• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
I think if you argue against rotation for this game you should also forfeit the ability to moan about not making subs to avoid injuries etc. Lens are absolute poverty right now, they sold their two star players and replaced them with kids and their performances in the league reflect that.

You need to be able to win this game with a heavily rotated starting XI, otherwise there is zero point in having a deep squad. The whole point is being able to compete across several competitions and not just have a list of players ready to step in when a starter gets run into the ground.

There is literally not a single player in this Lens team that would get into your match day squad.
No matter how much we discuss about rotation..arteta will most likely start with the same side as brentford..only change could be tomiyasu.
He will continue to play the first 11for 70 mins no matter what the situation is

TonyBouldy

We need to be realistic here . When you are fielding Eddie Nketiah you ain’t going to win the big trophies. As much as he shows enthusiasm on the field he isn’t trophy winning material. Ideal to come on for the last 10-15 minutes but we shouldn’t be chasing games . We should be dictating games .

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I agree about qualifying before resting but for me Saka needs to be rested regardless, he’s being put through the wringer.

Remember, we are playing City on the weekend. That is a more important game than this. It’s a 6 pointer, while in this group we are on 3 points already and have 4 games after this even if we lose. If we were playing any regular fixture on the weekend I wouldn’t be saying this.

Ramsdale/Raya
White Saliba Gabriel Tomiyasu
Rice
Ødegaard Vieira
Nelson Havertz Jesus

Or play Nketiah CF as I don’t want to see him starting vs City.

Would be a fun side to see. Still very strong.
This is it really. We should put out the strongest side possible except for Saka. He absolutely must be rested for the weekend.

Tom Mix

Looking ahead to other games and not focusing on the current one is always a bad idea. We need to have a game by games approach to the season.
Absolutely not. The season is a marathon not a sprint. The decisions you make for a game affect the games which follow so game by game is a mirage.

The decision last season to play Saliba in the Europa League game before the Man City home game arguably cost us the league. That's what game by game can do for you.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Is this site legit? Are they touting tickets or an official partner of the clubs to sell?
I guess touting, but anyway I was able to get one using lens official website. Just have to sit with home fans

Also I'm not sure what I'm gonna do after the game. No trains or buses lol. Trying to reach Paris from there.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I tend to watch as much prem matches as I can but typically burn out halfway through the season if I am honest.

The guys that get me is the ones that watch multiple leagues I dunno how tf that is possible.

I used to watch multiple leagues but then I noticed that women look quite nice and my interest in the French League evaporated.

TheDrunkenMaster

Imo only Saka and possibly Zinchenko should be rotated for this game. After city we aren’t playing till the 21st. Keeping momentum and winning the group as early as possible should be our priority.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Keep it relatively strong, we are still early on in the season and we shouldnt really have fitness or fatigue issues just yet. I'd rest Saka, Zinchenko and one of White/Saliba. I'd also give Ramsdale his CL debut, Trossard a start and keep Havertz and Eddie in the team.

Id be tempted to start Vieira for this one, for his ability to play through balls. But definitely bring him on around 60 minutes, along with Smith Rowe, Jorginho, TP5 and a youngster.

Trossard----Nketiah----Nelson
--------Havertz---Ode
---------------Rice
Kiwior--Gabriel---Saliba---Tomi
-------------Ramsdale

Bench: Jesus, Vieira, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Zinchenko, TP5, Raya

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Keep it relatively strong, we are still early on in the season and we shouldnt really have fitness or fatigue issues just yet. I'd rest Saka, Zinchenko and one of White/Saliba. I'd also give Ramsdale his CL debut, Trossard a start and keep Havertz and Eddie in the team.

Id be tempted to start Vieira for this one, for his ability to play through balls. But definitely bring him on around 60 minutes, along with Smith Rowe, Jorginho, TP5 and a youngster.

Trossard----Nketiah----Nelson
--------Havertz---Ode
---------------Rice
Kiwior--Gabriel---Saliba---Tomi
-------------Ramsdale

Bench: Jesus, Vieira, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Zinchenko, TP5, Raya
I’d be surprised if Saliba doesn’t start after reading how he was looking forward to be playing back in France in the ucl during his airport phone conference.

Who’s the youngster that you have in mind looking at that bench? 🤔

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I’d be surprised if Saliba doesn’t start after reading how he was looking forward to be playing back in France in the ucl during his airport phone conference.

Who’s the youngster that you have in mind looking at that bench? 🤔

I'd like Ruel Walters to get a start, because ideally I want to rest both White and Saliba.

But its not realistic, I think we'll keep it strong as well as ease in starters like TP5 and Trossard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom