• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's already won the title in Scotland, not much else to achieve in that league these days.

He absolutely ballsed up their Champions League qualification though..lost from a winning position, to a weaker team, at home, who had 10 men.

Think he will get found out as a manager in a proper league, Arteta well clear of him.

Malky

Established Member
It's nice and smart step and going to prove his coaching ability at Rangers he did achieve the maximum at Villa the expectations will be tough.

Liverpool keeping eye on him in case klopp leave so his villa job going to prove if he'll make it into the top level or he'll be nothing just midtable manager or lower.

Villa fans not that happy not sure what they expecting.
Villa fans were convinced that ESR leaving us for them would be a step up in his career, that’s the level of delusion they’re on, so not surprised they think they can do better. Actually seen some online saying they should be trying to get Mancini :lol:

Malky

Established Member
He's already won the title in Scotland, not much else to achieve in that league these days.

He absolutely ballsed up their Champions League qualification though..lost from a winning position, to a weaker team, at home, who had 10 men.

Think he will get found out as a manager in a proper league, Arteta well clear of him.
He won it in a year where Celtic have been at their worst for as long as i remember, plus winning in empty stadiums every week. Retaining the title was the big question, they’re top of the league but look miles away from last season, the standard of their football has been awful.
Genuinely think he needs a few more years at Rangers before going to the PL, he’s going to struggle with Villa.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Villa fans were convinced that ESR leaving us for them would be a step up in his career, that’s the level of delusion they’re on, so not surprised they think they can do better. Actually seen some online saying they should be trying to get Mancini :lol:
Not sure who they think they are if they were competing like Leicester thrn fair enough you can demand and have these ambition but these guys fight relegation every time they in PL last few years until last year when they had decent enough year still finished 11th.

Riou

He won it in a year where Celtic have been at their worst for as long as i remember, plus winning in empty stadiums every week. Retaining the title was the big question, they’re top of the league but look miles away from last season, the standard of their football has been awful.
Genuinely think he needs a few more years at Rangers before going to the PL, he’s going to struggle with Villa.

Recently watched a doc about the 2003 SPL season, were Rangers won the Treble and Celtic got to the UEFA cup final...think the reverse happened in 2008, Celtic win the league and Rangers got to the Cup final.

Both teams looked so much better back in the 2000s, tbh.

Think since the 2010s, the Scottish League has really taken a nose dive...Rangers have defenders starting for them, that were playing for Wigan in League One, I think :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not overly sure how to judge Gerrard but his Rangers side are fairly decent, he's a lot better tactically and in terms of getting the balance right than I thought he'd be.

The question is expectations he'll probably have them midtable but it won't stop the fans from whinging regardless.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Recently watched a doc about the 2003 SPL season, were Rangers won the Treble and Celtic got to the UEFA cup final...think the reverse happened in 2008, Celtic win the league and Rangers got to the Cup final.

Both teams looked so much better back in the 2000s, tbh.

Think since the 2010s, the Scottish League has really taken a nose dive...Rangers have defenders starting for them, that were playing for Wigan in League One, I think :lol:

Celtic were pretty good under O'Neill I vaguely remember, like seriously competitive against teams like Jive, Barca, Liverpool and Ajax and beating them too. It's amazing Larsson stayed there for so long because these days he'd be playing for one of the top clubs in Europe.

Riou

Celtic were pretty good under O'Neill I vaguely remember, like seriously competitive against teams like Jive, Barca, Liverpool and Ajax and beating them too. It's amazing Larsson stayed there for so long because these days he'd be playing for one of the top clubs in Europe.

Rangers and Celtic still felt like pretty good teams, when I first got into football, good allure about both clubs back then too... don't think it was that shocking for Larsson to stay back then.

When Rangers got to the final of the UEFA cup in 2008, think they put out Werder Bremen and Fiorentina.

Feel like if either were in the Premiership now, they would both be easily relegated.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Villa will soon attract an ex-Arsenal player.. Glen Kamara from Rangers!

The scenes, the ambition!

(He has been one of the best players for Finland though.)

Wiltord's left boot

Not sure who they think they are if they were competing like Leicester thrn fair enough you can demand and have these ambition but these guys fight relegation every time they in PL last few years until last year when they had decent enough year still finished 11th.
I keep forgetting they finished 11th. Even in our worse season in 30 years they finished below us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sp**s level manager? Oh the ambition! ;)

Anyway, I still think it's way more amusing they really thought they could attract ESR from us.
Sp**s no matter how we Banter were at least regular CL side with Poch until last 2 years

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Gerrard to Aston Villa confirmed they moved pretty quickly Gerrard also seem pushed the move.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Gerrard to Villa soon to be confirmed.

Looking forward to seeing him coach in the Prem.

ETA:

I'm a big fan of Gerrard, the man and the player, I think a lot of him, his character and his football intelligence. I rate him as a manager as he seems to have the skills combined with the personal qualities to excel at the job. I expect a lot from him and can only wish him the best.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Gerrard to Villa soon to be confirmed.

Looking forward to seeing him coach in the Prem.

ETA:

I'm a big fan of Gerrard, the man and the player, I think a lot of him, his character and his football intelligence. I rate him as a manager as he seems to have the skills combined with the personal qualities to excel at the job. I expect a lot from him and can only wish him the best.

I hope he does really well, I like the guy a lot as well and was pretty gutted he never got to win the Prem. I hope what he's done at Rangers can carry over to Villa and it would be nice to see him take over from Klopp at Liverpool.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Most important move for Gerrard is whether Michael Beale comes with him. By all accounts Beale is a quality coach, the brains of the operation if you like.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom