• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i know he didnt play too much for them last year, but has everyone forgotten about Del Horno? unless they sell him to Valencia, they still have a "decent" LB playing for them... Zambrotta will not go to Real or Chelski, he will remain in Italy and go to Milan...Carlos will stay at Real for one more season because no one wants him (I dont even think Chelski will end up buying him) and Cole will pull on an Arsenal kit come August 19...

qs

Established Member
mood said:
Zambrotta will join Real Madrid. And Carlos will head to Chelsea.

Or Carlos could stay with Zambrotta heading to Chelsea. Then maybe Cole has a chance of joining Real Madrid, but I heard their unwilling to pay £16m and Cole hmself would be the stupidest man alive to go there. Their not going anywhere or going to win anything for a few seasons now, Real.

How do you figure that?

Theyve got the best manager in Europe, loads of money, more pulling power than anyone else.

They'll probably sign Cannavaro and Emerson. So you think a back line of Sergio Ramos, Helguera, Cannavaro and Ashley Cole, with Emerson in DM and then all REals attacking talent havent a hope of winning anything for years, under Fabio Capello, the man who wins the league wherever he goes.

By the time the transfer deadline closes Real will be favourites. Barca have made the same mistakes we did and failed to strengthen on their success.

mood

qs said:
mood said:

Or Carlos could stay with Zambrotta heading to Chelsea. Then maybe Cole has a chance of joining Real Madrid, but I heard their unwilling to pay £16m and Cole hmself would be the stupidest man alive to go there. Their not going anywhere or going to win anything for a few seasons now, Real.

How do you figure that?

Theyve got the best manager in Europe, loads of money, more pulling power than anyone else.

They'll probably sign Cannavaro and Emerson. So you think a back line of Sergio Ramos, Helguera, Cannavaro and Ashley Cole, with Emerson in DM and then all REals attacking talent havent a hope of winning anything for years, under Fabio Capello, the man who wins the league wherever he goes.

By the time the transfer deadline closes Real will be favourites. Barca have made the same mistakes we did and failed to strengthen on their success.

Capello does not have the referees on his side like he did with Juventus. He is a great manager however, but with all the signings they are about to make they will surely improve.. especially with Capello, but Barcelona are still superior.. and I expect them to overshadow Real Madrid yet again.

However, no official link of Real bidding for Ashley Cole or any other club. Ashley Cole never coming out with the words 'I want to leave'. Wenger saying he wants to keep him despite everything. He will join pre-season and just like USArsenal said he will pull on an Arsenal shirt on August 19th. For now atleast, but I dont expect him to leave even though 90% of the world do.

qs

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i know he didnt play too much for them last year, but has everyone forgotten about Del Horno? unless they sell him to Valencia, they still have a "decent" LB playing for them... Zambrotta will not go to Real or Chelski, he will remain in Italy and go to Milan...Carlos will stay at Real for one more season because no one wants him (I dont even think Chelski will end up buying him) and Cole will pull on an Arsenal kit come August 19...

I always thought Del Horno was a good player for them but he fell out with Mourinho and he wont get games there anymore. He's almost definitly on his way out.

qs

Established Member
mood said:
qs said:
mood said:

How do you figure that?

Capello does not have the referees on his side like he did with Juventus. He is a great manager however, but with all the signings they are about to make they will surely improve.. especially with Capello, but Barcelona are still superior.. and I expect them to overshadow Real Madrid yet again.

Its not like Juve is the only job Capellos ever had. He's won it with Real before and he'll do it again. Barca are overrated.

luma

to be honest i dont see why we would want a player who is not commited to the club loyalty is a big thing in football and he doesnt hav it if ashley cole leaves i have a good feeling we would move for abidal although i dont think he is as good as cole

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
mood said:
Number8 said:
mood said:
up2c said:
mood said:
I think this whole Chelsea link is utter bullshit. Cole may leave the club, but I doubt to Chelsea.

Why would they want to buy him and him move there after all that tapping-up scandal?.. I doubt it.

It's "The Sun" afterall.. sheesh.

if cashley must be sold i would rather him go to spain.

but there hasnt been any interrelated news post on Marca.

He wont go to another club in England. I doubt Chelsea will buy him nor will he want to go to Chelsea after the whole tapping-up thing. They want Gianluca Zambrotta or Roberto Carlos.

Did you notice there hasn't been any interesting transfer news of late? .. so it's just 'The Sun' trying to sell some stories. No sources, no quotes. Just Cole will join Chelsea for £16-20m.

What Cole said in that book of his was said by him over a year ago.. I remember him using very similar lines. He hasn't come out and said he wants to leave. So dont come up with all the "he's gone" nonsense unless Cole comes out himself and says he wants to leave. Remember at the end of last season he said he wants to stay and move to the new stadium.. his problem with the board is an old story and and he's just released what he feels in his book and it's a good way of making sales out of it to be honest. More people would want to buy it and read it then. I

Its not a case of him wanting to leave, its a case of the fans wanting him gone. I think most people here are saying that he'll leave soon because there's very little chance the majority of the fans will ever have anything remotely close to a soft spot for him.

Then why suddenly the fans want him gone now more than ever? the tapping-up scandal was 1.5 yrs ago. What's said in his book is basically reliving the situation from 1.5 yrs ago.

He's the best LB in the world. There's no love for him anymore, but atleast be happy with the fact that he can give us his services. The guy is an Arsenal supporter so he will always do well when he has the shirt on.

With the way things are at the moment we are unlikely to even give him a CHANCE to prove himself to us.

He hasn't said he wants to leave, Wenger says he wants to keep him. Everyone suddenly starts following 'The Sun' all of a sudden.

Where was all this talk at the start of last season? The situation is the same now as it was then. Extracts from the book will always be his side of the story.

You'd be better off banging your head against a brick wall mate.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
mood said:
Number8 said:
mood said:
up2c said:
mood said:
I think this whole Chelsea link is utter bullshit. Cole may leave the club, but I doubt to Chelsea.

Why would they want to buy him and him move there after all that tapping-up scandal?.. I doubt it.

He wont go to another club in England. I doubt Chelsea will buy him nor will he want to go to Chelsea after the whole tapping-up thing. They want Gianluca Zambrotta or Roberto Carlos.

Did you notice there hasn't been any interesting transfer news of late? .. so it's just 'The Sun' trying to sell some stories. No sources, no quotes. Just Cole will join Chelsea for £16-20m.

What Cole said in that book of his was said by him over a year ago.. I remember him using very similar lines. He hasn't come out and said he wants to leave. So dont come up with all the "he's gone" nonsense unless Cole comes out himself and says he wants to leave. Remember at the end of last season he said he wants to stay and move to the new stadium.. his problem with the board is an old story and and he's just released what he feels in his book and it's a good way of making sales out of it to be honest. More people would want to buy it and read it then. I

Its not a case of him wanting to leave, its a case of the fans wanting him gone. I think most people here are saying that he'll leave soon because there's very little chance the majority of the fans will ever have anything remotely close to a soft spot for him.

Then why suddenly the fans want him gone now more than ever? the tapping-up scandal was 1.5 yrs ago. What's said in his book is basically reliving the situation from 1.5 yrs ago.

He's the best LB in the world. There's no love for him anymore, but atleast be happy with the fact that he can give us his services. The guy is an Arsenal supporter so he will always do well when he has the shirt on.

With the way things are at the moment we are unlikely to even give him a CHANCE to prove himself to us.

He hasn't said he wants to leave, Wenger says he wants to keep him. Everyone suddenly starts following 'The Sun' all of a sudden.

Where was all this talk at the start of last season? The situation is the same now as it was then. Extracts from the book will always be his side of the story.

Perhaps people are angry because of the supposedly new quotes from him within the last week. You know trying to sell his book off Arsenal's back?

You know:

'Arsenal hung me out to dry, using me as a scapegoat to get back at Chelsea

The board 'rewarded' me with an insult and threw years of loyalty back in my face

Fed me to the sharks

I felt betrayed'

Blah, blah, blah.

That might give you a hint as to why....

i think the difference is that this time most supporters want him to go also. my mates and i were 50/50 last season and were hopeful that he would realize his mistakes and commit his loyalty to the club. instead, he consistently wants to blame other people for his mistakes and thinks he is bigger than the club. i don't know a single supporter who wants to see him on august 19 still. it is a damn shame given that he is not only english but local but the guy just keeps putting his foot in his mouth. i definitely believe ashley is the best left back in the world but it is also probably good business for the club to bank 16mm for a left back- no matter who he is. if i am wrong and ashley does stay i certainly hope he will speak to the fans and apologize for the past year and a half. i would still rather he goes but if he does put on the shirt again he will get no worse than indifference from me.

Guillermo

Just out of curiosity, why would anyone want to read a book by Ashley Cole? He has to be one of the most uninteresting creatures on the planet.

As for his supposed-transfer, I can't say I'm overly bothered either way. If he's 100% commited, then great; if not, then I have no qualms with him being shipped out.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
YuenBiaoFan said:
Big Poppa said:
mood said:
Number8 said:
mood said:
up2c said:
mood said:

Perhaps people are angry because of the supposedly new quotes from him within the last week. You know trying to sell his book off Arsenal's back?

You know:

'Arsenal hung me out to dry, using me as a scapegoat to get back at Chelsea

The board 'rewarded' me with an insult and threw years of loyalty back in my face

Fed me to the sharks

I felt betrayed'

Blah, blah, blah.

That might give you a hint as to why....

And where did these quotes appear?

Do they tell the whole story?

hellolo

he's liek the typical ex-gf always bringing up the past to argue something, if only he just apologized

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Not really since there's been no denial from Cole's people and indeed Wenger even felt the need to comment on them.

To me that suggests that it's not 'Nuff said.'

Cruisio

Established Member
qs said:
mood said:
qs said:
mood said:

How do you figure that?

Its not like Juve is the only job Capellos ever had. He's won it with Real before and he'll do it again. Barca are overrated.

How can the La Liga winner and Champions League winners be overrated? What MORE could they do to fit the billing?

awooga83

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
You been under a rock or something?

Why do you think people have been getting so hett up?!

They were in The Sun on Friday.

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... sp?a=23967

'Nuff said.

Whys doesn't he come out and say the quotes are false and they are just rehashing my words from a year ago. He owes us that at least after all the **** he put us through. People keep talking about giving the guy a chance what the hell was the last season he was with us and most people were starting to put it behind them, they may not have liked him but they were willing to tolerate him, then new quotes come forward and he is releasing a book, but i supposse thats not his fault either its really just a battle between Arsenal and his books publisher and he is caught in the middle.

If he truly wanted to stay at Arsenal then he wouldn't of released this book. He clearly cares little for Arsenal and i'm quite happy if Arsenal and me care little for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom