• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Tottenham | December 19, 2018 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will advance to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallout

people need to relax. there was too much optimism a few weeks ago, now there's too much negativity. 5th-6th and the europa league final has always been the most realistic outcome for us this season, and it would represent an acceptable first season for emery. anything more is a bonus.

and as for this loss, it's annoying, but it means absolutely nothing. i don't care that emery took some risks, because over the course of the season he's generally been good tactically. there's not enough evidence (yet) to start doubting his acumen.

and i actually think xhaka played really well today. was very interesting to see that performance.

Divided_Pie

Emery is showing signs that he is a weak manager that can't deal with being challenged by his players and won't work with superstars. He also seems to be a control freak like Mourinho who needs to keep his players in line constantly and favors players who will blindly follow with enthusiasm.

I was excited when Özil had the captains armband, the team played 4-2-3-1 and stood up to Liverpool, and the spirit of the team was high. I think the unbeaten streak got in to Emery's head and he dismantled everything for the sake of his ego.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mess of a team selection, if your going for a strong team why throw in Xhaka at CB? Basically threw the game with that, all while putting further strain on vital players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mess of a team selection, if your going for a strong team why throw in Xhaka at CB? Basically threw the game with that, all while putting further strain on vital players.
I think he don't want risk mustafi or kosh and he don't trust our youth it seems that's why he started xhaka but still i would have started elneny as CB and play xhaka in middle

pikey2000

The effort was there but simply put they were more clinical than us, on another day Mhki puts that chance away and its a different game, not going to lose any sleep over the result and we shouldnt be making excuses either, they had a LB and CB, benched their best striker and had youth in the CM in Winks so hardly their best line up either.

If I was to have one criticism it would be tactical, not sure why we went to a back 3 at half time, personally thought we should have brought Kos on to make a back 4 of AMN-Sok-Kos-Monreal

moved Xhaka into a 3 man mid next to Torreira & Douzi

Ramsey in behind two strikers in Laca and Auba

rather than going to a back 3 and eventually moving Auba out wide.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We actually still did well even with the out of the ordinary selection . We probably wouldh have smashed them at full strength

Its absolutely no contest with both teams at full strength as the league fixture demonstrated.

Its a one off.

No time to feel sorry for ourselves though, Burnley are in need of a good thrashing to brighten our mood.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Reading carefully through this some posters think our defence is our weak spot. Others think it is the midfield. Also read that our attack is ****e. The manager, who a few weeks ago was being lauded as Arsenal's best-ever manager (a bit like some Spuds fans think Pochettino is their best ever manager) but now seems to be a loser whose record counts for nothing.

What does that leave?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The manager, who a few weeks ago was being lauded as Arsenal's best-ever manager
images

HBL

Established Member
We've been memes on twitter by their players.

We really need to bounce back before the Pool game

Jae

Emery is showing signs that he is a weak manager that can't deal with being challenged by his players and won't work with superstars. He also seems to be a control freak like Mourinho who needs to keep his players in line constantly and favors players who will blindly follow with enthusiasm.

I was excited when Özil had the captains armband, the team played 4-2-3-1 and stood up to Liverpool, and the spirit of the team was high. I think the unbeaten streak got in to Emery's head and he dismantled everything for the sake of his ego.

This is pure 100% speculation. AKA...bullshit :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Missed this, travelling to states on Norwegian Airways. Had to watch Red Sparrow and Oceans 8. Both sh!t. However the game sounds even worse reading through several pages of this thread.

Quite a bit of negativity. Let’s hope this is a blip and we get back to unbeaten ways. Still think Emery isn’t excellent manager.

The problem lies with injuries and player quality. Was one of the few here saying the same thing when Wenger was around. But got called deluded more times than there are stars in the universe. Only a fool couldn’t see Wenger’s mistakes.

One or two more losses and it’ll be the same with Emery. Very sad. I really hope fans give him the time.

Last edited:

Divided_Pie

This is pure 100% speculation. AKA...bullshit :lol:
I mean obviously it's opinion, not fact. Still, Emery certainly had trouble dealing with superstars at PSG. If Arsenal want to be a "big club" then their "big manager" will need to be able to handle "big players."

Reactions: Jae

Jae

I mean obviously it's opinion, not fact. Still, Emery certainly had trouble dealing with superstars at PSG. If Arsenal want to be a "big club" then their "big manager" will need to be able to handle "big players."

Fair does buddy I wouldnt disagree with you about needing a "big manager" whether that is Emery I don't know, I've certainly not seen anything that would tell me he isn't at this early stage. He knows how he wants to play, he is demanding, and if you don't fit the profile or do as he wants then you are dropped (Özil) or gone (Ramsey). He's also not scared of making tough decisions and dragging people off early if they are playing terribly, something that we haven't seen at Arsenal in recent memory.

He did struggle at PSG but I think most managers would. They have players that are too big for the team and can do and say as they please because the owners want big names there. As Emery said, Neymar basically runs that team.

You only have to look at Mourinho at United to see that player power is on another level in modern football. You can throw your weight around (a la Mourinho) but it doesn't always work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom