• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CC Final * Arsenal - Birmingham City * Sun 27 Feb 4:00pm-SS1

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i really couldn't sleep yesterday i cant forget this game but i think its the time to forget it and move on

i will blame wenger just for playing rozza but i think he dont have another choice i was prefer he put nasri in rozza position and play bendy in the right wing but thats not happend bendy in good form and we see him when he enter he do a good job

i hope scezney and kosh move on i know its so hard but they must move on we have alot of important games

wilshere and robin they was our best players espically jacky hope rvp is ok

and i will keep supporting the arsenal till i die if we dont win nothing i will keep supporting arsenal

Webdesignlab

Established Member
progman07 said:
darthwenger said:
As usual, by throwing away the CC, he is again throwing his eggs into one or two baskets and banking on beating Man U in the FA cup (if we get that far) and Barca in the CL

Man. This is the first occasion for a long time I defend Wenger, but you are absolutely wrong there. He didn't throw away it on purpuse, he sent out the strongest possible lineup there. Cesc would've started, Theo would've started, Wenger made steps forward to win this time.

Totally agree ... that was the strongest side Wenger/we could have put out.

However it also gives Wenger/us no excuses as it works both ways. His/our best lost. That is worrying.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Webdesignlab said:
progman07 said:
darthwenger said:
As usual, by throwing away the CC, he is again throwing his eggs into one or two baskets and banking on beating Man U in the FA cup (if we get that far) and Barca in the CL

Man. This is the first occasion for a long time I defend Wenger, but you are absolutely wrong there. He didn't throw away it on purpuse, he sent out the strongest possible lineup there. Cesc would've started, Theo would've started, Wenger made steps forward to win this time.

Totally agree ... that was the strongest side Wenger/we could have put out.

However it also gives Wenger/us no excuses as it works both ways. His/our best lost. That is worrying.

Well by that same token Barca must be worried as well .

outlaw_member

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Thought I'd feel a bit better this morning but just feeling completely despondent. How on earth did we throw away this opportunity!?

That's exactly how I feel. The fact that I'm not as broken down as I would have been in recent years, is a testament to how many embarrassing moments this side has put us through. The saddest thing is that yesterdays defeat wouldn't even rank number 1 as the worst moment of the season, with two other major contenders fighting for that title. I don't think anyone can fail to see the potential this team has, but it's clear that we won't see it for long enough, unless certain things change.

Someone compared us to Vialli's Chelsea a couple of months back, but I think now it is an incredibly apt description for this side. Yes, we have the quality to beat a team as great as Barcelona, but we also have the ability to let a lead slip against a 10 man Wigan side. I'm not even disgusted with our team anymore, rather just like you said, I'm feeling despondent. I just fail to see how we can win the Champions League or the FA Cup, even if we were to beat Man Utd and/or Barcelona. The league will be easier in comparison, as there won't be any one deciding game, so the team couldn't conspire to attempt a **** up to beat all **** ups. It's amazing that our best side in years might not even be able to overcome the worst United side in years. Hell, even triumphing over them will be like when Holmes beat Ali.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
The problem is we dont have a plan B.

We always play the ball around the box while the opponent have 10 men in the sixteen yard. and never seem to take a shot wich always could go in,

TheCMT

Established Member
I dont support the club for the trophies I supported this club due the football we played. Now since I love the club I dont give a **** even if we start playing a boring football I will still be loyal to club. The only part that makes me sad that this team is not realizing its potential; its not realizing what they are capable of.

dyeruz

Established Member
HollandGooner said:

We always play the ball around the box while the opponent have 10 men in the sixteen yard. and never seem to take a shot wich always could go in,
Spot on, but it helps if we had some different options on the bench, fact the is we have a dearth of central midfielders who are average at best in Rosicky (and I'm not going to slaughter him, he tries but he's sliding down very fast)and Denilson, Ramsey's wasn't available, and Diaby is an enigma, inconsistent and always injured. We bring Bendtner off the bench to play on the wings, subsequently he slows down our play, Birmingham can bring on Martins and Jerome to inject that pace. Injuries always seem to derail our season and yet time and time again no replacements are sought as Wenger gambles that our core players will be fit for the run in

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

HollandGooner said:

To be fair, yesterday Nasri had a couple of great efforts from distance that Foster done well to save.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
THunter said:
HollandGooner said:

To be fair, yesterday Nasri had a couple of great efforts from distance that Foster done well to save.

Plus our goal came from a long range effort which in turn resulted in a cross. And Van Persie had that great header that went inches wide from a cross too.

dyeruz

Established Member
THunter said:
HollandGooner said:

The Rosicky chance sticks in my mind, not the one at the beginning of the first half which he put wide, but the one where he drifted infield and the defenders backed off and he had a clear shot at goal and he elected to try and play a heavy pass through to Chamakh...chance gone

Illusion

Established Member
Was a shame to see our players looking so tired after 60-70 minutes, they never normally look that worn out.

I was calling for Bendtner to replace Rosicky right from the start, Rosicky was completely anonymous and achieved literally nothing. I don't know how Wenger thought it was a good idea to start him over Bendtner on the right. When you consider Birmingham's aerial threat, Bendtner's form, Rosicky's form etc.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Big Poppa said:
Thought I'd feel a bit better this morning but just feeling completely despondent. How on earth did we throw away this opportunity!?

That's exactly how I feel. The fact that I'm not as broken down as I would have been in recent years, is a testament to how many embarassing moments this side has put us through. The saddest thing is that yesterdays defeat wouldn't even rank number 1 as the worst moment of the season, with two other major contenders fighting for that title. I don't think anyone can fail to see the potential this team has, but it's clear that we won't see it, unless certain things change.

Someone compared us to Vialli's Chelsea a couple of months back, but I think now it is an incredibly apt description for this side. Yes, we have the quality to beat a team as great as Barcelona, but we also have the ability to let a lead slip against a 10 man Wigan side. I'm not even disgusted with our team anymore, rather just like you said, I'm feeling despondent. I just fail to see how we can win the Champions League or the FA Cup, even if we were to beat Man Utd and/or Barcelona. The league will be easier in comparison, as there won't be any one deciding game, so the team couldn't conspire to do a **** up to beat all **** ups. It's amazing that our best side in the years might not even be able to overcome the worst United side in years. Hell, even triumphing over them will be like when Holmes beat Ali.

This sums up my feelings to.

My overiding feeling is I don't think it could be underestimated what a couple of huge ****ing lumps who don't take any **** and give a bit of aggression to our team would add. I genuinely believe that if certain individuals in this squad had half as much heart or pride in their performance as they did talent we would be leading the Championship and had that cup in the bag, we wouldn't be facing Barca in the Champions League because of ****ing up a relatively easy group and we wouldn't have had umpteen replays against poor league sides that we couldn't put away even when we've been at home.

I just think we lack balance in the side, particularly if we don't have any of the first eleven missing.

So we're a team that win and score goals through fast paced and accurate passing. Well why do we have players like Chamack and Bendtner trying to execute that type of football? These are not technically efficient players. They're slow lumbering giants, so if we're going to play with them, stick them both up front and whip endless crosses in. Don't ask them to play tippy tappy football. It just always feels like there's no game plan, no tactics. Just stick them all on a pitch and wait to see what happens.

Yesterday was no one off. Like the post i've quoted said. Yesterday was not even the most embarrassing moment of our season. This team has put us in so many cringe inducing moments over the last couple of years that the fans are becoming despondant to it. And that in itself is not a good thing.

Could you imagine these huge **** ups, panic stricken defensive performances happening with players like Adams, Campbell or Vieira around? This just wouldn't have been allowed to happen at least not on such a consistent basis. That's why those guys won things, sure we had skill and talent in abundance but we also had hard bastards who when things aren't going so well knew how to lft those around them and lead. You just cannot underestimate what that brings.

Thank god for Jack Wilshere thats all I can say, because I've yet to see that boy give anything less than 100%, even if he's not on form he leaves it all out on that pitch.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
outlaw_member said:
Big Poppa said:

That's exactly how I feel. The fact that I'm not as broken down as I would have been in recent years, is a testament to how many embarassing moments this side has put us through. The saddest thing is that yesterdays defeat wouldn't even rank number 1 as the worst moment of the season, with two other major contenders fighting for that title. I don't think anyone can fail to see the potential this team has, but it's clear that we won't see it, unless certain things change.

Someone compared us to Vialli's Chelsea a couple of months back, but I think now it is an incredibly apt description for this side. Yes, we have the quality to beat a team as great as Barcelona, but we also have the ability to let a lead slip against a 10 man Wigan side. I'm not even disgusted with our team anymore, rather just like you said, I'm feeling despondent. I just fail to see how we can win the Champions League or the FA Cup, even if we were to beat Man Utd and/or Barcelona. The league will be easier in comparison, as there won't be any one deciding game, so the team couldn't conspire to do a **** up to beat all **** ups. It's amazing that our best side in the years might not even be able to overcome the worst United side in years. Hell, even triumphing over them will be like when Holmes beat Ali.

This sums up my feelings to.

My overiding feeling is I don't think it could be underestimated what a couple of huge ******* lumps who don't take any **** and give a bit of aggression to our team would add. I genuinely believe that if certain individuals in this squad had half as much heart or pride in their performance as they did talent we would be leading the Championship and had that cup in the bag, we wouldn't be facing Barca in the Champions League because of ******* up a relatively easy group and we wouldn't have had umpteen replays against poor league sides that we couldn't put away even when we've been at home.

I just think we lack balance in the side, particularly if we have any of the first eleven missing.

So we're a team that win and score goals through fast paced and accurate passing. Well why do we have players like Chamack and Bendtner trying to execute that type of football? These are not technically efficient players. They're slow lumbering giants, so if we're going to play with them, stick them both up front and whip endless crosses in. Don't ask them to play tippy tappy football. It just always feels like there's no game plan, no tactics. Just stick them all on a pitch and wait to see what happens.

Yesterday was no one off. Like the post i've quoted said. Yesterday was not even the most embarrassing moment of our season. This team has put us in so many cringe inducing moments over the last couple of years that the fans are becoming despondant to it. And that in itself is not a good thing.

Could you imagine these huge **** ups, panic stricken defensive performances happening with players like Adams, Campbell or Vieira around? This just wouldn't have been allowed to happen at least not on such a consistent basis. That's why those guys won things, sure we had skill and talent in abundance but we also had hard bastards who when things aren't going so well knew how to lft those around them and lead. You just cannot underestimate what that brings.

Thank god for Jack Wilshere thats all I can say, because I've yet to see that boy give anything less than 100%, even if he's not on form he leaves it all out on that pitch.

patrick42uk

Established Member
The game didnt really materialise as I expected. Apart from losing instead of winning/drawing obviously - certainly didnt expect to lose. But I expected we'd be allowed to control the ball, even if we lacked the cutting edge. Apart from the periods after Brum scored, they were very proactive, pressing us as early as possible and playing with a high line. I think that stems from Theo not being there and of course Cesc who would be the one to find the passes to punish that. We didnt have as much of the ball and we didnt create chances. We just didnt deserve to win.

Freagle

Disappointing result & performance. Heartbreaking stuff this. Even though Schzney made us all look comfortable at the back for quite a while, I still had that gut feeling that we were going to screw this up, one way or the other. I was watching this game with fellow gooners and I was in tears right at the end. They asked me why do I grieve over a "worthless" cup, but to be honest I wanted this cup more than anything for some odd reason. I really wanted it because even though I was one of the people who want Arsène out, I do firmly believe that he and his team deserve it. If this is hard on us, I just can't imagine how the players feel. Do not give me the random bullshit that the players don't care or the players lack heart. The matter of the fact is, they were all distraught and all destroyed. We had more to lose than win to be honest. Birmingham either way will be regarded as heroes and we only had one option which was to win. Evidently, some people around here were knee-jerking around with the "title is gone, champions league is gone, we are screwed." Although those comments are far-fetched and simply absurd, with injuries to RVP, Fabregas and Walcott and the recent blow of the final CC will haunt us. With that said, I do believe we can stand up and I do believe that we will perform better. I am sure players were dreaming about finally gifting the fans a trophy and that was one of the main reasons they performed poorly. We were anxious but at the same time nervous. Losing was definitely not an option but it was what the players feared during the game. We were somewhat shocked by Birmingham and how the approached the game, and to honest we should of expected that if not more. Questioning our hunger vs theirs should not be talked upon because in my opinion hunger had absolutely nothing to do with the game. Yes, they were blocking balls, throwing bodies, tackling hard, pressing hard but those are only things you do to Arsenal and after that have the pleasure of watching them destroy themselves. We were hungry, if not more than Birmingham but the fear of defeat in what have been an unbelievably long time since our last cup was what got to the players. I don't questions one players attitude towards the final but some of the players quality of performance was abysmal, that's where the match ratings kick in, so until then.

What I am about to say might come as a shock to most but since yesterdays game I have changed my stance. We lost, the CC cup final to Birmingham (which they thoroughly deserved), but I have changed my stance towards Arsène. I wanted him out more than anything because I believed that he doesn't know how to address or communicate with the players any more. I questioned his passion and his methods but I for one apologize for everything I have stated towards him. When I was in tears right at the end, it was not only because We as fans finally deserve a cup or a trophy but because Arsène Wenger deserves more than that. I feel for him and I applaud his characteristics. Yes, we haven't got a trophy for a long while but what Arsène is/has been doing so far with all the budget and pressure he has, he has been an angel. He has his mistakes as we all do but I for one apologize for wanting him out and for tearing him to shreds with every loss or draw. I will not give up and will back him and the team even more now.

The Gambler

Such an anti-climax to a game that I was genuinely excited about attending.

Of course it was shocking to concede the winner in such a way so late on. Have been in a state of disbelief since really. But it was a below-par performance overall and no way should Szczesny and Koscielny be scapegoated. I don't think there was a lack of effort or desire in the team either. They were as gutted as we were at the end. Don't feel like analysing what went wrong at the moment.

I was really disappointed with our support at the game. It felt pretty flat to me. There have been some great efforts at the Grove this season, alongside some very quiet ones. But it was more like Ipswich than Barca yesterday. Of course, you'd expect Birmingham to be up for it as they're not used to challenging for silverware but we were comprehensively out-everythinged. After one bright passage of play, a guy a couple of rows back from me tapped me on the shoulder and berated me for waving my scarf as it was impairing his view a bit, which just about summed it up.

Just a let-down in the end.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom