• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 51 37.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 70 50.7%
  • No no at all

Votes: 17 12.3%

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is for us what Mane was for Liverpool, gives you all the work, and some goals/assists but doesn't have that bit of magic that we see in elite wingers.

I'll take what he offers, but we could do with our own version of Salah on the other wing.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He is for us what Mane was for Liverpool, gives you all the work, and some goals/assists but doesn't have that bit of magic that we see in elite wingers.

I'll take what he offers, but we could do with our own version of Salah on the other wing.
Mane came runner up for Ballon d'Or, won pl golden boot....apparently you get to do that with some goals/assists. Mane was a legit world class player & arguably better than Salah in his prime

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Mane came runner up for Ballon d'Or, won pl golden boot....apparently you get to do that with some goals/assists. Mane was a legit world class player & arguably better than Salah in his prime
Yeah, I don't see Saka that far away from that, his numbers are amazing already and he is only 21.

All I'm saying is it would be amazing if we could get someone more skilled on the other wing, and you see it in games like Porto when it's hard to break a stubborn defense. We went through with a moment of class from Trossard/Ode, imagine if we could have a player who would do that more often (not ****ting on Trossard at all but you know...)

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Amid all the CBS tomfoolery beautiful to hear that Henry is often on the phone to Saka, advising, criticising and mentoring him.

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s obviously a top player but this stage is where you earn the world class label imo. The WC players of current and old that you guys compare him to wouldn’t have been rendered as ineffective over not one but two games.

If you want to call him world class then more power to you, it’s definitely arguable, but it’s also arguable that he isn’t there just yet and people shouldn’t be shamed for having that opinion.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
It's frustrating considering he played in major competition like euros and world cup but he struggles in European big games.

That Wendell performance even made me think we should try buy him guy had Saka in his pocket for 120 min ffs nobody does that
He has been on of the better performers in the UCL this season. Although he definitely was handled by Porto in both legs. This was a very tricky game, but builds character. Just glad the team came out with the win and will have a lot of weeks to rest up.

Geofranco

He’s obviously a top player but this stage is where you earn the world class label imo. The WC players of current and old that you guys compare him to wouldn’t have been rendered as ineffective over not one but two games.

If you want to call him world class then more power to you, it’s definitely arguable, but it’s also arguable that he isn’t there just yet and people shouldn’t be shamed for having that opinion.
Did you watch Cristiano Ronaldo play football till like 2013? Dude almost never showed up in any big games for both club and country. And I would say I never saw him perform well in any big international tournaments. A lot of the world class labeling is about marketing and narratives. Same media and some fanboys were overly critical of Hazards performances for his country, but if you actually watched the guy, you'd see he was the definition of world class in his prime for both club and country.

Geofranco

Bad game, this highlights our need for another winger. Nothing went his way but he still player 120 minutes, where if you have someone like Williams on your bench you can really impact the game.
I'll still say a clinical CF, another dynamic midfielder to replace Partey and another GK and versatile Winger who can play both wings are the requirements to become a truly scary team for the next 5 years at least.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Tough game to say this about, almost our entire team got shown up in this tie. If these games were something to go on Saliba is years away from being even in contention for the label, Rice put in two God awful stinkers etc

Geofranco

Tough game to say this about, almost our entire team got shown up in this tie. If these games were something to go on Saliba is years away from being even in contention for the label, Rice put in two God awful stinkers etc
Finally Mr. Jones speaks some sense. At the end of the day it's a team game. Arteta also deserves some criticism, but I'll cut the team some slack as Arsenal has not even been in the champions league for years and the first time in the quarterfinals in 15 years. There must have been a lot of pressure, easy to get psyched out. People need to remember that a lot of our best players are pretty young still. Saliba, Saka, Martinelli, even Ødegaard do not have a lot of experience in these type of situations.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think I agree. I'm going to need some examples of known world class players standing out in fixtures like this. I think certain players might often have a clutch moment but not a great performance. He scored his pen.

I want to see what he can do against a proper footballing team in the next round.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Big words here if you consider we have the best defense in the PL and only conceded 5 goals in the CL which looks to me like it's the best defense in that competition as well.

Think Saliba and Rice need to add those defense-splitting passes to their game for you guys to be happy, maybe you guys are just bored with them protecting our goal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah and I think this tie shows that none of them are there yet. It’s not specific to Saka but he’s the one you get the most heat for saying he’s not WC.

There’s clearly more to it than just ability. So I don’t agree that Saliba is years away, it’s intangibles and mental attributes imo.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Big words here if you consider we have the best defense in the PL and only conceded 5 goals in the CL which looks to me like it's the best defense in that competition as well.

Think Saliba and Rice need to add those defense-splitting passes to their game for you guys to be happy, maybe you guys are just bored with them protecting our goal.
Mate read my post again, I'm saying the exact opposite of what you think I said.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah and I think this tie shows that none of them are there yet. It’s not specific to Saka but he’s the one you get the most heat for saying he’s not WC.

There’s clearly more to it than just ability. So I don’t agree that Saliba is years away, it’s intangibles and mental attributes imo.
Porto are master ****housers and a good side, unlucky not to finish 1st in their group, finished 1st last year in a strong group and gave Inter hell in both matches in the Ro16. You also missed my point - I don't think Saliba is years away, I think he's clearly there or thereabouts but based on this match he's nowhere near.

Shouldn't be specific to anyone specifically, the whole team was a bit overrated ("should easily trash Porto") due to plowing through PL plodders that elsewhere wouldn't get a professional licence. Combination of strong opposition, lack of experience in the team and coach against gamesmanship, our sh*t European record and pedigree is what made it uncomfortable

GoonerJay24

Different player to Mane lol. I just think Saka should have more of a free role, being positioned so wide every match doesn't suit him imo.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom