• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Tottenham | December 19, 2018 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will advance to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Two goal kicks, win the second ball, pass it to a runner. Two goals... that’s all Tottenham did. I simply don’t understand why arsenal defence keep running back and allow the opposition player to be onside. Don’t let players pick a pass. How hard is that???
That's what happens when you have backline that's barely played together with a DLP shoved in there. No communication

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Two youngsters started. Maitland-Niles and Guendozy. Nketiah came on in the 0-2. If they are not ready what about,

Cech, Koscielny, Sokratis, Monreal, Xhaka, Torreira, Ramsey, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Mikki, Iwobi?

But yeah I see it. It is easier to blame 3 names rather than the rest of the team.
No that’s not my point, they’re all to blame. My point is Emery is getting a lot of heat for tactics and team selection, but the reality is that we don’t have a lot of real options. That includes both senior and youth members of the squad. Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

m-due

It’s time to regroup after a horrible week for the team. I’m sure Emery will be fired up for the upcoming fixture congestion #COYG

ptrcopp

I have found Emery’s performances these past couple of weeks very bizarre.

He has dropped the things that have worked;
4-2-3-1 with Torreira-Xhaka at the base; Özil with a free role; allowing it to morph into a 4-4-2 when attacking; full backs having the freedom to attack; direct play into feet and into channels.

We have looked impotent when playing three at the back yet it continues to show up. Iwobi has offered very little recently yet continues to show up in matches; Xhaka is playing CB in a back three despite showing he is indispensable in the midfield with Torreira; Özil isn’t playing; Laca isn’t playing; the press has disappeared.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

This Özil situation needs to be sorted out in January too. Either sell him or he needs to start playing.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
An absolutely horrendous performance. Man City to retain the trophy hopefully. Why Emery doesn't try to win a match from the start is beyond and then make sub but look at their number 7 and look at ours. I can't fault Cech, Sokratis, Torreira, Guendouzi, Ramsey or Xhaka tonight but the rest were poor. Too many passengers and it seems like Auba can't play well without Laca. I hate losing to Sp**s and Emery needs to understand that we just don't do this at home. Poor.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If there are poor signings under two different managers it is probably the owners legacy. Spend some money Kroenke, you are old and gonna die soon. Life a little!
I don't disagree with the last part. But in my view the only players who done ok were signings made under Emery. The rest were below par. And thats before you factor in the squad management of guys like Özil, Ramsey, Welbeck and even Alexis last season. That's three players that were key in Wengers latter years that have handicapped the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom