• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celtic vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8.5
Clichy 6.5
Song 8
Cesc 9
Denilson 7
Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6
RVP 5

Diaby 7

go49oner

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7
Song 9 MOTM
Cesc 9
Denilson 7
Arshavin 6.5
Bendtner 6.5
RVP 5

Diaby 6

Unforgiven

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Gallas 9
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 6.5
Song 8.5
Cesc 8.5
Denilson 7.5
Arshavin 7
Bendtner 6
RVP 5

diaby 7

Feet

RvP deserves more than a 5. Not much more, but he chased down the ball all day even if he didn't really get a clear sight of goal.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Did he have a save to make?

Sagna 7
Gallas 9
Vermaelen 9
Clichy 7

Song 9
Denilson 6
Fabregas 8

Bendtner 6
Van Persie 6
Arshavin 7

Diaby 6

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 9
Vermaelen 8.5
Clichy 7
Song 8
Cesc 7
Denilson 7
Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6
RVP 6

Diaby 6

Feet

Gallas, Vermaelen, Song and Cesc were stand out excellent, but there wasn't a bad performance out there from our side, everyone did their share of the hard work required to compete away from home in Europe.

In fact I'm just surprised we didn't see Ramsey or Eboue really so we could rest some of the first eleven, so the only person I can really negatively critique is Wenger, but only by a whisker. :p

otfgoon

Established Member
Almunia - 7

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 9
Vermaelen - 9
Clichy - 6

Song - 8
Cesc - 7 (tempted to give an 8 for the amount of work he put in)
Denilson - 6

Arshavin - 5
Robin - 5
Bendtner - 5

M+D

Established Member
Almunia - 6

Sagna - 6
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 8
Clichy - 6

Fabregas - 7.5
Song - 8.5
Denilson - 7

Bendtner - 7
Van Persie - 6
Arshavin - 6

giuliob

5=average

Almunia 6 Didn't really have much to do...
Sagna 6.5 Solid game...
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8.5 He looks like the real deal; well done...
Clichy 6 Still looks like he's working out the kinks; is he a step slower?
Song 8.5 Consistent; passed well; good cover...
Cesc 6.5 Celtic boxed him pretty well the 1st half...
Denilson 6.5 Decent game...
Arshavin 6
Bendtner 6 Got off to a slow start; seemed to move better in the 2nd half..
RVP 5 "Almost" will be his middle name soon; didn't seem comfortable out there.....
Diaby 6.5

Away kit looked good...professional and class.......

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Almunia: 6
Sagna: 7
Gallas: 8
Vermaelen: 9 and MOTM
Clichy: 7
Song: 8
Fabregas: 7
Denilson: 6
Arshavin: 6
Bendtner: 6
van Persie: 4

It's understandable that Wenger didn't wanted to risk Eduardo against those thugs, but this game illustrated the need of options up front. Bendtner and van Persie are not, have not been and will never be a good combination. Too static in the decisive moments, not clinical enough and drops too deep. Of the two Bendtner had a better game for the second time in a row (although his performance was subpar in the second half). I wouldn't start with Robin up front in the next game.

Great win otherwise, I thought. Impressive by all the hard work that Arshavin and Denilson did in both ends of the field. Celtic tried to kick us off the field but Song and Vermaelen stood up magnificently. The latter in particular perhaps. I'm quickly falling in love with Vermaelen. He's a ****ing terminator. Born without mercy.

arsmile

Established Member
al-7- diddnt have to do anything
sagna-7- good
gallas-8- good
vermealen-9- already in love a little bit
clichy-7- good
song-9- fantastic
denilson-7- some good stuff
cesc-8- instrumental
bendtner-6- did alright
arshavin-5.5- quite quiet
vanpersie-6- yep
diaby-7-if i rewrite him as a winger as opposed to a CM in my brain then he's fine- weak on the ball though

attacking wise we were not fantastic, but we kept the ball and were very solid in defence- more solid than we've been for a long time- thanks in no small part to song and vermealen.

MAK 14

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Was decent, don't remember him having that much to do.
Sagna 7.5 - Solid defending, pretty good in attack.
Gallas 8.5 - Fantastic defensive performance from Gallas, don't think he did anything wrong.
Vermaelen 8.5 - Same as Gallas, played great.
Clichy 7.5 - Good in attack, good in defense.
Song 9 - My man of the match. Another solid performance from Song.
Cesc 8.5 - Great work rate from Cesc, great performance too.
Denilson 7 - Played well.
Arshavin 7 - Even though he didn't score or assist, a good performance from him.
Bendtner 6.5 - Didn't do that much.
RVP 7 - I thought Van Persie did well.

Diaby 7 - Good run from him to get the second goal.

ricky1985

Established Member
Almunia - 7. Not a lot to do, but was generally calm. His mindless distribution is absolutely infuriating though. Manuel should watch the Champions league final to see Valdes' great distribution under pressure.

Sagna - 6. Decent defensively, but had more sloppy moments than I'm used to seeing from him. One who has not quite clicked into gear yet.

Gallas - 9. Awesome. The reason Celtic didn't threaten is not because they were poor, it's because we defended brilliantly, and Gallas was a massive, huge part of that.

Vermaelen - 9. Superb, as good as Gallas, and better with the ball at his feet. Wenger is clearly a genius - what a signing! MOTM

Clichy - 7. Similar to Sagna - a few sloppy moments, but generally pretty good.

Song - 9. Two sloppy passes in the whole match. Incredible defending.

Fabregas - 7. I thought his incisive passing was slightly off all night. Like the fullbacks not quite slipped into the groove yet.

Denilson - 7. Some very impressive defending, but still sells himself in the tackle too often. Passing was weak at times.

Bendtner - 7. Some good link-up play and worked like a Trojan, but I felt, woeful in the final third.

Van Persie - 5. A few neat touches apart, I really felt he hindered us hugely tonight. Again worked very hard like everyone else.

Arshavin - 6. He needs better movement in the final third from his team mates and he'll become twenty times more dangerous. Hasn't hit full stride yet - more to come, much more!

Subs

Diaby - 7. Immediate effect, quiet thereafter.

Ginger_Reyes

Almunia: 6
Sagna: 8
Gallas: 8.5
Vermaelen: 9 Star PLayer
Clichy: 8
Song: 8.5
Fabregas: 7
Denilson: 4
Arshavin: 4
Bendtner: 6
van Persie: 4

Conclusion - Solid defence won us the game.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
ibby said:
Cesc was better than Song, Vermaelen and Gallas?
Actually, he worked really really hard and was the main maestro of the whole team. I think he does deserve MOTM. all 4 was very very good though, and its nice to think those 4 have been consistently the best 4 in our 2 matches

Raider

Established Member
Almunia 7

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8.5
Clichy 7

Song 8
Cesc 9
Denilson 6

Arshavin 7
Bendtner 5
RVP 5

Diaby 6

Robin and Nicklas just didn't get involved often enough. I can't believe how easy it is to dispossess robin whilst hes running at you. If there isn't an option either side of him, he shouldn't charge at the centre backs, it never comes off.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6.5
Sagna 6.5
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8.5
Clichy 7
Song 7
Denilson 6.5
Cesc 8
Arshavin 6
van Persie 6
Bendtner 6

Diaby 6

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom