• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bolton Wanderers vs. Arsenal - Saturday - March 29 - 3 p.m

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Usually nearby objects and people are severely damaged when I'm watching an Arsenal game, but for some reason when we went down 2-0 I was just numb, shaking my head in disbelief. But you can only truly appreciate a win like Bolton if you sit through the excruciating shower first. I always watch the full 90 minutes, no matter how painful.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Anzac said:
I almost feel like I'm jinxing the team by watching them............I've tried to see most of the past month or so to try and support the boys during their time of need - and we draw. Made a change last night & didn't try to watch the game & we get 3 points!!!!!

You are officially banned from watching live Arsenal games from now on.

Punishment for violating the restriction is wearing a Sp**s shirt for the rest of your life.

:wink:

Gunner4life09

Quick question ... Did Eboue play last night? I watched the whole match and unless it was when I went to take a piss and missed him coming then I swear he didn't play last night ...

But if you go on eurosport.com the picture of us celebrating our winner has Eboue celebrating with the labs and he's wearing the kit, not with a bib or anything. Strange ....

Anzac

Established Member
bojed said:
Anzac said:
I almost feel like I'm jinxing the team by watching them............I've tried to see most of the past month or so to try and support the boys during their time of need - and we draw. Made a change last night & didn't try to watch the game & we get 3 points!!!!!

You are officially banned from watching live Arsenal games from now on.

Punishment for violating the restriction is wearing a Sp**s shirt for the rest of your life.

:wink:

it would be funny if it weren't so true - I watched the early season games v Sp**s, ManC, WHU & Derby so it's not a total loss, but as soon as we've gone to daylight savings here I can't recall watching a victory!!!!!!!

The good news is daylight savings ends next weekend - but not sure if it before or after our match, but definately over before we go to OT............

:)

Dez

Biggus said:
AnthonyG said:
To recap: we won 3-2 after being down 2-0 with only 10 men.

We've only got 10 men-
We've only got 10 men-
We've only got
We've only got 10 men-

Tell the truth how many of you turned it off at half time, and kicked the cat or whatever got in your way. :lol:

I didnt watch the game live because it was on at 2am so watched it this afternoon at 2pm, needed to do 2 assesments so just cracked the ****s at half time and looked up the score before settling in to watch the second half. But in all honesty i would have been on here blowing up.

marco

talk about the highs and lows of football!!!

yesterday morning hungover on the way up there all thinking what the **** are we doing!!
at half time thinking exactly the same thing then the 5-10 period when bolton could have gone 3 or 4 up.......

but then what a performance...
walcott coming on the definite turning point,..great display shame he didnt go down for the penalty though!

down to 10 men 2-0 down on a ground we havent won at in 6 years in the league... and we come back its championship winning stuff...
just a shame that it probably wont count for anything come may but that shouldnt distract from a great resut and good day out...

and it makes them pay for 03!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Biggus said:
AnthonyG said:
To recap: we won 3-2 after being down 2-0 with only 10 men.

We've only got 10 men-
We've only got 10 men-
We've only got
We've only got 10 men-

Tell the truth how many of you turned it off at half time, and kicked the cat or whatever got in your way. :lol:
i was already blaming myself halfway, "am i a jinx? should i stop watching arsenal, off the tv and maybe tommorow when i wake up i could see a magnificent comeback?" i was all down and out, but i wasn't angry or kicking anything since for the past few weeks it has all been bad for us and i got used to it. i didn't miss any mins of the 4-0 and 5-1 thrashing either, just couldn't quite bear to watch actually.

phew, thankfully i didnt gave up and continue watching. and witness that magnificent comeback. now, 3X liverpool again!

and i agree with captain. today was actually our best attacking moves in weeks, not months though.

Zico

Established Member
1. I came in between Diaby's mishap and the second goal. I was cursing but watched anyway. I'm really proud of the boys. They showed a lot of heart. Wenger also has to be commended for going with a risky formation and making changes at the right time (for once) when were in a losing position.

2. Today we should all be Everton fans. If Liverpool wins the derby, then I am certain that Benitez will send out a reserve squad in our league game with them. He'll focus on the Champs League.

3. United are probably the best team in western Europe right now. They were playing football that would've made our 49ers proud. They're pretty but effective. I would like to think that both Arsenal and Chelsea can beat them in coming weeks, but i have little confidence that United will slip up. Christiano is also getting to Ronaldinho 04 and Kaka 07 levels.

Zico

Established Member
As for Endris' point about wishing we had lost, I sympathize. In the past month, there are times when I have felt like we are in that no-man's land where we're not good enough to win the title but also not bad enough to fall into the rest of the pack.

It's a dangerous position, because you never know how the manager will read it. Our experience is that Wenger is fascinated with building skill and character in young players and might be tempted to stick with what he has and work organically towards a title. As fans, we're sick of losing, and are growing impatient for a trophy, so we would welcome the arrival of a few big names.

Neither method guarantees success. I would like to see some big name players come in, but would Wenger be able to integrate them effectively? How many big names have we brough in other than DB10?

Pádraig

quincy42 said:
Christiano is also getting to Ronaldinho 04 and Kaka 07 levels.

True and he's miles ahead of them goalscoring wise and could be a better player then either of them if he performs well against the bigger teams.

Zico

Established Member
Pádraig said:
quincy42 said:

True and he's miles ahead of them goalscoring wise and could be a better player then either of them if he performs well against the bigger teams.

I've been watching Roma blow hot and cold for the past few weeks. If they're not careful, Christiano could use them for his coming out party.

Pádraig

quincy42 said:
Pádraig said:
quincy42 said:

I've been watching Roma blow hot and cold for the past few weeks. If they're not careful, Christiano could use them for his coming out party.

Yeah, I heard they haven't been doing to well recently in the league (despite being second). The loss of Totti will no doubt be a big blow to them as well.

Zico

Established Member
Back to yesterday, did anybody mention Clichy's second brain fart in as many months?

What was he doing waiting for the Bolton attacker to close him down at the corner flag in the closing minutes of the game? Goodness, the kid needs a long rest or he should get therapy to help him focus.

Asterix

Established Member
I saw that and was a little bit concerned. He's done that a few times now. It's definitely something to work on.

Captain

Established Member
It happens on occasion to players who play with their heads up; Cesc and Hleb for instance get caught like that numerous times in a game but obviously they aren't near our goal at the time.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
quincy42 said:
Back to yesterday, did anybody mention Clichy's second brain fart in as many months?

What was he doing waiting for the Bolton attacker to close him down at the corner flag in the closing minutes of the game? Goodness, the kid needs a long rest or he should get therapy to help him focus.

Well, that pass to Flams who was surrounded by 3 Bolton players which eventually led them to Taylor's second goal is a good shout too.

His willingness to play cute around our box when opposition players are swarming our half is really itching it up my neck.

Zico

Established Member
bojed said:
quincy42 said:

Well, that pass to Flams who was surrounded by 3 Bolton players which eventually led them to Taylor's second goal is a good shout too.

His willingness to play cute around our box when opposition players are swarming our half is really itching it up my neck.

Agreed. He's good, but he's still far from the finished article. He just does not know how to release the ball in dangerous areas. I've noted this all season. Contrast this with Sagna who knows when to run with or hoof the ball. Our central defenders have also been guilty of trying to dribble their way out of a mob in the penalty box. Stupid!! %#$@&!!

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom