is there any indication we're actually going to do business this window?

Ornstein keeps saying we're after a no.10 so i think there's little doubt we'd like to get someone in. Whether we can pull off a deal is another matter. There's very little movement at the minute around most leagues. Players are probably reluctant to leave their families or move them with all this Covid **** having gone through the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom