• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I think a double loan of Coutinho and Ceballos next season to allow us to play a midifeld 3 of Xhaka Coutinho Ceballos or Torreira, Coutinho, Ceballos seems quite tempting to me....

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I feel like he's waiting on the Ralf Rangnick to Milan thing to materialize and that's what he's alluding to.
Apparently he's chosen Patrik Schick to lead the line next season as Ibra is leaving. Leipzig has declined the buy option, paving the way... wouldn't surprise me if he manages to get another Leipzig talent. They also just permanently sold Suso providing a healthy cash boost.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Apparently he's chosen Patrik Schick to lead the line next season as Ibra is leaving. Leipzig has declined the buy option, paving the way... wouldn't surprise me if he manages to get another Leipzig talent. They also just permanently sold Suso providing a healthy cash boost.

Haven't seen anything about them declining. Milan are building something serious. Only signing young players. I wouldn't be surprised if they get Tonali too.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen anything about them declining. Milan are building something serious. Only signing young players. I wouldn't be surprised if they get Tonali too.
His agent has been making a plethora of comments. They had to negotiate a loan extension to finish their CL campaign with Roma with no intention of paying the 29m euros up front so he’s as good as gone, unless they divvy some of the Werner fee for him.

However his agent has claimed again that it was Ragnick who brought him to Leipzig and that Milan is very attractive. I think they will start their ascension very soon with Ragnick in place.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta said today he in talks with board about summer transfer he still doesn't know he'll backed or not. And he also in talks with kroenke

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta also glowingly spoke about Lacazette essentially saying why would I sell him.

Laca fits Arteta's style perfectly and one really off season mostly under Emery should be left in the past and I think I'm willing to give Lacazette more time to prove himself. Past few games he's been one of our best players so can't knock him for that.

Maybe Auba - Laca - Pepe comes alive with a proper creator behind them similar to when Özil was at a decent level, we scored so many goals with Laca, Auba and Özil in the same side.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta also glowingly spoke about Lacazette essentially saying why would I sell him.

Laca fits Arteta's style perfectly and one really off season mostly under Emery should be left in the past and I think I'm willing to give Lacazette more time to prove himself. Past few games he's been one of our best players so can't knock him for that.

Maybe Auba - Laca - Pepe comes alive with a proper creator behind them similar to when Özil was at a decent level, we scored so many goals with Laca, Auba and Özil in the same side.

I wouldn't say perfectly. I think he wants a striker to press, link play, run in behind but also be strong enough to hold the ball and be good in the air. I think he would sell Laca if he found a better striker.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I wouldn't say perfectly. I think he wants a striker to press, link play, run in behind but also be strong enough to hold the ball and be good in the air. I think he would sell Laca if he found a better striker.

I think we would need about 40m for him realistically. To replace him well and make it worth while. Maybe go for Edouard idk.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Tbf there aren't many strikers who can do all that. The names mentioned to replace him, the likes of Edouard or Jovic, well they may become excellent strikers but they're very young, it's doubtful their link-up play would be as refined as Laca's. Then there's Milik, but i'm not sure he's really an upgrade.

Maybe Arteta really rates Laca, or maybe he's just saying that to keep his value up, or maybe he's just saying that cos that's what you say as a coach.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Tbf there aren't many strikers who can do all that. The names mentioned to replace him, the likes of Edouard or Jovic, well they may become excellent strikers but they're very young, it's doubtful their link-up play would be as refined as Laca's. Then there's Milik, but i'm not sure he's really an upgrade.

Maybe Arteta really rates Laca, or maybe he's just saying that to keep his value up, or maybe he's just saying that cos that's what you say as a coach.

Oh snap I forgot about Jovic...

Tbf Jovic, Edouard and Depay could all do very well here. Jovic being the best option imo, available on loan isn't he?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Oh snap I forgot about Jovic...

Tbf Jovic, Edouard and Depay could all do very well here. Jovic being the best option imo, available on loan isn't he?

Jovic is a penalty box striker who has succeeded in a two man attack much like Lacazette did before he came to us. He isn't a lone forward who links play. Edouard is much better in that respect.

senna

Milan will fail as long as Gazidas is there running the shots. They tried this whole young signing thing for the last 2 years & have basically bought the wrong players who they'll end up selling for losses eg Piatek bought for £40m of a good 6 months at Genoa & sold to Hertha a year later for £25m.

Our club only started turning it around when that fraud Gazidas left. The only bit of luck this club has had til things turned recently was the Elliot hedge fund giving enticing Gazidas away.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Milan will fail as long as Gazidas is there running the shots. They tried this whole young signing thing for the last 2 years & have basically bought the wrong players who they'll end up selling for losses eg Piatek bought for £40m of a good 6 months at Genoa & sold to Hertha a year later for £25m.

Our club only started turning it around when that fraud Gazidas left. The only bit of luck this club has had til things turned recently was the Elliot hedge fund giving enticing Gazidas away.

I appreciate Gazidis is an idiot, but if he brings Ragnick in, Milan can go places as the German style of football will eat up serie a.

I'd also say that the squad is a lot better than it seems. If they sign who they are going for and none of them are unrealistic they will be a lot stronger next season. Ragnick also seems like he is picking players he wants to fit his system.

Kysus

In addition to Partey we desperately need a "8" who is dominant on the ball(technically) to be able to dominate possession further up the pitch.
As it is we do not have enough movementt nd possession between the lines(which is why Laca drops so deep all the time)
Utd had a similiar problem and just solved it by buying Bruno Fernandes,which transformed the whole team immediately.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In addition to Partey we desperately need a "8" who is dominant on the ball(technically) to be able to dominate possession further up the pitch.
As it is we do not have enough movementt nd possession between the lines(which is why Laca drops so deep all the time)
Utd had a similiar problem and just solved it by buying Bruno Fernandes,which transformed the whole team immediately.

Aouar fits the bill.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Who would be the best fit for us in the below categories/targets:

CB- Upamecano/Gabriel/Sarr
CM- Partey/Roca
AM- Szoboslai/Aouar/Coutinho
CF- Edouard/Jovic/Depay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom