• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

USArsenal said:
was just pokin' around at Red Cafe... someone actually was getting pissed off that the media were saying that the "Young Gunners" overcame Blackburn since they didnt feel that we were that young....

i mean, our average starting age was 20.7 with Eddy the eldest at 24.. add our subs (avg age of 17.4) to our complete lineup, our average age went down to 19.6...

sorry, to me, less than 21 is a YOUNG FECKING TEAM to put our against a full-strength Blackburn side IN BLACKBURN

To be fair the average age on that board is very likely to be much less than that of the team we fielded. :roll:

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
For real phenn, now I dont mean to bang on again about 'I said this, I said that' but im rarely wrong

Been saying for a while, Song should be a centre back as although as we saw against steaua hes improved a lot in midfield, his long term position does not lie there for me, I said he could be the next toure

His performace today in the heart of defence was imperious and colossal just like our vice captain

Well done dirty den, he stood up for himself , had a little rush of blood to the head and deserved his red
He'll learn and will be back for the semis

sesquioxide

lagosgooner said:
I wonder what an Arsenal 1st team v Arsenal B team game would be like

It would be lovely indeed.

It seems to me, and I don't know if anyone agrees, that over this and last season our worst performances always come when we have to mix up the A and B team members (due to injuries). When we field strictly the A team or strictly the B team, rarely have I been disappointed.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Jasard said:
USArsenal said:
was just pokin' around at Red Cafe... someone actually was getting pissed off that the media were saying that the "Young Gunners" overcame Blackburn since they didnt feel that we were that young....

i mean, our average starting age was 20.7 with Eddy the eldest at 24.. add our subs (avg age of 17.4) to our complete lineup, our average age went down to 19.6...

sorry, to me, less than 21 is a YOUNG FECKING TEAM to put our against a full-strength Blackburn side IN BLACKBURN

To be fair the average age on that board is very likely to be much less than that of the team we fielded. :roll:

Well ours tonight was 16.75 so if theirs is lower then.......

....wowwww :D

phenn

red cafe is a truly terrible board. it is definitely worse than rawk and possibly even worse than glory glory....

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
sesquioxide said:
lagosgooner said:

It would be lovely indeed.

It seems to me, and I don't know if anyone agrees, that over this and last season our worst performances always come when we have to mix up the A and B team members (due to injuries). When we field strictly the A team or strictly the B team, rarely have I been disappointed.

If we win the title we should give the fans what they want and play that match, I dont see why not

Our teams are so strong they can all do pre season against each other and get better

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Some decent guys on redcafe but some real ****s too.

I try to get good discussions going but its hit and miss.

Im loving this comment though that crops up rather a lot.I frequently am told when we have a bad patch in games that we got "found out".

I love it.We get "found out".Revealed for what we truly are....a cheaply assembled team, still in all competitions with our b team in the carling cup Semi's playing mainly away games, sitting top of the league having played our 3 main rivals all in the not too distant past.

Rumbled.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

:S Either im very tired or the ATVO highlights (which are 15 mins long) dont show our third goal... I looked a couple of times :lol:

Invincible

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
For real phenn, now I dont mean to bang on again about 'I said this, I said that' but im rarely wrong

Been saying for a while, Song should be a centre back as although as we saw against steaua hes improved a lot in midfield, his long term position does not lie there for me, I said he could be the next Touré

His performace today in the heart of defence was imperious and colossal just like our vice captain

Well done dirty den, he stood up for himself , had a little rush of blood to the head and deserved his red
Is it only me that enjoyed that tackle? I say well done to him as well, even though he got a red card, I wasn't feeling too disappointed about it.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Well one thing, Everytime were on Sky we give attractive peformances and its beneficial for english football

It makes a great event....Our kids go up against burly blackburn
Sort of like a david v goliath battle which sky made it out to be effectively and in the end their the ones thats smiling with us as the event had a lot of viewers all over england

Our boys soldier on, We pump our fists repetitively with dark avenge
COYR!!!!!

phenn

Invincible said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

Been saying for a while, Song should be a centre back as although as we saw against steaua hes improved a lot in midfield, his long term position does not lie there for me, I said he could be the next Touré

Is it only me that enjoyed that tackle? I say well done to him as well, even though he got a red card, I wasn't feeling too disappointed about it.

no, at the time i was very upset about it because he got sent off and to be fair it was a very stupid thing to do. not even really nasty, just stupid. I'd be less upset if he did it directly on Robbie Savage's knee but there you go.

The fact that we won makes me less upset with Denilson but it really was a stupid red card.

He and Diarra were up for it to be nasty today, especially Diarra who I swear just looked a different class to almost everyone else out there, he had a blinder in my opinion. He knows he's good too.

sesquioxide

EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
If we win the title we should give the fans what they want and play that match, I dont see why not

Our teams are so strong they can all do pre season against each other and get better

That would be a great idea. They probably can sell out the stadium many times over if they played such a game.

I suppose the A team deserves a handicap where Wenger manages the B team and Pat Rice manages the A team.

Anzac

Established Member
Very impressed with the performance & result. Haven't seen any coverage of the match so I'm hoping it will be replayed on the box so I can see it at some stage.

This result will not only boost the moral & confidence of these players, but will also do so for the club as a whole, and will put some pressure on the first tam to match the performance - not just this weekend but in general terms as well............

Hats off to ya lads - well done!!!!!!
:respect

True Gooner

Established Member
The sad part is Song wont be hear during January either right? :(

Anyway, I thought he was amazing last night, defended well and came forward to good effect, he was beaten in the air a few times in the second half but that was probably because BOTH Samba and Mccarthy were climbing over him. He was calm and composed and TBF it really looked like 3 Songs were playing tonight. Im very happy for him, Song can not be called a joke anymore, Wenger has done it again by making him a CB. How does AW do it? :?
Diaby was very good to although he faded out of the game later on.
And Eduardo is a monster. Give him time and he will bring in the goals.
And a special mention to young Randall who had a very positve debut, not easy to even survive a first debut against Blackburn but I thought he was very good on the night. Barazite looked like a good player too, shame he got injured :(

DC Gunner

Established Member
bluenaz said:
lagosgooner said:

Almunia
Sagna-Touré-Gallas-Clichy
Rosicky-Cesc-Flamini-Hleb
Ade-Robin

vs

Lehmann
Eboue-Song-Senderos-Traore
Theo-Denilson-Diarra-Diaby
Bendtner-Eduardo

:shock: That would be some crazy game.
It sure would

Ade V. Senderos, now who would miskick the ball more :D

Speaking of denilson, he got a red for something f*ck Terry got yellow for.

marco

Fanatastic victory..

down to ten men being kicked all over the park and yet we produce that sort of gutsy performance...

hats off to the boys..

great finishes from eduardo.. bentner strong once again..
alex song- great couple of passes in there- fabregas eat your heart out!!!

tbbosa

Well done to the boys...Diarra was my MOTM followed closely by Song. Bendtner and Eduardo did great too. I believe AW wanted the kids to have maximum education hence the switch to 4-5-1. For him the Education for these kids is more important than the damn cup. Its really impressive knowing that Blackburn gave it their whole, as it was their most realistic chance to win silverware this seaoson..and us playing with 10 players is even more impressive. Great game too, makes me proud!!

One thing though, the Officials are going to ruin our season for sure. So many decisions this season have not gone our way!!...must be the English players / foreigners debate, I think AW better sign some two or so English players in Jan, even if they don’t get into the first team, otherwise these officials are bent on screwing our season!!

Oh to be..Oh to be a gunner!!

Rohit

Established Member
Great performance in the first half, supplemented by great effort in the second and extra time, proud of the team.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom