• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethie

hellolo said:
he's liek the typical ex-gf always bringing up the past to argue something, if only he just apologized

and that's why she's the ex.
at least arsenal's getting money out of dumping cashley? i'll be lucky to get a last goodbye **** from her.

not that i am dying to anyway.
:lol:

bethie

Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
You been under a rock or something?

Why do you think people have been getting so hett up?!

They were in The Sun on Friday.

http://www.arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... sp?a=23967

'Nuff said.

Nuff said about what?

That Cashley's not cashing in (sorry pun unintended) on the situation with his 'autobiography' whose highlight no doubt would be to sensationalize the tapping up from last year, and would no doubt have an adverse effect on the team on the fringe of the new season?

Cashley thinks he's bigger than the club. I'm sorry. I think the club's bigger than him. There are better ways of handling his dispute with the club. He choose to do it in an ugly way. So don't expect nice response from us gooners.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
YuenBiaoFan said:
Not really since there's been no denial from Cole's people and indeed Wenger even felt the need to comment on them.

To me that suggests that it's not 'Nuff said.'

If there was an apology to the fans in the book (Does anyone even know?), do you think The S*n would have printed it anyway?

If he was twice as critical of Chelsea in the blurb as he was with those from Arsenal, would they show it in their serialisation? All they do is use recycled quotes, which makes it appear like a fresh 'outburst' and gets everybody's knickers in a twist again.

Much more pertinent to them is the fact that they need to sell newspapers.

It's amazing how easily people are persuaded by a paper that writes crap like "Cole told 'pals' at his wedding that he wants to leave Arsenal..."

Yeah I can really imagine him talking about his Arsenal future to everyone on his wedding day!

How can you base your perceptions of somebody from such a source?

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
Not really since there's been no denial from Cole's people and indeed Wenger even felt the need to comment on them.

If there was an apology to the fans in the book (Does anyone even know?), do you think The S*n would have printed it anyway?

If he was twice as critical of Chelsea in the blurb as he was with those from Arsenal, would they show it in their serialisation? All they do is use recycled quotes, which makes it appear like a fresh 'outburst' and gets everybody's knickers in a twist again.

It's amazing how easily people are persuaded by a paper that writes crap like "Cole told 'pals' at his wedding that he wants to leave Arsenal..."

Yeah I can really imagine him talking about his Arsenal future to everyone on his wedding day!

You got a hard on for the little ****** or something.

Those quotes aren't from his book, I believe they're from a press release about the book i.e. his words not the made up bullshit attributed to sources close to the player nonsense.

I base my perceptions on what he's said in public. That's FACT. A slave? Do me a favour.

belgianfan

Can't we just sell him and buy another defender with the money we get from him. If he doesn't want to play for the team we should get rid of him. Than both player and team is happy. Of course the price should be justified but with that russian dumbass in charge at chelski I don't think that would be a problem :D

awooga83

Established Member
While he is playing for Arsenal if if he wants to continue playing for Arsenal he should not release this book it will have no positive effects. If he wanted to stay he wouldn't be doing this. If the quotes are old come out and say so. If he does have a go at Chelsea why doesn't he come out and say he does, not that that would change my opinion in anyway because if he has a go at Arsenal then he will already have done his damage.

If he cared that much about the fans there would be a personal apology from him not in some book that wouldn't cut it. There would be no reason to believe any such apology wasn't added by someone else or his shawdow writer.

nidza7

Established Member
goonerz49 said:
is it definatly true that his buy clause is £16m? so we definatly can't get anymore for him?

i guess no,if the club pay 16m to us all they need is players aproval and that`s it -he`s gone.

that happened to Barca when they lost Figo to Real.Real just matched Figo`s buy-out clause and fulfilled Figo`s personal terms.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

YuenBiaoFan said:
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:

Those quotes aren't from his book, I believe they're from a press release about the book i.e. his words not the made up bullshit attributed to sources close to the player nonsense.

I base my perceptions on what he's said in public. That's FACT. A slave? Do me a favour.

Eh? I'm saying wait till you know all the facts, and it means I've got a hard-on for him? okayyyyyy ...

So you say you base your perceptions on him from what he says in public. Fine. But since the case, for legal reasons he's had his tongue tied about the whole issue and has not made any sort of public statement about it.

Everything thereafter has been speculation from the media and everyone who thinks they know what went on better than Cole himself.

Funny that the article came out on the day of his wedding. They know he won't be able to respond for at least 2 weeks, if he's even aware of it at all.

That's perhaps why he's releasing his book. To set the record straight to people like yourself who think they know, but have no idea.

It wouldn't have been the first time the board have f****d around with a player's contract offer;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 150047.stm

Companies do that, they'll cut corners to save costs. Sometimes it's not always handled in the best manner and has repercussions. Disputes arise, and nobody is blameless - especially not Cole, but at least wait until you have heard the whole of his side of the story before jumping on the bandwagon.

awooga83

Established Member
It is possible Arsenal have done things wrong i don't dispute that but so has Cole and him meeting with a top rival during the season is almost unforgivable. Then to stir it all up again doesn't do Arsenal any good, it may do him some good but i want Arsenal to do well not any one person.

Then you also have to say what has Cole done in the grand scheme of things for Arsenal and what has Dein, the board and Wenger done. Once again Cole has done good for Arsenal but unfortunately the others have done much more for the benefit of the club and they haven't turned around and gone crying to one of our rivals. So whatever he says i will back the board and the club, whatever thay did doesn't justify what he did if he really loved this club as people used to say he did.

Finally it comes down to the fact Arsenal is not about anyone person its about the club and i will never support a player over the club. You have favourtie players overtime but you always support the club.

I don't base my wanting him sold on the sun, he talked to Chelsea which i felt was enough reason to get sold in the first place. A season went by and people start to perhaps try to put it behind them and he releases this book which will contain criticisms of Arsenal while he is plaing for us, thats not professional. Thats two major things with a destabilizing affect on the club and that is not acceptable for a player to do, therefore that is the reason for me wanting him sold and no further facts will change that.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
What you think he doesn't have a PR agency collecting EVERY single millimetre of press coverage he gets? That all the clippings are read and kept and that his people don't have daily updates on them? Of course he knows about it.

Look, I wasn't one to jump on his back for the original post in this thread, allegedly he didn't invite Wenger to his wedding, big deal. IF it's true then it would be slightly dissapointing, I would've liked to have thought that a man he owes a great deal to would be invited. But there could be dozens of reasons why Wenger wasn't there. It's up to him really.

Of course every employer employee have difficulties but that doesn't excuse the way he acted and what he said. The only reason I could see him ****ing off to the Chavs and lying about it is if Arsenal said 'sign this, if you don't you'll spend the rest of your contract in the reserves'. But that wouldn't happen would it?

Now, we get to his press release for the book, where, again, he allegedly talks **** about the club he declares to love. **** him.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:

Eh? I'm saying wait till you know all the facts, and it means I've got a hard-on for him? okayyyyyy ...

So you say you base your perceptions on him from what he says in public. Fine. But since the case, for legal reasons he's had his tongue tied about the whole issue and has not made any sort of public statement about it.

Everything thereafter has been speculation from the media and everyone who thinks they know what went on better than Cole himself.

Funny that the article came out on the day of his wedding. They know he won't be able to respond for at least 2 weeks, if he's even aware of it at all.

That's perhaps why he's releasing his book. To set the record straight to people like yourself who think they know, but have no idea.

It wouldn't have been the first time the board have f****d around with a player's contract offer;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 150047.stm

Companies do that, they'll cut corners to save costs. Sometimes it's not always handled in the best manner and has repercussions. Disputes arise, and nobody is blameless - especially not Cole, but at least wait until you have heard the whole of his side of the story before jumping on the bandwagon.

Come off it mate.

The facts of the matter are he met with Chelsea whilst under contact with us. It would still have been a bad thing to do had he met with Madrid or Barca, but to meet with Chelsea exposes him as a money grabbing utter ****.

He was caught with his pants down, and instead of taking it on the chin pissed around with appeals, likening his situation to slavery and threatening to totally alter the future of football for the worse.

Then there is the point of his book, in which he is set to attack Arsenal Football Club. And in doing so he crosses the line (if he hadnt already done that by meeting Chelsea).

He moans about the loyalty he has shown to us. What loyalty would that be? He is being payed thousands of pounds to pay for the team he supposedly loves. Hard life isnt?

What gets me about this whole situation is that the little chav seems to really think he is totally innocent in all of this.

The sooner he is gone the better, and I really do hope he goes to Chelsea. The two clubs are made for each other. Classless, tasteless and rotten to the core.

marco

Precisely rocky he does think that he has been sinned against..
that arsenal were out of order for reporting chelsea and for fining him..

We hang him out to dry apparently

where was he when we needed him in January (hanging out with DJ's and Tweedy) ---- he was alright for the whole world cup though wasnt he!! He wasnt too proud not to play in the Champs League Final either was he??

At pompey last season starting singing that ashely cole is a ****ing arsehole at pompey away but peopl just looked at my like i was nuts...

piss off cole and good riddance hope you go and do an edu

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

awooga83 said:
It is possible Arsenal have done things wrong i don't dispute that but so has Cole and him meeting with a top rival during the season is almost unforgivable. Then to stir it all up again doesn't do Arsenal any good, it may do him some good but i want Arsenal to do well not any one person.

Then you also have to say what has Cole done in the grand scheme of things for Arsenal and what has Dein, the board and Wenger done. Once again Cole has done good for Arsenal but unfortunately the others have done much more for the benefit of the club and they haven't turned around and gone crying to one of our rivals. So whatever he says i will back the board and the club, whatever thay did doesn't justify what he did if he really loved this club as people used to say he did.

Finally it comes down to the fact Arsenal is not about anyone person its about the club and i will never support a player over the club. You have favourtie players overtime but you always support the club.

I don't base my wanting him sold on the sun, he talked to Chelsea which i felt was enough reason to get sold in the first place. A season went by and people start to perhaps try to put it behind them and he releases this book which will contain criticisms of Arsenal while he is plaing for us, thats not professional. Thats two major things with a destabilizing affect on the club and that is not acceptable for a player to do, therefore that is the reason for me wanting him sold and no further facts will change that.

This is fine. My argument is not about taking sides and not to dispute the fact that no individual player is bigger than the club. My argument is that people are not willing to allow him the same opportunity to offer his full account of events, his way, before deciding that he should be sold for what has been seen as betraying the club and then subsequently slagging it off to the world's media. He met with Chelsea, simple as that and should f**k off, right?.

Well not so, in my view (doubtless that people think this means I'm choosing Cole over Arsenal or condoning our players meeting with other clubs!). Ash's actions suggest there is much more to it than that, small details that us fans have not had the opportunity to hear about yet. Maybe we never will, or maybe it really is that simple. I just don't feel that you can be critical of a club (on a business level) that has been such a big part of your life, for no reason at all - especially when it's so out of character.

Asa said something about a transcript of the hearing going round, I'd be interested to know if anybody knows where to find it.

For me, something there doesn't make sense. I may be no wiser than the next fool, but I knew a fair bit of Ash when he was younger growing up around T.Hamlets and I know that money won't change him, despite how it seems from the outside. Even after he signed pro terms for Arsenal, he was still always having a kick-about in the park in his neighbourhood with his mates. My older brother knew him better than I did, but I know he was a lot more quiet than some of the others.

He has never been a show-off, nor a money grabber. He's been a die hard gooner since he started out, he just wanted to play football. He has a great family, and lots of good people around him - but I cannot begin to try and explain his behaviour. All I can be certain of is that you won't get any true idea of someone's view based on selective quotes from the blurb of their book. Particularly when those quotes appear in The Sun.

It's not about Cole v Arsenal, Cole v Dein, Arsenal v Chelsea - it's about a breakdown in a relationship for which, none of us can say for certain, was the main cause.

Have a quick look at this;

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/13 ... t_outrage/

I digress slightly, but it's funny how the same incident can be percieved in so many different ways, but ultimately - like Zidane, Only Cole knows what was going through his head and what was really said. There are 2 sides to every story, and this one is no different.

awooga83

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I digress slightly, but it's funny how the same incident can be percieved in so many different ways, but ultimately - like Zidane, Only Cole knows what was going through his head and what was really said. There are 2 sides to every story, and this one is no different.

I accept what your saying there, i know there will be two sides to every story, i understand that it is extremely unlikely that Cole just decided to go meet with Chelsea, something must have happened. My point is there is nothing in my view that could justify going to meet Chelsea one of our major rivals at a time when they were unsetteling alot of clubs and from this didn't Kenyon starts saying cole told him there were Cliques at Arsenal. Which is efectively giving away inside information to a rival which is unacceptable and gives them more chance to unsettle us to their benefit.

For many me included that is enough to warrent his selling, but dragging it up again just when it started to settle to have another go at Arsenal pretty much will tip those that were undecided against him, he would only do this if he wanted to leave, you have to agree that if Cole wanted to stay he wouldn't be doing this if he had wanted to put it behind him and get on with his career here he could have with an apology to the fans. Whatever Arsenal as in Dein, the board or Wenger did the fans had supported him and he repaid that by meting with Chelsea then not making any statement to the fans about it and now attacking the main thing the fans love which is the club.

All of these things attacking Arsenal, showing disreguard for Arsneal and the fans mean in my opinion he should be sold. Nothing he "exposes" in his book will change the above facts as he has already done those and its for those reasons he should be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom