• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal Player Ratings

dreamLord

Established Member
Szczesny - 8
Sagna - 6.5
Mertesacker - 5.5
Koscielny - 9 [MOTM]
Gibbs - 6

Arteta - 6.5
Song - 6(first half) 7.5(second half)
Benayoun - 7 [worked his ass off. We needed his off the ball running today.]

Walcott - 5 [Clueless. Ran either straight into a player, or passed back to Sagna. +2 for the Assist.]
van Persie - 8 [Isolated. Did the best he could do. +2 for the goal.]
Gervinho - 6.5 [Mixed reactions. Good running, but poor decision making. Constantly ran into blind alleys].

arsmile

Established Member
Snez-8-good and dominant

Sag-8.5-won all his battles

Mert-6

Kos-9-was doing everything- won far more headers than per

Gibbs-7

Song-8.5- was really good, especially in the second- but did

Youssi-6.5- good energy and workrate,

Arteta-6.5- good composure and work, but tired later on I think

Gervinio-6- looked dangeruous, twice unlucky, but a lot of theo-runs

Walcott-6-one fantastic assist, otherwise didn’t touch the ball and I think we really suffered for wortkign with just the 9 outfield players in a match that was as hard work as this

Robin-7- great finish, I will never understand subbing him for chamakh in these such occasions

Overall, as a team, I think we defended maginificently- sagna and song were brilliant- kos I think had an outstanding match. I also think our refusal to panic must have been contributed to by the new experience in midfield- even though they were not defensive players, and did not play outstandingly as individuals- you at least felt as if arteta and youssi knew what they were doing, and whenever we did lose the ball we just regrouped and started again-

Theo is a quandary- we wouldn’t have scored without him on the pitch today but he was detrimental to our play in just about every other respect

Disappointed to have conceded so late- but there isn’t much you can plan for with goals like that.

We started very poorly off the ball and were being sliced open every which way- but the second half was as good of a defensive performance as I have seen from us in the last few years.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Szczesny - 7
Sagna - 7
Mertesacker - 6
Koscielny - 8
Gibbs - 6

Arteta - 6
Song - 7
Benayoun - 6.5

Walcott - 6
Van Persie - 7
Gervinho - 6

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Sneezy 8.5

Sagna 8
Kos 8.5
Merte 6
Gibbs 6

Arteta 6
Song 8.5
Benayoun 7 (work-rate)

Theo 6 (+1 for the assist)
Robin 7 (+1 for the goal)
Gerv 6

Segway

Szszesny 7.5

Sagna 7.5
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8.5
Gibbs 6.5

Song 7.5
Arteta 4.5
Benayoun 5

Gervinho 4
Walcott 5.5
RvP 7

giuliob

Well, defense did something right, only allowing a wonder goal from a very talented and hardworking team.

Szczesny - 7

Sagna - 6.5
Mertesacker - 6
Koscielny - 8
Gibbs - 6

Arteta - 6
Song - 8 Monster Song
Benayoun - 6

Walcott - 5
van Persie - 6.5
Gervinho - 6

dreamLord

Established Member
Walcott was easily our worst player. Don't see the point of him anymore. The whole 'use Theo to counter' argument doesn't even work, because he doesn't have the brain.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Szczesny 7

Sagna 7
Mertesacker 6
Koscielny 9 Brilliant second half
Gibbs 6

Song 8 Excellent
Benayoun 7 He impressed me. Not a particularly pretty player but he's a worker and put in an industrious shift tonight.
Arteta 6

Gervinho 6 A few too many cul de sac runs for me but lively nonetheless
Walcott 6 Set up the goal but not much else
RVP 7

Subs

Pingpong 6
Santos 6
Chamakh 0 Pointless.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Chesney 7

Sagna 7
Per 6
Kosh 8
Gibbs 7

Song 7
Arteta 6
Yossi 6

Walcott 6 +1 for the assist
Rvp 7 +1 For the goal
Gervinho 6.5 God damn gervinho dont miss easy chances like that agian

mistaT

Established Member
Are you lot for real with your 6's and 7's for Benayoun :shock:

I thought he was terrible, absolutely horrid at times and I don't think anyone on the team contributed less through the game. Aside from his one pass to RVP in the first he didn't do a thing right.

The Chez - 8 - Did all he could, love his confidence.

Sagna - 7 - Standard Sagna, strong defending rather absent going forward
Merteseacker - 5 - Immobile, poor passer of the ball and not that great in the air.
Koscielny - 8 - Great second half made up for a mixed first, real sharp and aggressive
Gibbs - 6 - Liability defensively and he didn't do anything positive going forward.

Song - 8 MOTM - Outstanding second half, rock of the team and some vital blocks
Arteta - 6 - Never really got going, tidy on the ball though
Benayoun - 2 - No joke here, thought he was rubbish and not sure how people praised his work rate. Jogged back every time.

Gervinho - 6 - Got in dangerous positions, but did little once there.
RVP - 7 - Good goal, but isolated otherwise
Walcott - 4 - Without the assist he'd have got a 2.

Frimpong - 7 - Great sub who really helped us when he came on.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szzesny MOTM for me.

Koscielny had a good second half, sloppy first when he continually went upfield and lost possession. That late block was great though. Mertesacker did some good things but looks very clumsy in possession, his passes aren't crisp and lack the required weight at times. Sagna did OK, helped by that Grosskreutz lad who was awful for them.

Thought Song and Arteta had decent spells, especially second half. Frimpong was pretty effective when he came on too I thought.

Gervinho was poor, as was Theo bar the assist, Gibbs too.

Szczesny.............8

Sagna.........6
Koscielny........7.5
Mertesacker.........6
Gibbs...........5

Song.........7
Arteta........6.5
Yossi.........6

Theo...........5
RVP............6
Gervinho........5

stuart

Established Member
Szczsney -8- Love him. The block were he came flying out deserves alot of credit.

Sagna -7- Solid i thought. Didn't get much help. Wasteful at times.
Per -6- Poor at the start (when they all were) but grew into it and did ok. Need to see more.
Koschelny -8- Brilliant. Very dominant.
Gibbs -5- His positional play is terrible.

Arteta -5- Sorry, thought he was anonymous
Benayoun -6- Anonymous for much but grew into it. Lots of effort. Good option.
Song -8- Excellent.

Walcott -6- A 6 only because of his assist. Literally did nothing else.
Gervinho -5.5- Pretty much same as Walcott bar a few early runs.
RVP -7- Superb finish. Feel sorry for him so isolated up top.

The forwards, i suppose, can be somewhat excused given the lack of service tonight.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
fabo said:
Koscielny had a good second half, sloppy first when he continually went upfield and lost possession.
Besides giving him the lowest mark here, you're losing any semblance of impartiality when it comes to him. You'll have to admit you were dead-wrong at some stage, so you might as well start now-ish.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 5/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 6/10
Gibbs 4/10

Song 5.5/10
Arteta 5/10
Benayoun 5/10

Gervinho 5/10
Walcott 5/10
van Persie 6/10

jay-d

Established Member
I agree with fabo. kos invited so much pressure by losing the ball initially. i thought benny ran around a lot but was very poor on the ball. Song was immense after a sloppy first 10 mins but was man of the match by far. all in all a good result and a good platform

Beeney

outlaw_member said:
Szczesny 7/10

Sagna 5/10
Mertesacker 5/10
Koscielny 6/10
Gibbs 3/10

Song 5.5/10
Arteta 5/10
Benayoun 5/10

Gervinho 5/10
Walcott 5/10
van Persie 6/10

Gibbs 3? No way was he anywhere near the worst player in an Arsenal shirt tonight. Thought Mertesacker got caught out of position a lot first half and Song and Koscielny relentlessy got caught in possession first half but all 3 of them were excellent second half.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
AnthonyG said:
fabo said:
Koscielny had a good second half, sloppy first when he continually went upfield and lost possession.
Besides giving him the lowest mark here, you're losing any semblance of impartiality when it comes to him. You'll have to admit you were dead-wrong at some stage, so you might as well start now-ish.

:lol:

It's spot on to be honest. Can't admit to being wrong, so just keeps attempting to swing his way out of it. Your reputation is taking a battering Fabo.

Bossa

Established Member
Clearly Mertesacker and Arteta still needs to adapt. Arteta is playing it really really save now that he's here. At Everton he was more commanding on the ball. Wenger really should have signed them a few weeks earlier to make them adapt.

Benayoun fits well into our system. He's a hard worker and very experienced at top level.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom