• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Going to need to rotate a fair bit here I think. City game is huge. However it is also the champions league, can’t take Lens for granted.

Raya
Tomiyasu
Saliba
Gabriel
Kiwior
Jorginho
Ødegaard
Havertz
Vieira
Jesus
Trossard

I do not want to see Saka or Rice on that pitch.

LookingForEric

Give Saka a rest, include ESR and Nelson in the line-up. ESR looks fit and hungry.

Avoid Bumketiah at all costs..

Agree with the rotation, Nketiah strays are odd. He’s contributing, can’t ask for much more, he’ll never be a world class striker.

2 goals and an assist so far along with winning two of our penalties so he’s contributed directly to 5 goals in 8 games for us. That’s more than 95% of the squad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How are people so dumb.

There isn’t a chance Saka or Rice or any other player you want rested is left out of the Lens game. You lot need to stop treating the CL like it’s the Europa. Saka has waited 5 years to play in the CL and you think he’s going to accept being ‘rested’.

Arsenal fans are a different breed.

LookingForEric

How are people so dumb.

There isn’t a chance Saka or Rice or any other player you want rested is left out of the Lens game. You lot need to stop treating the CL like it’s the Europa. Saka has waited 5 years to play in the CL and you think he’s going to accept being ‘rested’.

Saka limped off the pitch, excuse us for believing he needs to be rested to prevent further injury.

He’s in the red zone right now and I would rest him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saka limped off the pitch, excuse us for believing he needs to be rested to prevent further injury.

He’s in the red zone right now and I would rest him.
Saka will start on Tuesday and so will Rice and so will every other player you want to rest in our second CL game.

The ARROGANCE of Arsenal fans is hilarious.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How are people so dumb.

Yeah when there's this many injuries there's not really much room for rotation. If Trossard, Martinelli and Partey were fit then you can rotate here and there, otherwise the team pretty much picks itself.

LookingForEric

Saka will start on Tuesday and so will Rice and so will every other player you want to rest in our second CL game.

The ARROGANCE of Arsenal fans is hilarious.

Not arrogance. I just believe we have a squad capable of rotating to beat Lens.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We not rotating its CL game we have 3-4 days rest unlike europa when we have max 2 days rest.

Saka depend on his ankle if he fit he'll obviously start but i hope Trossard start in place of eddie and Jesus back CF that's that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They beat Vieira's Strasbourg this weekend, which is also were Arsène was born...they need slapping up by us now!

Lens was our first ever Champions League match (after it got rebranded) and were we scored our first ever Champions League goal too back in 1998...love my pointless nostalgia!

How many of the current team would get in this first 11...

soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-e-rc-lens-v-arsenal-G94AYT.jpg

...need @GDeep™ opinion on this the most?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looking forward to this, not the typical European opponent. Should be another relatively comfortable win you'd think.

I'd play the first team if available and secure the 3 points. Can start rotating a bit once we've secured qualification.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They beat Vieira's Strasbourg this weekend, which is also were Arsène was born...they need slapping up by us now!

Lens was our first ever Champions League match (after it got rebranded) and were we scored our first ever Champions League goal too back in 1998...love my pointless nostalgia!

7/8 of them would get into the current team - Seaman, Keown, Adams, Vieira, Petit, Bergkamp, Anelka, Overmars etc.

Winterburn and Dixon are better defenders than White/Zinny but the latter are more suited to the modern game.

Martinelli might become better than Overmars, have better stats etc, but at his peak Overmars was obviously a better player.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
This isn't the EL group stage. We should start our strongest available side. You've got to treat this tournament with respect.

Hopefully we get a comfortable lead and get Saka, Rice, Ødegaard etc off after 60-70 minutes.

Tuesday to Sunday is enough down time to not be worrying about resting players anyway.

goonerfamily

Seaman; Dixon Saliba Adams Zinchenko, Viera Petit Bergkamp, Saka Anelka Overmars

Topside

We will play the strongest team possible win in Lens and we have one foot in the last 16.

We play Tuesday, City also have injuries and play Wednesday night tough game in Germany hopefully takes a bit out of their legs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Go strong and get qualified for the next round ASAP, can't be taking any chances in the Champions League.

Jesus down the middle too, need to start moving back to what our attack was at it's peak last season...Eddie should be getting phased out this season anyway.

Going for a 3-1 win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom