• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Done
Cedric
Mari

Loan (Kia)
Coutinho

Sign (Kia)
Willian
Joelson

Freebie
Sarr

Summertime sadness.

Arsenal showing up next season like :

939985_1_107-Toyota-ISIS_standard.jpg

Chelsea showing up next season like :

M2A3-Bradleys-delivered-1024x701.jpg

benjamin86

Established Member
I never really watched Norwich much this season, and when I did Cantwell stood out a bit more, but maybe that's just cos of the hair. But it's hard to argue with Buendia's stats.

https://dominicwellssj.wordpress.co...h-citys-duo-of-emi-buendia-and-todd-cantwell/

Edox9imXkAIyRcL

Part of you wonders whether in the future Saka and Buendia could play either side of a DM in a midfield 3, which would be a super attacking approach, but they'd have to beef up their defensive games quite a bit.

As for Benrahma I still think he'd be a very good option, especially for the price. I'm pretty sure he could play centrally too, not just on the wing.
Personally i like the idea of Buendia playing as a right sided number 8 in a midfield 3 with another more defensively minded B2B and a DM. The dream would be Zakaria as the defensive B2B as he's a strong dribbler of the ball but can also play DM and CB which would let us change formation fluidly without making any subs.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would rather Cantwell more than Bundia Similar style to Grealish and will be more cheaper.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
judging by recent words it seems like we obviously have two pathways for signings, but either way Arteta will be backed.

We also know he wants a lot more creativity. After the 1st of August I think we see a lot of movement every day tbh.

Mikel seem confident about kroenke investing no matter if we in Europe or not. Time will tell.

This gives me small confidence and hope that Arteta is pushing for the best but we will see soon enough if we will face the kiss of death from Kia and Edu or if Arteta manages to work miracle and actually get Raul and Edu to sign proper players for us.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I worry Arteta has talked maybe too much, it seems if we get Europe he'll be backed with the exact kind of players he wants, he keeps going on about this plan so I'm expecting big things. My worry is if we don't get it, this so called 'plan' won't look much like a plan at all.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
judging by recent words it seems like we obviously have two pathways for signings, but either way Arteta will be backed.

We also know he wants a lot more creativity. After the 1st of August I think we see a lot of movement every day tbh.

Hopefully they have two plans ready to go. However there are some players we simply shouldn't miss out on.

Edouard. Genuinely believe he is the next big thing and he won't mind moving to a club out of Europe. Sticking with Lacazette is risking mediocrity. There are too many caveats with Laca. He needs to be at optimum physical level to be good. If he isn't, he is displaced by a kid. Its not good enough.

Sangare- Toulouse got relegated ffs. He is a very promising dm who is physically built for the prem. His passing is very underrated also. He would cost peanuts. We should move him Torreira on and buy this guy. If we can go for Partey then maybe we do, but I have a feeling that is all smoke.

If he wants two 8s then we need to buy one starter. Saka, ESR and Willock make up 3 of them. I would definitely try and get Golovin. He has everything we need in a box to box 8. He is slim, incredibly fast, excellent at ball carrying, really good in tight spaces and he can see a pass as well as shoot. Always looking to hurt the opposition. I wouldn't spend a summer going back and forth with Aulas over Aouar. Sell Guendouzi and reinvest in a much better player like Golovin.

I'd finally go for a cb who is left footed and can play full back. Someone like Matviyenko or Ndicka. I wouldn't go massive on a defender this season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

https://le10sport.com/football/merc...l-songe-de-plus-en-plus-a-raul-jimenez-512134

Raúl Jiménez to Arsenal if either Aubameyang or Lacazette leave.

The club should do all they can to get rid of Lacazette and bring in Jiménez, he’s had an outstanding season with 17 goals and 6 assists in the PL.

Auba and Jiménez would work perfectly.
He struggles against the top sides. I want a striker who performs against the top sides and couldnt care if he doesnt against the weaker sides. I just want Drogba. Is that too much to ask?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully they have two plans ready to go. However there are some players we simply shouldn't miss out on.

Edouard. Genuinely believe he is the next big thing and he won't mind moving to a club out of Europe. Sticking with Lacazette is risking mediocrity. There are too many caveats with Laca. He needs to be at optimum physical level to be good. If he isn't, he is displaced by a kid. Its not good enough.

Sangare- Toulouse got relegated ffs. He is a very promising dm who is physically built for the prem. His passing is very underrated also. He would cost peanuts. We should move him Torreira on and buy this guy. If we can go for Partey then maybe we do, but I have a feeling that is all smoke.

If he wants two 8s then we need to buy one starter. Saka, ESR and Willock make up 3 of them. I would definitely try and get Golovin. He has everything we need in a box to box 8. He is slim, incredibly fast, excellent at ball carrying, really good in tight spaces and he can see a pass as well as shoot. Always looking to hurt the opposition. I wouldn't spend a summer going back and forth with Aulas over Aouar. Sell Guendouzi and reinvest in a much better player like Golovin.

I'd finally go for a cb who is left footed and can play full back. Someone like Matviyenko or Ndicka. I wouldn't go massive on a defender this season.
Agree on Edouard but get him next season after Celtic get the 10.

Golovin I have big questions over. Is it a coincidence his form nose dived around the time Russia was getting hammered for performance enhancers or just bad luck? either way I'm not taking the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom