• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best manager in the world ?

Best manager in the world ?

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I would say Mourinho. You can hate him all day long
Thanks. Not sure about all day though. :lol:

Those managers are obviously good, but non of them have managed on a proper limited budget, it's all relative.

It's impossible to compare them. They've all been a different clubs, with different players, in different countries, with different budgets.

Neil Warnock has earned 7 promotions in the English leagues with different clubs. But as soon as he gets in the Prem he gets to manage one of the cheapest teams and can't progress, whilst Mourinho is always given one of the richest. It's easy to say Mourinho is elite.

Managerial skills are not something you can compare like say football skills. Unlike on the pitch the playing field is far from level.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...

Those managers are obviously good, but non of them have managed on a proper limited budget, it's all relative.

It's impossible to compare them. They've all been a different clubs, with different players, in different countries, with different budgets.

Neil Warnock has earned 7 promotions in the English leagues with different clubs. But as soon as he gets in the Prem he gets to manage one of the cheapest teams and can't progress, whilst Mourinho is always given one of the richest. It's easy to say Mourinho is elite.

Managerial skills are not something you can compare like say football skills. Unlike on the pitch the playing field is far from level
I totally agree with that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

Managerial skills are not something you can compare like say football skills. Unlike on the pitch the playing field is far from level.

I said he was the best manager,not anymore.Well,he earned his quality by winning CL with Porto and he i would say that Madrid was his only real failure in his career until now.

No,managers have also have their categories and limitations,just like players.Warncok was good in his part but i dobut that he would be good in some big club.It's just different.Why Moyes didn't make it in Utd ? AVB in Chelsea ? and a lot of more examples of that.

AVENTUS

In terms of domestic and European success I voted Carlo. Would of gone Pep but very Apparent he was carried by his stars at Barcelona.

None of these in that list can touch Alex Ferguson tho kills me to say but his probably the most decorated and successful manager in footballs 120 year history

If this question was asked the night before the 2006 Champions League would of been Wenger absolutely clear cut no shadow of a doubt

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
In terms of domestic and European success I voted Carlo. Would of gone Pep but very Apparent he was carried by his stars at Barcelona.

None of these in that list can touch Alex Ferguson tho kills me to say but his probably the most decorated and successful manager in footballs 120 year history

If this question was asked the night before the 2006 Champions League would of been Wenger absolutely clear cut no shadow of a doubt

Yeah.Pep is good manager,but i don't like his style and he is too stubborn about his tactic.He made new Barcelona and improved Xavi and Iniesta and also gave chance to Pedro,Busquets etc.

Agree about Ancelotti.He made good work in almost all teams and he is great for cup competitions like CL.I even expected more from him in Bayern but there's still a lot of time to prove himself.

Wenger was great in his peak.Sadly,he never created winning mentality and right attitude since we came to Emirates.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I said he was the best manager,not anymore.Well,he earned his quality by winning CL with Porto and he i would say that Madrid was his only real failure in his career until now.

No,managers have also have their categories and limitations,just like players.Warncok was good in his part but i dobut that he would be good in some big club.It's just different.Why Moyes didn't make it in Utd ? AVB in Chelsea ? and a lot of more examples of that.
Seen the comparison of Moyes, LVG, Mourinho's first season and they all finished with 50+ points and all in a very similar position on the table.

Everybody refers to Moyes as an example of how lower managers can't make it at the top. But the evidence is far from clear.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Seen the comparison of Moyes, LVG, Mourinho's first season and they all finished with 50+ points and all in a very similar position on the table.

Everybody refers to Moyes as an example of how lower managers can't make it at the top. But the evidence is far from clear.

Well,same goes with Pep right ? he didn't anything more than Pellegrini and Mancini.They need time to make good team and we'll see how good they will be next season.I'm pretty sure that Utd will be in title race next season and just that will be better than under Moyes and LVG.And that's difference.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Well,same goes with Pep right ? he didn't anything more than Pellegrini and Mancini.They need time to make good team and we'll see how good they will be next season.I'm pretty sure that Utd will be in title race next season and just that will be better than under Moyes and LVG.And that's difference.
Yeah, I think they will be too. You can't spend those sums and not challenge. :lol:

The point is though, unlike the other two, Moyes didn't get a second season at a rich club. And managers do need time you're right. So we'll never know if he's better or worse than LVG or Mourinho. How long did Ferguson take to settle?

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I think they will be too. You can't spend those sums and not challenge. :lol:

The point is though, unlike the other two, Moyes didn't get a second season at a rich club. And managers do need time you're right. So we'll never know if he's better or worse than LVG or Mourinho. How long did Ferguson take to settle?

Didn't inherit a league winning team, unlike the others.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Didn't inherit a league winning team, unlike the others.
True.

At their outset, Ferguson and Moyes didn't have the cash available to LVG and Mourinho. That's why comparing managers is somewhat difficult.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

I don't get that thing about spending if you spend stupid money.It's important nowdays,but it's not everything.

Nah,Moyes will never make it there.Tough task for every manager in the world to lead that United's team to title and to get good results.Apart from some good spells with Everton he failed in every club.Well,LVG had good chance to prove himself last season ? He spent a lot of money and league was weak as ****.He won't have two chances like that in United.

For me it's Simeone. Year in year out he gets Atlético to overachieve. Made them a prominent fixture in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Think his success is being taken for granted at this point. He's been able to maintain one of the world's best defensive sides with Gabi as his defensive midfielder, that's crazy.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
For me it's Simeone. Year in year out he gets Atlético to overachieve. Made them a prominent fixture in the latter stages of the Champions League.

Think his success is being taken for granted at this point. He's been able to maintain one of the world's best defensive sides with Gabi as his defensive midfielder, that's crazy.

Yeah,it's amazing thing how he made this Atletico and their defence is top class.Shame that he didn't win CL at least once,he deserves it.Hard to happen now,last season was real chance.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

True.

At their outset, Ferguson and Moyes didn't have the cash available to LVG and Mourinho. That's why comparing managers is somewhat difficult.

To be fair, I think every United manager had the cash available. Even in his early tenure, Sir Alex was making record bids for Mark Hughes, Roy Keane, Cantona etc. He just mostly knew how to spend the money wisely.

Moyes also had the resources, it was his own fault. Just bottled his transfer windows chasing players he couldn't attract when more realistic targets were available. For example;

“When I first went in my real target was Gareth Bale. I felt all along that Gareth Bale was a Manchester United player.

“I fought right until the last minute. We actually offered a bigger deal than Real Madrid. But Gareth had his mind made up on going to Real Madrid. That was, in my mind, the player I really wanted to bring to Manchester United.

We ended the window signing Fellaini on deadline day.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't get that thing about spending if you spend stupid money.It's important nowdays,but it's not everything.

Nah,Moyes will never make it there.Tough task for every manager in the world to lead that United's team to title and to get good results.Apart from some good spells with Everton he failed in every club.Well,LVG had good chance to prove himself last season ? He spent a lot of money and league was weak as ****.He won't have two chances like that in United.
Managers from less well off teams in the EPL are very rarely given an opportunity at the top clubs, however well they do.

Moyes was an exception. And even then he was only given one year despite doing roughly the same as Mourinho/LVG.

It's a total myth in football that lower club managers would never be as good as the elite managers. They are in the lower half of the league because they don't have the money to buy quality players, not because their managerial skills are poor. And once they get tarred with being a lower league manager the rich teams won't look at them. It's like banks like Coutts only taking recruits from public schools.

Most of those managers on the list are on a merry go round of managing the best players in the world. They would have to be pretty bad to even drop to mid table.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Managers from less well off teams in the EPL are very rarely given an opportunity at the top clubs, however well they do.

Moyes was an exception. And even then he was only given one year despite doing roughly the same as Mourinho/LVG.

It's a total myth in football that lower club managers would never be as good as the elite managers. They are in the lower half of the league because they don't have the money to buy quality players, not because their managerial skills are poor. And once they get tarred with being a lower league manager the rich teams won't look at them. It's like banks like Coutts only taking recruits from public schools.

Most of those managers on the list are on a merry go round of managing the best players in the world. They would have to be pretty bad to even drop to mid table.

But how they became top managers ? They had to prove themselfs in some situations and clubs and they have good reputation.They didn't come from nowhere and became quality managers.Mourinho became popular after Porto,Pep made new system with Barca and won all things with them,Wenger made new Arsenal,Simeone done big things with Atletico with limited budget and made good team etc.They were all exposed in some way or another and they proved that they are good.

You look at this situation quite simple like it's easy to lead big team with good players and that manager don't have any big role there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
My vote goes to Óscar Pareja. Who says the best manager has to be somebody you've ever heard of? Hey, it's easy to be a great manager at Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. This one is for all the little guys.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom