• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Next time we face them at London, lets give them some revenge & see how much they can handle so much noise from our supporters like we do usually. Their supporters were so loud & enthusiasm I couldn't believe it. Will they now think our next game in London will be that easy that they won't even bother getting out of 1st gear haha?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Now the apologists will rave about Lens. You read it here first - Lens are a very average team, they will not qualify for the next round and they will not be in next year's CL. Deal with it.
As usual the truth is somewhere in between. They’re a very good team with a high ceiling who are a nightmare to play against when they raise their game and play at their best but also very beatable when they don’t.

Mohamed7

Didn’t watch the match except from 75th minute onwards.

Don’t care about the result. We will still win the group.

How’s the starboy? Arteta always rushes back the injuries and we pay for it in the longer run. Didn’t need to play yesterday. FFS.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well that wasn't good. I hope Arteta finally starts to deny Saka of playing even if he wants to. Saka should have come from the bench if the game wasn't going well. Otherwise the line-up was fine.

There were enough chances to get a draw, which would have been an okay result. But not clinical enough, and the performance wasn't that good anyway. Need to improve, weird how lacklustre the effort was.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Will look silly when we get beat tomorrow. Some of you guys lack humility despite watch us fail in Europe year in year out
You were right of course

Lots of people were acting like Lens are relegation fodder even though they finished second in their league last season, JUST LIKE US. Ridiculous

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Now the apologists will rave about Lens. You read it here first - Lens are a very average team, they will not qualify for the next round and they will not be in next year's CL. Deal with it.
If that is the case then what does that say about us? 🤔

Legend14

Established Member
Ren deployed a 5-4-1 formation, so its pretty obvious they were trying to force a mistake then counterattack.

They were a faster team, so they pressured us because some of our players are not press resistant.

This is usually how we lose. You would think that Arteta would have solved this by now with personnel or strategy, but other teams surely do not believe he has.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

He's been predicting losses since the Community Shield
Lol. But some of his interactions before this match were very pertinent. I saw people sneering that Lens were 14th in a farmers' league and even someone ridiculing the size of their stadium. I googled and found this about their stadium and it made me fume even more about the comments made before this match. We need to not let English exceptionalism finish us.

"Estadio Bollaert-Delelis
Capacity
after renovation
It was built between 1932 and 1933 and is the main Lens football stadium, home to RC Lens. It is slightly different from ordinary city stadiums given it's capacity is 38,223 spectators, which is nearly 7,000 more than the city's population (31,398)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom