• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borussia Dortmund vs Arsenal Player Ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
I thought that we dropped noticeably deeper second half, more bodies back, easier to defend in theory anyway.

It is absolutely right in theory. I've constantly stated that we could defend better, if that is what we wanted to do. Defending well is about having bodies behind the ball, and keeping a good shape. This is easy if that is what you want to do, but obviously we were an attacking team which couldn't possibly play this way. This is why all the arguments about a lack of organisation at the back were so misguided. How could you possibly be organised at the back and have men behind the ball, if 9 players are camped in the opponents half trying to find a way through? It baffled me for instance when people were shocked at our defensive performances against Barcelona. We had 8 men behind the ball, and if relegation fodder can remain resolute with numbers back, a club like us will sure as hell be strong with men behind the ball.

AFCG7

Established Member
I would have put Arshavin on instead of Chamakh ( really he is a waste nowadays ), Frimpong on for Walcott was definitely the right move.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom