• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Why do you want Ramsdale to start? Raya is the better keeper? Its Champions League not the League Cup.

Not like it’s a massive drop down but perhaps it can wait until we are through.

I just want him to have atleast one start in CL he made over 70 starts in a row and got us there.

Before someone retorts with “there’s no room for sentiment”, well we’re playing Kai who’s not one of our best players so not based on merit.

If he can get this whole pity party then reward the guys who have played their part.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul

I just want him to have atleast one start in CL he made over 70 starts in a row and got us there.

Before someone retorts with “there’s no room for sentiment”, well we’re playing Kai who’s clearly a special needs project and not one of our best players. If he can get this whole pity party then reward the guys who have played their part.

I understand what you're saying but Ramsdale took over from Leno the same way and he was happy about it. At the end of the day its a competitive football club, I'm sure Ramsdale understands the decision even if he's sad and miserable.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I understand what you're saying but Ramsdale took over from Leno the same way and he was happy about it. At the end of the day its a competitive football club, I'm sure Ramsdale understands the decision even if he's sad and miserable.

Ye foreal that’s just life init. Let’s see anyways.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
They beat Vieira's Strasbourg this weekend, which is also were Arsène was born...they need slapping up by us now!

Lens was our first ever Champions League match (after it got rebranded) and were we scored our first ever Champions League goal too back in 1998...love my pointless nostalgia!

How many of the current team would get in this first 11...

soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-e-rc-lens-v-arsenal-G94AYT.jpg

...need @GDeep™ opinion on this the most?
Keown's place might be up for grabs, but that's it. What a team that was- better than the current one and a lot that came later in most departments too.

REWB

He's definitely not miserable, he's on a big wack of wages and he knows he'd be nothing without Arsenal.

Tom Mix

I'd rather lose this game and win on Sunday, than win this game and lose or even draw on Sunday. We have a huge opportunity to get City's monkey off our backs and we can't afford to waste it. This is not just three points, it has consequences on our ability to challenge for years to come. I want us to be fresher than City and take full advantage of their missing players.

Lens are an average team and we will beat then easily at home. We will win the group regardless of what happens here. The team I'd start:

Ramsdale/Raya

Cedric Saliba Kiwior Tomiyasu

Elneny Jorginho

Vieira

ESR Nelson

Nketiah​

Under no circumstances should Saka or Rice play any part in this game

Makavelii

I'd rather lose this game and win on Sunday, than win this game and lose or even draw on Sunday. We have a huge opportunity to get City's monkey off our backs and we can't afford to waste it. This is not just three points, it has consequences on our ability to challenge for years to come. I want us to be fresher than City and take full advantage of their missing players.

Lens are an average team and we will beat then easily at home. We will win the group regardless of what happens here. The team I'd start:

Ramsdale/Raya

Cedric Saliba Kiwior Tomiyasu

Elneny Jorginho

Vieira

ESR Nelson

Nketiah​

Under no circumstances should Saka or Rice play any part in this game

I generally agree with you but playing Cedric is going too far. This is the Champions League.

I’d go somewhere in between like this:
This should still give us strong probability to win while also resting key players. Defenders and Trossard can handle playing twice in one week.

Ramsdale/Raya

White Saliba Gabriel Tomiyasu

Jorginho

Vieira - ESR

Nelson - Nketiah - Trossard

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Anyone going for this game?
I see RC lens official website has resale tickets but they are available only as 2 ticket. I don't have anyone to go with. If anyone's already going and or has plans to go, can we try to get those tickets? Or anyone else has any spare ticket?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
My lineup

Artie
Christopher Junior Ritchie AJ
Tony
Sil Paulie
Ralph ***** Jackie Jr
Bobby

Big man up top.

Sparrahork

I generally agree with you but playing Cedric is going too far. This is the Champions League.

I’d go somewhere in between like this:
This should still give us strong probability to win while also resting key players. Defenders and Trossard can handle playing twice in one week.

Ramsdale/Raya

White Saliba Gabriel Tomiyasu

Jorginho

Vieira - ESR

Nelson - Nketiah - Trossard
Indeed, some say players will not accept missing out on champions league game, I would suggest if given a choice of lens or city match all would pick latter as the most important game.

Our team with a handful of changes should be good enough to beat lens, if a freak result happens then so be it, we want to be as strong for city as we can.

My own selection would be as below:

Ramsdale

White
Tomiyasu
Gabriel
Kiwior

Jorginho
Vieira
Esr

Nelson
Nketiah
Trossard

This selection only really rests jesus, the remainder left out have been nursing injuries of late

This also provides opportunity to fringe players to remain involved and stake a place for minutes in the city match.

The likes of Tomi and kiwi performed well last time around and deserve starts, same for esr and Nelson further forward.

This is a key game for tets to get the selection and substitute's right. Ramsdale I think has to start this one regardless.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Before someone retorts with “there’s no room for sentiment”, well we’re playing Kai who’s not one of our best players so not based on merit.

If he can get this whole pity party then reward the guys who have played their part.

People are suddenly making Ramsdale out likes he’s some Scott Carson type keeper.

Arsenal fans are awful.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Because there's not much to choose between them and a good employer tries to keep their employees motivated rather than demoralised?

When we get to knock out stages he can play imo. I want to win the group and for that we need our best players in the starting eleven as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom