• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i just love carling cup ties. when we always field so young squad, against a strong team, may have no confidence including me. then the whole team proved us wrong. great feeling.

i realised everytime i watched our youngster, i would focus on their skills, technique and everything and rate them as a player. our whole squad was good yesterday, only the defence abit of suspect.

fabianski have one of the best technique and young keeper have. fantastic handling skills, determined character in getting to the ball, and superb reflexes. he could immediately start for our first team in my opinion. saved us many times yesterday.

pity barazite was seriously injured, but he looked the least impressive of the young players who made their debut. randall was decent, quite skilless actually on the wings, but good passing technique and calm on the ball. will make a good central mid. merida have great skills and should have came on earlier. accurate passing as well.

shouldn't let diarra leave, such a great talent. diaby have improved leaps and bounds and who said he couldn't pass a ball properly?

so proud of our youngsters

tam1886

Established Member
Illusion said:
Seems there was some confusion over the Denilson sending off.

He was indeed booked earlier in the game and many commentators assumed he was given a second yellow when he was sent off later on in the game. However, it seems that whilst he was already booked he got a straight red for the challenge in the end.

So I guess he will suffer the same penalties as a straight red, don't know if I've ever seen a player receive a straight red instead of a second yellow.
Defintely a second red with the bans that come with a red I think. The yellow does count towards disciplinary points as well I think.

It's not uncommon to see a straight red for a bad tackle/violence etc after a yellow. I've seen it happen a few times.

USArsenal said:
was just pokin' around at Red Cafe... someone actually was getting pissed off that the media were saying that the "Young Gunners" overcame Blackburn since they didnt feel that we were that young....

i mean, our average starting age was 20.7 with Eddy the eldest at 24.. add our subs (avg age of 17.4) to our complete lineup, our average age went down to 19.6...

sorry, to me, less than 21 is a YOUNG FECKING TEAM to put our against a full-strength Blackburn side IN BLACKBURN
Well the young players' awards are given up to the age of 23 aren't they. Using that as a yardstick, we were well below that. If 22 is young enough for Ronaldo to be crowned the Premierships best young player, its young enough for us to be calling them a young team. Double standards.

Chuffed to bits. I was at an Ocean Colour Scene gig so I missed to game, but I avoided the score and watched the extended highlghts later on. I was amazed how well such a young team coped against a team like Blackburn. There were no bad displays and every one of them can be proud. Most of them had one or two shaky moments but thats to be expected.

I was especially pleased at how Randall, Merida, Barazite and Gibbs handled themselves. All of the looked the part. Randall had some tremendous passes which looked straight out of the Fabregas/Hleb manual of through balls. Barazite seemed happy enough getting stuck in and Merida looked classy. I think the only thing that worked against him was that by the time we had come on there wasn't to many options for him to hit, with Bendtner being tired and us not having as much offensive play by then. He looked as if he could really have influenced it in the right circumstances.

Excellent win for them.

gunnerGH

Established Member
KingReyes said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a f****g result! Take that Hughes you f****g mug.

Can't agree more. Hughes is a total tosspot what a ****.

Savage aswell, **** off you woman, ****ing mug

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Denilson looked as if he was about to piss himself when the Blackburn players confronted him but credit to Song and Diarra who stood up for Denilson. He was really kicked about and lashed out, it's only human. The boy is a big talent, add goals to his game and he will be great in my opinion.

Song looks like he will go down the Toure route where he drops into center back and makes it his own. He is still fourth choice but if he preform like that consistently than he might well be knocking on the door.

Hoyte was probably the only player yesterday who didn't look and Arsenal player. It pains me to say but the boy just doesn't seem to be on the same level as the likes Diarra, Denilson and so on.

You have to feel gutted for Barazite, he showed a few good touches and looked very confident with the ball at his feet. Merida too looked good when he came on. Randall was uninspiring but didn't do much wrong. There was too little time to asses Gibbs but he did well against Sheffield in the last round.

All in all the future is very bright!

bazza_afc

Very proud to be a gooner last night, thought the boys were outstanding. Special mentions to Song, Diarra & the man who has no nerves and feels no pressure Eduardo, two top, top finishes.

lagos

Established Member
CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Hoyte was probably the only player yesterday who didn't look and Arsenal player. It pains me to say but the boy just doesn't seem to be on the same level as the likes Diarra, Denilson and so on.

!

I thought he had a good game and don't forget the double block right at the death. Yeah he's not on the same level as the players you mention but he's true Arsenal and that counts for something

RockyRocastle

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
KingReyes said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a f****g result! Take that Hughes you f****g mug.

Can't agree more. Hughes is a total tosspot what a ****.

Savage aswell, f**k off you woman, f****g mug

**** off you women :lol:

It was a joy to watch that utter mug chasing shadows all over the gaff last night.

They never cease to amaze me this group of players, they really were fantastic.

Bring on the dirty yids ****s in the semi with 6,000 Arsenal at the Lane this time!

Unkmengani

Mark Hughes is an odious, classless, ungracious, lying hypocritical c*nt.

He has all the qualities needed to be United's next manager.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I realise he was only on for circa ten minutes, but I was mightly impressed by Merida's touch and composure. He seemed to be a calming presence at a time when we were losing our rag.

First half we looked exceptional defensively but in the 2nd half the opposite. Anyway, despite what Mancs and scousers (this includes Hughes) might say, only 2 players that featured against Blackburn regularly make the subs bench of our first team.

Make no mistake, these ARE youngsters - it's just that they're so good people refuse to believe and try searching for lame excuses.

giuliob

Here's one shocking stat ...Blackburn took a lot of corners but....

Blackburn - 14 Corners
Arsenal - 2 Corners

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true gooner said:
The sad part is Song wont be hear during January either right? :(

im not so sure about that... he is not listed in their 2007 squad and has not featured for them this year.... in fact, i dont think he's ever actually featured for their regular squad.. he played in the U-20 ACN last year....

entropy13

Established Member
USArsenal said:
true gooner said:
The sad part is Song wont be hear during January either right? :(

im not so sure about that... he is not listed in their 2007 squad and has not featured for them this year.... in fact, i dont think he's ever actually featured for their regular squad.. he played in the U-20 ACN last year....

He only featured in their first qualifier, then never played again.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
what does it say that they are trying to lure Lauren out of international retirement? i dont think Song will be going this year

banduan

Established Member
Upon looking at their 1st goal replay, Hoyte had played Derbyshire onside. Need to get that line straight and proper.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Hughes: Arsenal kids a match for Man Utd '92

Blackburn Rovers boss Mark Hughes rates Arsenal's latest batch of superkids as a match for Manchester United's class of '92.
Hughes was a leading light at Old Trafford when the nucleus of United's talented FA Youth Cup sides went on to establish glittering careers at the top.

David Beckham, Gary and Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt all battled through to claim a first-team place then graduated with honours for United and won nearly 350 England caps between them.

Hughes said: "Arsenal's players have the same mentality and they are very competitive. They can do very well too. Their mentality is that they expect to win games - they don't just hope to win games.

"At United, lads like Beckham, Scholes, Neville and Butt all had that same mentality. You could see it in them right from the time that they were in the youth team.

"I look at Arsenal's young players and I see that in them as well. They will always get the ball down and pass and move, and they'll create opportunities."

No single youth set-up since has produced such an abundance of talent - Gary Neville, for example, has won seven League titles and three FA Cups - and Wenger will often buy abroad rather than develop.

Hughes added: "What Arsenal have are two excellent teams - a first-choice team and another one which is made up of all the other exceptional players they have.

"Arsenal have got a fantastic squad. It's not a case of a first team and the reserves - they are all talented players. The team that played us are a talented side of individuals. They're maybe not as strong or cohesive as the first XI but that's because they have not played as many games together.

"They are very athletic and they can retain possession really well. We set out with a game plan to play high tempo and put them under pressure but we had to change because they were so impressive in the first 30 minutes.

"Arsenal will always have quality but this "kids" tag is also a relative term.

"Eduardo scored two goals - I don't know how much he cost, but it was something like £11million (actually, the fee is believed to be £7.5m). So these young kids don't come cheap

Always nice to have some praise from a manager.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
actually its abit of backstabbing as well on his part, claiming that those aren't kids that we develop. bastard hughes, as always against arsenal.

remember how he dimisss our players as dark arts?

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom