• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

Mostarac

Established Member
Fantastic result for this young team. The thing which really makes this win even better is that we won against those ****ing thugs. Right from the start they were having a go at our players and constantly fouling them without any sanctions from that **** Riley. Almost every single player we had there played a great match, there were some parts of the match where some of our players were a bit sloppy, but still to come back and win the match with 10 men is truly fantastic. I hope we get Tottenham in the semi-final once again, would be great to win again and qualify for the final.

AFCG7

Established Member
On a side note.. that Santa Cruz fella - he's good isnt he? Finally getting a good run of game swithout injury - he always seemed to be crocked at bayern.. now playing in the most physical of leagues and looking fit.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
kids played wonderful.amazing performance. Song was super..too bad he is short...but he was super. Its really amazing how a whole new team..can play this well against an established premier league team. Diaby did very well today..one of his best games...just fabulous. A game like this gives them so much experience...

Illusion

Established Member
Seems there was some confusion over the Denilson sending off.

He was indeed booked earlier in the game and many commentators assumed he was given a second yellow when he was sent off later on in the game. However, it seems that whilst he was already booked he got a straight red for the challenge in the end.

So I guess he will suffer the same penalties as a straight red, don't know if I've ever seen a player receive a straight red instead of a second yellow.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have to admit that I underestimate these kids. Fortunately, Eduardo put up a display against a physical PL team.

Though I have a minor complaint on the lax defense in Cruz's second goal, I won't go into it too much given Cruz's recent excellent scoring form. What's more, Song made up his error on marking Cruz by assisting the winning goal. Hat off to Alex. Tough kid he surely is.

Can't wait to see Eduardo knocking goal after goal in the league. That would be a great fun though. :D

ibby

Established Member
First Half - Best performance this season by any of our teams.

Second Half - Experience cost us.

Extra time - Lucky bastards.

Song MOTM, never thought I'll be saying that any time soon. Come to think of it, does this mean he is our third choice centre back now? Because this season he has looked very solid.

Diarra will be a fool to go.

Diaby scored with his left foot :shock:

RobinVanPersie

Everytime when you don't believe in it anymore, they score. Fantastic first half en and a unbelievable end for such a young team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
was just pokin' around at Red Cafe... someone actually was getting pissed off that the media were saying that the "Young Gunners" overcame Blackburn since they didnt feel that we were that young....

i mean, our average starting age was 20.7 with Eddy the eldest at 24.. add our subs (avg age of 17.4) to our complete lineup, our average age went down to 19.6...

sorry, to me, less than 21 is a YOUNG FECKING TEAM to put our against a full-strength Blackburn side IN BLACKBURN

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i agree... our "kids" managed to do something our first team couldnt, leave Ewood with a win.. (although, to be fair, we only have Jens to thank for that)

Druid

For the young lads to play away to a full strength thug team and win despite having Denilson sent off is amazing... I didn't really expect our youngsters to win this match tbh but fair play to them proving me wrong. If Eduardo continues to perform in physical matches like this he'll be ready for the EPL matches in no time. :D

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

JEALOUSY

Mancs hurt cos their kids are s**t and got outplyayed for 90 minutes to home to Cov

Liverpool are just out the title race and wont win the prem for the rest of this decade

Just realised we fielded 4 english men today, the same as blackburn, which doesnt matter but makes the victory even sweeter

If anyone says we dont have english kids, todays proof that we have and we also have many more

Alfonso

Established Member
Before the game I said I wasnt too bothered about the result tonight, but I am very happy we won. Mainly because it was very important to not lose after being 2-0 up as it could have potentially damaged the morale of the boys. When Blackburn got their second equaliser I was treating it as a CL knockout stage game, shouting and screaming at the TV!

So, so proud of the boys tonight. I have been proven wrong so many times this season. First with Hleb, and now with Song. I never knew Song had that in him. I thought he was a decent player but with a weak mentality. But he showed all the balls in the world today with a magnficant peformance from the back. I was very impressed with Hoyte as well, esp his passion at the end when he was celebrating like a true gooner.

Unbelivable result, and one of the games of the season. There is one thing beating Shefiled Utd away 4-0 and getting the praises, but tonight this victory was far more important, as we showed CHARACTER IN ADVERSITY. It's so important.

Do not underestimate this victory. This is a special victory due to the circumstances, and the bottle the players showed tonight has given me great confidence for the rest of the season.

Felt Diaby was excellent in the first 50-60mins before fadding away. The amount of natural talent this kid has is amazing. I said a few weeks ago that I felt Diaby had the highest ceiling out of our youngsters, and tonight reconfirmed this for me.

phenn

Didn't catch the first half but got the rest...

jesus christ what a game!

Denilson deserved his red, he didn't catch the guy too badly but it was two footed studs up... don't think it was malicious though I don't think he was ever going to get much of the player at all.

Diarra absolutely carried the midfield, my god what a game he had.

And Song... ****ING SONG!!! Train this boy to be a central defender for ****'s sake, watch what will happen. Amazing performance and the pass for overtime was great, there was another move where he skipped by some guys etc... the guy's just a freak. An absolute freak. We could turn that boy into a Lucio type player at least, as a defender I honestly believe the sky is the limit for him, I really do (not just on today's perforamance) he's got work to do but he offers a whole hell of a lot.

Eduardo scored two "thank you very much" goals. Made nothing like a mistake with either, great finishes. Other than that he worked his balls off.

Bendtner is a proper player, he'll make it and soon, maybe even for us.

Hoyte had a great game, made some crucial plays.

When Merida came on he looked scary as well.

I don't know what to do I'm beside myself I'm so happy, anybody doubting our kids on that performance can go **** themselves right now, right bunch of jealous ****s the lot. I'll say it once and I'll say it a million times, if you beat a kid when he's young eventually he's going to grow up and he's going to be a nasty ****er, well for the last few years we've taken a beating but we've had about enough of that and it's permeated all the way down to our youngest kids and I for one am all for it. I'm not here to support the pretty boys the country (world?) loves. We play free-flowing stuff and when we're not doing that we're not to be ****ed with because we can get nasty and that's just brilliant.

god i'm pumped.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom