• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celtic vs Arsenal Match Ratings

Illusion

Established Member
lol at some of the ratings you guys are giving Denilson/Arshavin, neither of those two deserve anything less than a 7, with Denilson most likely an 8, he made a big contribution that has been typically ignored, again.

sammy89

And for the Street Fighter fans,
vermaelen250.jpg

=

9831-SFEX_Skullomania_large.jpg

scytheavatar

Established Member
Vermaelen's mistakes can cure AIDS. Too bad he has never made one.

Vermaelen is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

Biggus

Established Member
For what? because he couldn't get his moaning ***** ass out of the way quick enough. :lol:

Cesc was immense as was Song but Vermaelen really looks the business......Pity the 2nd goal took such a huge deflection that Clichy couldn't be credited with it.

Now that we're more or less in the CL- Wenger better not think he doesn't need to still get his cheque book out.

nidza7

Established Member
How can people not rate Bendtner effort last night?He had a specific job to do and he did it well.

morpho

Established Member
How can people not rate everyone's effort last night? Team win if ever i saw one. Everybody running their socks off, playing to make their partners better!

fabo

6.51 / 10
progman07 said:
fabo said:
Bendtner...7...another good shift. Never gave ball away and worked hard.
Arsh...5...below par first two games.
The bias against Arshavin has already started...

He was at least as good as Bendtner, who wasn't involved at all, not 2 ratings below him.

Arshavin defended very well, and took more part in our passing game than Bendtner. He wasn't good, but to rate him down while Bendtner gets away with such a high rating, it's bias.

Don't put your expactations higher because he is a better player, all players are first teamers and that's what matters.

Arshavin was no better than a 5. He's looked really jaded IMO this first week. The timing and weight of his passing looks off and that can be related to having tired legs. Not quite sure, maybe the international game took it out of him or he's struggling to adjust to this new high-tempo pressing game. Also not taking on enough players when he has the chance.

And no, Bendtner was better than both Arsh and RVP. It's not bias, just rating the game as I saw it.

dutchMasta

Arshavin was better than a 5 (like a 6 or so), but Bendtner was better than both Arshavin and RVP. Arshavin, though not on the same wavelength for the 2nd match, put in a good defensive performance, closing down a lot, and also played some neat passes.

Almunia - 7 (Fine)

Sagna - 7 (Decent)
Gallas - 9 (Awesome)
Vermaelen - 9 (Amazing)
Clichy - 6 (Fine)

Song - 9 (Monster in midfield)
Cesc - 7.5 (Grew nicely into the game)
Denilson - 6.5 (Average 1st half, better 2nd)

Arshavin - 6 (Strong defensive work, still a bit off)
Robin - 5.5 (Some ok moments)
Bendtner - 7 (Kept play moving, good defensive work)

True Gooner

Established Member
GaelForce22 said:
Why don't people rate Wenger after good performances?

It was all Gazidis.

I'm scared Wenger's going to leave the squad as it is when the window closes. Right now Wenger's on a 10 for me but that could drop if we don't add another player or two to the squad.

Anzac

Established Member
True Gooner said:
GaelForce22 said:
Why don't people rate Wenger after good performances?

It was all Gazidis.

I'm scared Wenger's going to leave the squad as it is when the window closes. Right now Wenger's on a 10 for me but that could drop if we don't add another player or two to the squad.

Agreed & I'll be amongst the first to post that I don't have 'faith'........

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Almunia - 6.5 - Rarely trouble but stood up when he was. Distribution not as good as usual.

Sagna - 7 - Regular Sagna performance looking unpassable in defense and clueless in atack his job is to defend however and he did that well.

Gallas - 8 - Carrying on his fine form from last season and looking even better this season. A couple of cruvial interceptions and a goal!

Vermaelen - 8 - Great foil for Gallas and played with the same intensity we saw on saturday. Very very strong defensive performance,

Clichy - 6 - Not bad but I though he struggled a little last night, made a few defensive errors which luckily were not punished.

Song - 8 - Impressive again, he covered enough ground but I was impressed of how often he was in the right place. A few sloppy passes in the 2nd half but worked hard to regain the ball back afterwards.

Denilson - 7 - Typical hard working performance. Thought he was impresive defensively today.

Fabregas - 8 - A very different game to saturday from the captain as he had to work harder today. Nice passing and unlucky that some of his more ambitious passes didn't quite come off. He's playing like a captain these days. Wonder if he's claiming an assist?!

Arshavin - 5.5 - Disappointing again, barely influenced the game and posed very little goalscoring threat.

van Persie - 6 - Same as Arsh but he did put more work in. Worringly he doesn't look dangerous.

Bendtner - 6.5 - Good workrate from Nik. He faded a little in the 2nd half though.

Diaby - 6 - A mixed bad from Diaby but he showed for the 2nd goal why he could be such a huge assest to this squad. Again played out of position.

law

Didn´t get to see all the match so it´s hard to give ratings but I think everyone gets a 10 from me for effort. We rarely hit our stride or as the great man would say "maybe we lack a bit... quality in the technical side of our game" but the workrate was through the roof. As I´ve always said the problem was never the players it was the way they were playing. Lets just hope they keep playing with the same mentality they´ve started the season with.

Sottobosco

Those who say Almunia's disruption is not good, what do you mean by it? For just this game or generally? Ive never notice it before and again yesterday, I've never saw an obvious problem.

Specifically, so I know next time what to watch out for, is it the distance of his goalkick that you think can be improved [say 60 metres average kick length rather then 50m]? Or is it that you think the ball isn't released quick or accurately enough?

ricky1985

Established Member
It's because he seems to launch it upfield, in the general direction of Niklas Bendtner, without any thought or decision-making process involved. And when for the fourteenth time in a row, it's done nothing more than gift possession back to the opposition, he still doesn't look for alternatives, or use his initiative. Very annoying, in fact infuritaing. He should watch the Champions league final back, Victor Valdes' distribution under pressure was phenomenal.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Almunia seems to be less of an issue now that it's not required to make saves. All hail Gallas, TV & Song. The Holy Trinity.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom