• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashybashy86

Our only WC player. Dont want to hear a bad word about him or I will come for you.
Has Auba left already then? Also, he's not on the same level as Alisson, Neuer, Ederson, Oblak, et al. Just the best we've had since a Szczesny who had his act together.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Stats arent misleading they prove or disprove opinions.

Leno doesnt command his box like a world class keeper should. Do you disagree?

Leno coming for crosses and set pieces is weak. Disagree?

Lenos is an excellent shot stopper but that is all. A better keeper is probably someone who is good at all areas rather than excellent at one and poor at the others.

And unless your eyes arent working properly you would have seen the horrendous mistake against chelsea. Likewise Everton and likewise yesterday. 3 mistakes in a short period of time 1 that cost us in the league and one that seen us exit this competition. 99 out of 100 keepers with 1 minute on the clock bangs that ball out of play up in the opposition half.

If you were watching your son or grandsons match down in the park and they were winning in almost the last kick of the game you would be screaming for them to boot the ball as far as possible from goal. Its school boy stuff.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Very few of them were. It's the way they turned out to be. I only mentioned 1, maybe 2, as being better than Leno for the moment. Seaman retired 20 years ago.

I regret losing Szczesny, especially for the peanuts we got, but many of the players on the above list were seen as genuine contenders.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Stats arent misleading they prove or disprove opinions.

Leno doesnt command his box like a world class keeper should. Do you disagree?

Leno coming for crosses and set pieces is weak. Disagree?

Lenos is an excellent shot stopper but that is all. A better keeper is probably someone who is good at all areas rather than excellent at one and poor at the others.

And unless your eyes arent working properly you would have seen the horrendous mistake against chelsea. Likewise Everton and likewise yesterday. 3 mistakes in a short period of time 1 that cost us in the league and one that seen us exit this competition. 99 out of 100 keepers with 1 minute on the clock bangs that ball out of play up in the opposition half.

If you were watching your son or grandsons match down in the park and they were winning in almost the last kick of the game you would be screaming for them to boot the ball as far as possible from goal. Its school boy stuff.
Francis Jeffers has the best goals to minutes ratio for an England striker. Doesn’t mean he was the most effective England striker.
Stats are stats. They never tell the whole story.

This guy has saved us more points than any of our “Elite” players have gained for us, including Auba. You either haven’t watched all our games or you dont know what you’re talking about. Sorry.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Making excuses for him about receiving the ball on his weak foot. Come off it.:lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Has Auba left already then? Also, he's not on the same level as Alisson, Neuer, Ederson, Oblak, et al. Just the best we've had since a Szczesny who had his act together.
have desperately tried to avoid getting into the Auba argument for the past few weeks as I’ve been much happier with his overall workrate but imo he’s not WC so...

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Who is someone like Allisson? Trraccy? SSharron?

Here's a (not necessarily full) list of the keepers we had since the glory days of Seaman:

Manninger
Wright
Warmuz
Almunia
Shabaan
Viviano
Lehmann
Fabianski
Szczesny
Mannone
Cech
Ospina
Macey
Martinez

How many of these were better than Leno? Lehmann, maybe Szczesny and Cech (but not after he joined us).

Love to see where all these upgrades are lurking, just wanting a call from north London to rush and join the queue of world-beating players trying to sign up for the Arsenal.

Who woulda thought Almunia, virtually unknown at the time we signed him, would go on to be our number 1 for a few years.

Wasn't Wright supposed to be Seaman's eventual replacement? Never happened for him here did it

Don't even remember Warmuz

Viviano what a funny signing. Made a point of getting him on loan and then he didn't even get a game did he?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Francis Jeffers has the best goals to minutes ratio for an England striker. Doesn’t mean he was the most effective England striker.
Stats are stats. They never tell the whole story.

This guy has saved us more points than any of our “Elite” players have gained for us, including Auba. You either haven’t watched all our games or you dont know what you’re talking about. Sorry.

Watch every match and get to the Emirates about 2 or 3 times a year so dont try to use that one to back up your agenda. Leno is not world class it's why he isnt Germany number one or even close to being it.

It's why hes playing for Arsenal and not City/Liverpool/Barcelona/Munich or teams in that category.

Auba is our only world class player.

Allison, Ederson, Lloris, Schmichael are all better than Leno. He barely makes top 5 keepers in the league and you think hes top class.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Watch every match and get to the Emirates about 2 or 3 times a year so dont try to use that one to back up your agenda. Leno is not world class it's why he isnt Germany number one or even close to being it.

It's why hes playing for Arsenal and not City/Liverpool/Barcelona/Munich or teams in that category.

Auba is our only world class player.

Allison, Ederson, Lloris, Schmichael are all better than Leno. He barely makes top 5 keepers in the league and you think hes top class.
Lol. Agenda? For what exactly?
You genuinely believe Lloris is a better keeper. Wow.
Funny that Bayern have been linked to Leno also.

Ashybashy86

have desperately tried to avoid getting into the Auba argument for the past few weeks as I’ve been much happier with his overall workrate but imo he’s not WC so...
People have stated why they don't think Leno is WC, so why do you think Auba isn't? There is nothing misleading about his stats.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Well,people have stated why they don't think Leno is WC, so why do you think Auba isn't. There is nothing misleading about his stats.
I already said stats don’t tell the whole story. WC players bury that last chance, WC players can do more than just finish (sometimes).
Leno plays in a team that has been defensively suspect for years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I already said stats don’t tell the whole story. WC players bury that last chance, WC players can do more than just finish (sometimes).

Ok so world class bury that chance but world class keeper completely miss a routine cross into the box. Give up lol

roz

Fake News Merchant
Ok so world class bury that chance but world class keeper completely miss a routine cross into the box. Give up lol
I didn’t want to get into the Auba discussion but I was tricked into it. I should have know better. Auba has been fantastic for us recently and hes a great goalscorer. Lets leave it at that.

Leno has been our standout player for the past season and a half imo

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
But there are ‘supposed world class’ strikers who don’t have his numbers. I think you’re splitting hairs and clutching at straws at the same time here lad. There isn’t a fan base or manager in world football who would give a toss about his supposed lack of defensive contribution if he’s producing numbers like that out of nothing. He’s getting blood out of a stone at Arsenal.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
But theres a difference in being standout and world class.

Jonny Evans has been brilliant for Leciester this season. Not world class.

John Fleck has been arguably Sheffield Uniteds best player. Not world class but.

Just because he has been one of our best players doesnt qualify that hes world class.

Aubas record speaks for itself.

roz

Fake News Merchant
But there are ‘supposed world class’ strikers who don’t have his numbers. I think you’re splitting hairs and clutching at straws at the same time here lad. There isn’t a fan base or manager in world football who would give a toss about his supposed lack of defensive contribution if he’s producing numbers like that out of nothing. He’s getting blood out of a stone at Arsenal.
This is true. I suppose its what you expect from a player considered to be WC. For me goals need to be supplemented with the ability to create and work hard also. Thats just me and my opinion.
As I said he’s been brilliant for us recently, not trying to have a go at the guy. Just think “world class”and “elite” are thrown around a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom