• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

giuliob

The Carling Cup may not have the pedigree of other titles, but, I tell ya, If they do win it, it will rank right up there, regardless of the CCs lesser reputation..........What heart......Every single one of them.........

qs

Established Member
mags said:
The Carling Cup may not have the pedigree of other titles, but, I tell ya, If they do win it, it will rank right up there, regardless of the CCs lesser reputation..........What heart......Every single one of them.........

It'd mean ahell of alot more if we won it than any other team because of the side we play in it.

sparky44

10 mean! we've only got 10 men, we've only got 10 men...

Awesome, awesome just ****ing awesome. Literally a faultless performance overall by the team there were times were I thought defeat was inevitable but that makes it even more remarkable that they managed to come through that period and still tkae the game with only 10 men. ****ing have some of that ''sparky'' Honestly how good was song, diarra, edaurdo, bendtner, diaby & denilson tonight? It doesnt end there randall was great in his debut and j hoyte put in a solid performance in right back. Over the moon!

Lets all sing for song!
Lets all sing for song!
Cause he a ****ing legend...
Lets all sing for song!

giuliob

qs said:
mags said:

It'd mean ahell of alot more if we won it than any other team because of the side we play in it.
That's what I mean...These kids showed so much character, composure, etc.....What a great win for them...

arsmile

Established Member
What I said at half time:

My midpoint musings

1) generally pretty positive
2) good couple of goals
3) fabianski isn’t half as ready as some of you guys tink- his dealing with crosses is poor, and his rushing out is inconsistent, and distribution unintelligent- having said that, he’s made some good saves
4) there goal was most certainly offside
5) there goal also (not for the first time) questioned traores defensive capabilities
6) although diarra has played well- but still retains possession too much, and still plays horrendous hospital balls that could land us in trouble
7) diaby is similar to diarra, but that’s much more excusable on the wing
8) bendtner’s has been fantastic
9) Eduardo scored a great goal

What I said after 90 mins:

My 90th minue musings

1) we just couldn’t defend set pieces
2) although fabianski has done a lot of good- that above fact is largely his fault
3) he also made a fundamental rookie error for their goal- he dived under the ball even though it was straight above him- cant put all, or even most the blame on him because we shouldn’t have let them get the header but a more experienced keeper (say a spaniad or a german) may well have got a hand to it
4) senderos is just a mistake factory
5) despite some errors that make you think ‘you aint a centre back are you’- song has been superb- he and fabianski stopped a certain send-error-os goal
6) we went straight to 451- dunno how I feel about that- I suppose it was sensible but we haven’t been as dangerous
7) denilson was immature to get sent off

After 120 minutes:

my heart isn’t strong enough for me to support arsenal

fabianski-7-decent performance, shaky on crosses, strange distribution, great shot stopping on the whole, but, as I have mentioned, for their second goal it was a bonafide rookie keeper error by diving backwards under the ball- maybe it was past him before he could react though- saved send-error-os’ on a couple of occasions

hoyte-7.5- generally defended well- match-saving block at the end

song-8.5- although he dosent always look like he knows exactly what he’s doing, somehow he kept everything out- and saved the more experienced senderos on a number of occasions- he also played as an auxilery striker- fabulous pass through to Eduardo- looks genuinely brilliant there

senderos-6.5- generally ok, and I thought he did a good job as captain- but made one dreadful error and took heroics from fabianski and song to save him, of he’s got a speedy partner at CB (like song appeared to be- surprised me!) then his ariel ability makes him a viable inclusion- you’ve gotta attribute 2 or 3 mistakes per game that are gonna need someone else to bail him out

traore-7- a fair bit responsible for the first goal, but it was offside- apart from that, defensivly he was ok, offensively he was good

randal-5.5- was ok- nothing more nothing less- played a part in the first goal, but was not strong, quick or determined enough to play a real part in the game

denilson-6- would have got a lot more had he not got himself, probably rightly, sent off- good passing, lost his head and nearly lost it for us

diarra-8- I give that begrudgingly because I’m not his biggest fan, he will win me round with a few more performances like this though- I stand by my point that he does take too many risks with regards to dribbling- and looses it in that way too much- also plays dangerous passes along the defense that could easily give us a goal- therefore I’m going against my head in giving him such a high rating, but 99% of it came off for him today- and made some really nice interchanges with his buddy diaby

diaby-8- has many of the similar attributes as diarra, but when we stick him out on the wing, that doesn’t matter at all- he’s ‘allowed’. Great, if a bit of a flukey goal- generally a threat- I think he could be puching rosicky

Eduardo-8- great in the 442 with bendtner, reminds me of owen in the way he isn’t massively involved in the build up play- got two goals- that’s his job…was less effective on the left wing- but still did a good job there- and he hasn’t always- looked absolutely knackered at the end and a liability defensivly,

Bendtner-8- led the line well, unlucky to hit the post, important in defensive set pieces, all round good performance- I think he got the cross for the first goal as well- to be honest it was so long ago I cant remember. And his post- match quote when asked if he cares who we gt in the next round “We know what we’re gonna do and we’re gonna do it in the next game as well”- what delightful arrogance!!!

Bazarite-7- thought he was much more effective than randall at RM, defensivly and offensively- and he’s quite a size for 17- he’ll be a mountain in a couple of years

Medira-7- defended responsibly, made some good passes nearly scored after a Blackburn mix-up- I thought he did better than randall at RM as well- just because he appeared capable defensivly when we were under pressure

Gibbs-6- didn’t really get enough time to warrant a rating but did well when he came on

Bloody hell that was stressful- the Blackburn first team 11 couldn’t beat 10 of our reserves- the future’s bright- the futures red and white!!!!!!!

sabret00the

Established Member
Silly tackle by Denilson but an encouraging performance. I think ultimately the only thing holding that boy back is experience.

What a game by Song though.

IBL

Established Member
wow...just wow!

What a performance all round, we showed all aspects of our game today but came through with a much deserved win. Fantastic opening 15 mins and well worked goals. Showed a little bit of inexperience with some slack defending but great resolve to go and get the winning goal despite going a man down...brought back memories of Arsenal of old :D

Song was immense, Diarra must stay, Diaby and Denilson were also very good. Edu is the most lethal finisher we've had since Wrighty! just great all round

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Dragon181 said:
nidza7 said:
Illusion said:
DC Gunner said:
was denilson's a straight red !?

Second yellow as far as I am aware.

I saw straight red.

Same here. Straight red.

Straight red, silly challenge BUT as Arsène said, the tackle was more of an impulse than intent
Denilson will learn from this but its not nice when arsenal play dirty now is it premiership teams

Were the originators of marrying beauty and grit

Tell you what, diarra could of got a second yellow for a shocking challenge on warnock right atthe death

spartan239

sparky44 said:
10 mean! we've only got 10 men, we've only got 10 men...

Awesome, awesome just f****g awesome. Literally a faultless performance overall by the team there were times were I thought defeat was inevitable but that makes it even more remarkable that they managed to come through that period and still tkae the game with only 10 men. f****g have some of that ''sparky'' Honestly how good was song, diarra, edaurdo, bendtner, diaby & denilson tonight? It doesnt end there randall was great in his debut and j hoyte put in a solid performance in right back. Over the moon!

Lets all sing for song!
Lets all sing for song!
Cause he a f****g legend...
Lets all sing for song!

That block at the end wow...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
arsmile said:
What I said at half time:

My midpoint musings

1) generally pretty positive
2) good couple of goals
3) fabianski isn’t half as ready as some of you guys tink- his dealing with crosses is poor, and his rushing out is inconsistent, and distribution unintelligent- having said that, he’s made some good saves
4) there goal was most certainly offside
5) there goal also (not for the first time) questioned traores defensive capabilities
6) although diarra has played well- but still retains possession too much, and still plays horrendous hospital balls that could land us in trouble
7) diaby is similar to diarra, but that’s much more excusable on the wing
8) bendtner’s has been fantastic
9) Eduardo scored a great goal

What I said after 90 mins:

My 90th minue musings

1) we just couldn’t defend set pieces
2) although fabianski has done a lot of good- that above fact is largely his fault
3) he also made a fundamental rookie error for their goal- he dived under the ball even though it was straight above him- cant put all, or even most the blame on him because we shouldn’t have let them get the header but a more experienced keeper (say a spaniad or a german) may well have got a hand to it
4) senderos is just a mistake factory
5) despite some errors that make you think ‘you aint a centre back are you’- song has been superb- he and fabianski stopped a certain send-error-os goal
6) we went straight to 451- dunno how I feel about that- I suppose it was sensible but we haven’t been as dangerous
7) denilson was immature to get sent off

After 120 minutes:

my heart isn’t strong enough for me to support arsenal

fabianski-7-decent performance, shaky on crosses, strange distribution, great shot stopping on the whole, but, as I have mentioned, for their second goal it was a bonafide rookie keeper error by diving backwards under the ball- maybe it was past him before he could react though- saved send-error-os’ on a couple of occasions

hoyte-7.5- generally defended well- match-saving block at the end

song-8.5- although he dosent always look like he knows exactly what he’s doing, somehow he kept everything out- and saved the more experienced senderos on a number of occasions- he also played as an auxilery striker- fabulous pass through to Eduardo- looks genuinely brilliant there

senderos-6.5- generally ok, and I thought he did a good job as captain- but made one dreadful error and took heroics from fabianski and song to save him, of he’s got a speedy partner at CB (like song appeared to be- surprised me!) then his ariel ability makes him a viable inclusion- you’ve gotta attribute 2 or 3 mistakes per game that are gonna need someone else to bail him out

traore-7- a fair bit responsible for the first goal, but it was offside- apart from that, defensivly he was ok, offensively he was good

randal-5.5- was ok- nothing more nothing less- played a part in the first goal, but was not strong, quick or determined enough to play a real part in the game

denilson-6- would have got a lot more had he not got himself, probably rightly, sent off- good passing, lost his head and nearly lost it for us

diarra-8- I give that begrudgingly because I’m not his biggest fan, he will win me round with a few more performances like this though- I stand by my point that he does take too many risks with regards to dribbling- and looses it in that way too much- also plays dangerous passes along the defense that could easily give us a goal- therefore I’m going against my head in giving him such a high rating, but 99% of it came off for him today- and made some really nice interchanges with his buddy diaby

diaby-8- has many of the similar attributes as diarra, but when we stick him out on the wing, that doesn’t matter at all- he’s ‘allowed’. Great, if a bit of a flukey goal- generally a threat- I think he could be puching rosicky

Eduardo-8- great in the 442 with bendtner, reminds me of owen in the way he isn’t massively involved in the build up play- got two goals- that’s his job…was less effective on the left wing- but still did a good job there- and he hasn’t always- looked absolutely knackered at the end and a liability defensivly,

Bendtner-8- led the line well, unlucky to hit the post, important in defensive set pieces, all round good performance- I think he got the cross for the first goal as well- to be honest it was so long ago I cant remember. And his post- match quote when asked if he cares who we gt in the next round “We know what we’re gonna do and we’re gonna do it in the next game as well”- what delightful arrogance!!!

Bazarite-7- thought he was much more effective than randall at RM, defensivly and offensively- and he’s quite a size for 17- he’ll be a mountain in a couple of years

Medira-7- defended responsibly, made some good passes nearly scored after a Blackburn mix-up- I thought he did better than randall at RM as well- just because he appeared capable defensivly when we were under pressure

Gibbs-6- didn’t really get enough time to warrant a rating but did well when he came on

Bloody hell that was stressful- the Blackburn first team 11 couldn’t beat 10 of our reserves- the future’s bright- the futures red and white!!!!!!!

:worthy

KingReyes

Established Member
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a ****ing result! Take that Hughes you ****ing mug.

We were brilliant in the first half, some of the football we played was outstanding. Nonetheless when we conceded right before half time you knew it was going to be a battle in the second half.

We were sloppy in those first 10-15 minutes of the second half but I felt we got back in it when they brought it back to 2-2.

The spirit we showed to hang in there especially with 10 men was brilliant. We thoroughly deserved our win.

The defense was top notch. Phil and Song were ****ing solid as ****. Song was out of this world, his best performance for us. Hoyte was also solid, I'm so happy for him.

The midfield showed some good touches especially in the first half. Diaby is class on the ball. For a guy his size, his close control and technique is amazing. Denilson gave the ball away a bit too much for my liking in the second and I'm sure he'll be disappointed in that tackle that got him sent off. Diarra also solid in midfield but sloppy at times.

Bendtner was class yet again. He really is taking his chances when they come his way. I'm sure Arsène has noticed. Eduardo's finishing shows what Arsène bought him for. Once this fella settles down and adapts he's going to be a big asset for us.

True Gooner

Established Member
I will be seriously annoyed if people find fault with players and their performances today :lol:

Guts, skill, determination and belief..they showed it all today, yes they werent perfect but thats only down to inexperience with other club could/would feild a side with an average age of 20 against Blackburn and win!
If anyone still sees fault in players then your just acting like a spoilt brat..this was a performance to be proud of.
:worthy

A Classic Match. :D

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom