• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
What’s Aouar done to get this much hype? People talk about him like he’s the new Iniesta but I don’t remember him even being better than Ndombele when they played together. Has he improved that much over the year?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Also a bit surprised as to how far the hype for Aouar goes. Haven't really seem him live that much though.

From what I can see on videos, Szoboszlai looks the most talented option.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Aouar isn't currently producing a lot in terms of goals or assists, what he's very good at is dribbling and carrying the ball into the final third, although he probably needs to add more end product to his game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
CM - anything other than Partey would be disappointing.

CB - Upamecano, Gabriel.

CAM - Aouar, Szloszblai, Grealish, Buendia.

If Laca goes then bring in Depay or Benrahma.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Due to our awful midfield options I think we have to get Ceballos back again.

Ceballos/Torreira/Maitland-Niles
Xhaka/Guendouzi/Elneny
Willock/Özil/Smith Rowe

Guendouzi is definitely off, Torreira will finally go I think and I can’t see Arteta liking Elneny. Question marks on AMN staying so if Ceballos isn’t kept we have no CM options really.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Due to our awful midfield options I think we have to get Ceballos back again.

Ceballos/Torreira/Maitland-Niles
Xhaka/Guendouzi/Elneny
Willock/Özil/Smith Rowe

Guendouzi is definitely off, Torreira will finally go I think and I can’t see Arteta liking Elneny. Question marks on AMN staying so if Ceballos isn’t kept we have no CM options really.

I think we'll sign two anyway. But Ceballos is still useful regardless. Especially on a loan with obligation to buy.

In other news Portuguese media, specifically A bola are saying we want Joelson Fernandes again. 17 year old sporting LW. Looks exciting. Has a 45m euro release clause and funnily enough his agent is in the title of this thread.

Apparently hes looking at getting us a deal in instalments.

Wouldn't be against it but its the sort of link we see all the time from Portugal.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We're not gonna pay 45m or anything close to that for a 17 year old. I wonder if Martinelli's injury changes anything for the club though. Without him you've basically got Pepe, Nelson and Saka as natural wide players. I wouldn't be totally surprised if the club looked to buy a young winger.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We're not gonna pay 45m or anything close to that for a 17 year old. I wonder if Martinelli's injury changes anything for the club though. Without him you've basically got Pepe, Nelson and Saka as natural wide players. I wouldn't be totally surprised if the club looked to buy a young winger.

If he's a top talent and you can do the deal over 5 years at 9m or less a year then it should be considered. Like you said we are lacking quality wide players. Especially left wingers.

My take on it is that either Auba signs and Lacazette is sold or Auba decides to go and we sign Lacazette on a new deal. In either scenario we buy a forward but it'll probably be someone like Edouard, Depay or Benrahma and not a 17 year old.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If he's a top talent and you can do the deal over 5 years at 9m or less a year then it should be considered. Like you said we are lacking quality wide players. Especially left wingers.

My take on it is that either Auba signs and Lacazette is sold or Auba decides to go and we sign Lacazette on a new deal. In either scenario we buy a forward but it'll probably be someone like Edouard, Depay or Benrahma and not a 17 year old.

Yeah I've no idea but some type of forward will probably come in.

This Joelson Fernandes kid might be extremely good, Sporting obviously are known for their wingers, but just from video evidence if I compare him to what I've seen from other 17 year old wingers like Gabriel Veron and Adam Hlozek, he's not quite at that level. Veron and Hlozek look like they could play senior football already, while Fernandes still looks a bit lightweight.

African Flair

I think we'll sign two anyway. But Ceballos is still useful regardless. Especially on a loan with obligation to buy.

In other news Portuguese media, specifically A bola are saying we want Joelson Fernandes again. 17 year old sporting LW. Looks exciting. Has a 45m euro release clause and funnily enough his agent is in the title of this thread.

Apparently hes looking at getting us a deal in instalments.

Wouldn't be against it but its the sort of link we see all the time from Portugal.
Looks very existing indeed. Can dribble and kick a ball with both feet.

But this is why it can be beneficial to be in bed with agents like Kia. If he steer a top top prospect to Arsenal, I wouldn't care about a Luiz or Cedric.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looks very existing indeed. Can dribble and kick a ball with both feet.

But this is why it can be beneficial to be in bed with agents like Kia. If he steer a top top prospect to Arsenal, I wouldn't care about a Luiz or Cedric.

This is why 90% of Wenger's signings in his later years were ridiculously lacklustre. Because he refused to work with these agents.

We can now get top players and top young talents without it being a problem.

When Wenger used to say "the players to improve us aren't available" I think what he meant was the players my contacts and mainly myself can actually get to aren't available. Or super agents working for other clubs would steal a march.

My god what a club we could've become when Wenger was consistently getting 4th if he just accepted having someone like Raul with an extensive contact list above him.

This is why I trust the process. We are still suffering from Wengers later years. It was always going to come back and bite us with Özil being put on 350k a week, the likes of Mustafi and co being here on big wages for what they actually are.

We are turning a corner but its going to be quite a big turn before we get there.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Done some digging into Sarr’s stats and come away thinking he’s the next big thing.

Mane first season in the PL: 30 games 13 G/A
Sarr first season in the PL: 26 games 10 G/A

Both 22, both Senegalese. :drool:

@arteta @raul @EDU @josh @stan

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Feel like there's another gem in the second league I've not heared about every two weeks or so.

How good is that Jack Harrison fella in comparison the other guys we've talked about ?

Starting to question the overall quality of the league when there are multiple guys making their opponents look like cones

sykesy69

What’s Aouar done to get this much hype? People talk about him like he’s the new Iniesta but I don’t remember him even being better than Ndombele when they played together. Has he improved that much over the year?
I'm still living on the memory of when he came on as sub in the Emirates Cup and totally ran the show. Can't say I've seen him since, but he looked like the type of player we needed then and most def now.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Done some digging into Sarr’s stats and come away thinking he’s the next big thing.

Sarr looks very raw compared to Mane though.

Mentioned him when we played his team in the EL, think he would’ve had a better season than Pepe now, but if he’s got a higher ceiling I don’t know.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Portuguese media again linking us with Joelson and saying we ready to activate his 45m release clause. I bet because of Kia his agent they keep linking us to Joelson

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Said he’d have been a Pepe upgrade all season. Glad to see another quality poster has finally come round as well.

He’s had a tough situation, multiple managers for a sh*te team in a new country. If they go down we should be all over him like Hydro on a puffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom