• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bolton Wanderers vs. Arsenal - Saturday - March 29 - 3 p.m

thegame24

Established Member
The best thing that could have happened to us would have been to continue our bad run and get knocked out of the CL because this might have lead to some real changes.

wtf?

thegame24

Established Member
The best thing that could have happened to us would have been to continue our bad run and get knocked out of the CL because this might have lead to some real changes.

wtf?

thegame24

Established Member

wtf?

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I think what Endris means is that if we had lost, perhaps the club could re-evaluate its position. Therefore the outcome from the loss is that the club would be able to resolve it's problems. The crisis itself would force the club to think about how to solve its predicament and hence lead to good times in the future.

In theory.

There has been research to show that depression can in fact be healthy. Please don't ask me to cite any sources, just trust me on this one. Periods of depression can be healthy has they allow a person to re-evaluate one's situation and hence reslove the issues that are outstanding.

Through bad times, come good times.

I certainly did not want us to lose today but as someone who is English, I can definitely say I saw the positive side of not qualifying for Euro 2008. I had been saying for a while that we needed a kick up the arse to re-evaluate our failings. In effect this is what I believe Endris is talking about. He/she believes there are problems within the club that have not been addressed and that only a good kick up the arse (like this loss to Bolton) would make the club realise that they needed to seek a new path.

Captain

Established Member
I can assure you all that Wenger is aware of our squads limitations and they will be addressed for the simple reason that we did try to sign two wingers last summer but the deals failed for a couple of reasons.

Our summer movement would have been: Sagna, Diarra, Winger A, Winger B and Eduardo which by anyones standards would have been a sweet bit of business; although I am not sure we would have signed both wingers, I think it was a choice of one or the other.

Now, what you have to remember is that we don't just sign any player; once targets are identified they are followed for a good amount of time and deals are struck at the right time, for the right fee.

The nature of our scouting means that sometimes we don't have a second option if we don't get what we want, but that in itself can also be a bonus as it means that we almost always sign players of the quality needed (not including starlets as that is more difficult).

The youths that will be graduating into the senior squad next season are also a cut above what we have been producing down the years. Merida especially is just about the best youngster I have ever seen.

There is always unseen work going on at the club in relation to new recruits and it is difficult for fans to accept that when our neighbours are making open bids of £20M+ and it appears that we are doing nothing.

We had a closed doors friendly with the Ivory Coast a few months back for instance that didn't go as well as planned because the quality wasn't there but that's just an example of things that you don't hear about.

In all seriousness, I think the future (both long and short term) is very good but we'll see.

Endris

Don Pacifico said:
I think what Endris means is that if we had lost, perhaps the club could re-evaluate its position. Therefore the outcome from the loss is that the club would be able to resolve it's problems. The crisis itself would force the club to think about how to solve its predicament and hence lead to good times in the future.

In theory.

There has been research to show that depression can in fact be healthy. Please don't ask me to cite any sources, just trust me on this one. Periods of depression can be healthy has they allow a person to re-evaluate one's situation and hence reslove the issues that are outstanding.

I certainly did not want us to lose today but as someone who is English, I can definitely say I saw the positive side of not qualifying for Euro 2008. I had been saying for a while that we needed a kick up the arse to re-evaluate our failings. In effect this is what I believe Endris is talking about. He/she believes there are problems within the club that have not been addressed and that only a good kick up the arse (like this loss to Bolton) would make the club realise that they needed to seek a new path.

Thank you!

Endris

AnthonyG said:
Endris said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
I think most people here can understand where Endris is coming from, but to wish for the team to lose? That is no way a fan should think. EVER!
I don't think they do because otherwise they would understand what I mean. And I did not even say I wanted Arsenal to lose. :lol:
Endris said:
Endris said:
If it helps us in the bigger picture it is not disgraceful to hope we will lose or draw.
Don't mince words mate; doesn't help your argument.

At the point where people started to accuse me of having said I wanted us to lose today I had not said it. :lol:

But I mean it that way, definitely.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
awooga83 said:
Captain said:
There's no 'point' to understand.

QFT thats what I don't get all the yes I see where he is coming from, really I don't because otherwise I wouldn't support Arsenal I never want us to lose so there can be no common ground.

But this is a different mindset.

You want us to win every game. This is, as logic (and history) would suggest an 'irrational' desire for teams do not win every game. Please believe me when I say I am not trying to criticise this point of view for I also want us to win every game. But I understand where Endris is coming from.

Endris on the other hand takes the point of view that a team will win and lose. He can accept a loss if it leads to a win in the future. Therefore if our point of view is more in the short-run, then his is more in the long-run.

Whereas also you are in agreement with the management at our club, Endris clearly is not, which is more likely to influence his opinion on this matter.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Don Pacifico said:

In theory.

Yes I gathered that as well, however to actually want the team to lose is just wrong imo as do many other fans on this forum. If we don't win anything this season that in itself should make the club address the problems at hand.

For now we can only aim to win all our games and hope our rivals faulter. We still have a chance in this race, we just have to aim to win all our games, not easy, but not impossible.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Don Pacifico said:

In theory.

Yes I gathered that as well, however to actually want the team to lose is just wrong imo as do many other fans on this forum. If we don't win anything this season that in itself should make the club address the problems at hand.

For now we can only aim to win all our games and hope our rivals faulter. We still have a chance in this race, we just have to aim to win all our games, not easy, but not impossible.

OK, but Endris is considering two scenarios.

1. We win today but still lose the league. Because the club did not lose against Bolton (become aware of the 'management crisis'), no changes are made and subsequently we continue to be incapable of winning the league.

2. We lose today and effectively end our title challenge. Because of this, the club re-evaluates it's position, makes managerial decisions enabling it to win league titles in the future.

With this in mind, Endris is going to swing for option 2 as it leads to silverware.

I guess it is an argument for the 'greater good' and an argument for the long-term future of the club.

nazo

Established Member
Just so everyone knows, when the white screen comes up after you post, don't refresh the page. It only makes multiple posts, so just exit the page and come back.

Arsenal_FAN1983

Don Pacifico said:
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
Don Pacifico said:

In theory.

OK, but Endris is considering two scenarios.

1. We win today but still lose the league. Because the club did not lose against Bolton (become aware of the 'management crisis'), no changes are made and subsequently we continue to be incapable of winning the league.

2. We lose today and effectively end our title challenge. Because of this, the club re-evaluates it's position, makes managerial decisions enabling it to win league titles in the future.

With this in mind, Endris is going to swing for option 2 as it leads to silverware.

I guess it is an argument for the 'greater good' and an argument for the long-term future of the club.

Those theories won't work, if you remember when we won titles, one year won it, the next we lost it. If that theory would have worked, we wouldn't be finding ourselves right now with only three titles, we would have more.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom