• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers (Out)

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
@GDeep™ is spot on again.

Why sell the guy who was our beet defender last season untill his injury? He was good at CB for us and excellent at RB.

As GDeep stated, chamber was excellent at RB for Southampton, Chambers came second i think in the player of the season votes at Boro playing CB and voted Fulhams best player at DCM.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He was great at centreback for us last season but I shudder at the thought of him playing right back for us again.
Great, really? That's pushing it.

He was decent because the other options were terrible, so by comparison he did well, but he has no great stand out attributes.

I would sell him in a heartbeat if a PL/Championship team came by.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Why sell the guy who was our beet defender last season untill his injury? He was good at CB for us and excellent at RB.

As GDeep stated, chamber was excellent at RB for Southampton, Chambers came second i think in the player of the season votes at Boro playing CB and voted Fulhams best player at DCM.

Chambers couldn't play RB for us in this system. He's a defensive minded right back. Nothing wrong with that but Arteta clearly wants his full backs to bomb on.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Chambers couldn't play RB for us in this system. He's a defensive minded right back. Nothing wrong with that but Arteta clearly wants his full backs to bomb on.

I think offensively he's underrated in terms of dribbling ability and crossing e.g. against notts forest last season he was outstanding. Chambers finished the game with five interceptions, four tackles, and 93% pass accuracy to go with his three assists.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He had a lot of promise coming back from the Fulham loan, Emery rated him and he was arguably our best CB in that period up until doing his cruciate.

Tbf he couldnt keep a CB position at Fulham, thats why they tried him as DM and he was voted PotS. They were still relegated though. My cousin is a Fulham season ticket holder, poor bloke. He said Chambers wasn't up to much as CB for them. Since then my view on Chambers has always been that he wont be playing in our midfield so sell ASAP.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feeling he probably missed his shot here. With Holding and Mari getting game time there was plenty available, also missed out on the back three.

At RB he now has Bellerin, AMN and Cedric in front of him. No top clubs seem to rate him as a midfielder.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The issue is people were saying Chambers is better only 12 months ago. These guys have swapped ACL injuries. For me they are very similar ability wise.

I like Chambers because he is a confident player and extremely versatile. Holding is a tough guy who likes winding up opposition players, I love that as we have hardly had it from a defenders in recent years. He doesnt really lose his head in the process. Also, I have noticed he is quite a leader this season. So for me its a toss up really. Ideally we keep both but we need the money.

I could watch that all day.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I agree with all of that but j would sell him purely because he's not shown he can stay fit when it matters. Have to sell someone and don't think our fate will be altered by missing him as a player.

LasseD

I would have loved for him to make it at Arsenal, but we have to be ruthless. He’ll be injured again in the near future.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom