• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ofcourse he will get bullied. He has been playing in France. He got completely dominated by Habib Diallo. He has no idea what to expect. You can't just throw him in there. I'd rather we developed him. I think keeping Luiz one more year is to give Saliba the time he needs.

He had just returned from a 3 month injury. I’d put that down to lack of sharpness than anything else.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would you rather start Saliba who has been here for months and been training the way Arteta wants and in the system Arteta wants, or would you rather start a LCB who joins maybe a week before the season starts?

It depends. Say that lcb is 4 years older, more experienced and is left footed?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Unless its a signing from the premier league then no, Saliba - Luiz to start the season. If we sign Gabriel then he wont start the season I'm pretty sure.

Saliba has just turned 19. Hasn't played a minute in the premier league. The last big money young defender went to Juventus after seasons at Ajax and Champions league + Europa experience. How did he do?

We need to look after our young players. Saliba is young. Let's develop him properly. We cannot expect him to walk into the premier league and boss it. That will do more harm than good.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Saliba has just turned 19. Hasn't played a minute in the premier league. The last big money young defender went to Juventus after seasons at Ajax and Champions league + Europa experience. How did he do?

We need to look after our young players. Saliba is young. Let's develop him properly. We cannot expect him to walk into the premier league and boss it. That will do more harm than good.

Nobody is saying he'll come into the premier league and boss it, but he's quite clearly better than an injured Chambers, Mustafi and Pablo Mari.

Surely it makes more sense to play a guy who's settled and been training here for months? Why don't you get that lol, nobody is expecting him to boss the league, but for the first couple of games it is absolutely fine to see how he does.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
" Mikel Arteta said. "We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions [and] he is a player that gives us a lot of versatility, he can play in three or four different positions."

Not sure if that means we'll sign someone else for one of those roles or if Willian will just cover LW/RW/AM.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nobody is saying he'll come into the premier league and boss it, but he's quite clearly better than an injured Chambers, Mustafi and Pablo Mari.

Surely it makes more sense to play a guy who's settled and been training here for months? Why don't you get that lol, nobody is expecting him to boss the league, but for the first couple of games it is absolutely fine to see how he does.

I get it. But I wouldn't start him ahead of a Gabriel or Pau Torres.

Stannis

" Mikel Arteta said. "We have been monitoring him for the past few months, we had a clear intention to strengthen in the attacking midfielder and the winger positions [and] he is a player that gives us a lot of versatility, he can play in three or four different positions."

Not sure if that means we'll sign someone else for one of those roles or if Willian will just cover LW/RW/AM.

I think he will rotate with Smith Rowe in the number 10 role

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Where did Edu say that? ****s me off when they don't give a source.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
4 more incoming CB 2 CM and another forward. We need to start get few sales going Chambers holding Sokratis Torreira Guendouzi and maybe laca all should be sold in few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom