• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
We need to cut this team some slack. Barring Havertz, Zinchenko & Jesus there is no Champions League experience in this team. The rest of the team is not yet used to rhythm of playing Europe. They barely have any experience in Europe. They will mature this season and will slowly become a champions league force.

As for resting players in CL, no player wants to be rested in CL. We might find think it makes sense. But Rice did not move to Arsenal to sit on the bench for CL matches. Guys like Ode, Saka, Martinelli, White, Saliba, Gabriel etc will not want to be rested for these games. This is their opportunity to show others how good they are. And a good manager will never rest them.

To me this is a Europa level game. The type of game we have been losing over the past couple of yrs in Europe. Why do we struggle with Europe, we compete with top teams in the PL who are consistently amongst th top few teams or top team in the CL. But at th same time we are losing to lens, olympiacos, psv and sporting Lisbon in Europe that are notches below our PL level

baccy_man

Established Member
I think we need to get an out and out striker it's alright trying to spread the goals around the team if they are going to take a shot at goal instead of passing the ball around all the time,
We have a tendency to keep passing the ball around the 18 yard box until we lose the ball the players that we have got that are supposed to be strikers like Nketiah and Nelson seem to be a bit gun shy.

HattoriHanzo

Simply said Lens wanted more to win than Arsenal.
They showed grit, determination, energy, all the things that Arsenal lack yesterday.
They won practically all duels.
Only Rice was on required level.
For the rest, the less said the better.
Ramsdale should have played yesterday, he deserves to play in CL.

ThePortugueseGunner

Awful win, which, in the long term, will prevent us from some rotation, because the fight for 1st place in the group will last a little longer. Was really surprised and disappointed with this result, I was so sure we had it, especially after taking an early lead.

They even cost me a bet, ffs. All-around disaster.

Tomb Bombadil

The
As for resting players in CL, no player wants to be rested in CL. We might find think it makes sense. But Rice did not move to Arsenal to sit on the bench for CL matches. Guys like Ode, Saka, Martinelli, White, Saliba, Gabriel etc will not want to be rested for these games. This is their opportunity to show others how good they are. And a good manager will never rest them.
That's why we have a manager who can rotate the squad and not the player have to deciced.

You don't have to change the whole squad but Saka was the one player who so obviously needed a rest I can't believe he played. And this was really the game we can lose and we did also lose with the best 11. And what the player really want is to play in Knock-out stages, that is what counts.

So befor one of the most crucial fixtures for us. Rotate a bit. So you take out Saka, Jesus, Havertz and Zinchenko/White and bring in Nelson, Trossard, Viera/Jorginho and Tomiyasu. Less quality but maybe hungrier and no injury.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also did you notice before we play city we always put poor performance and drop points not sure if our players think about city game and forget task in hand because this like 3rd time happened during we started competing with them.

Take it game by game stop over thinking about these bastards.

HattoriHanzo

To me this is a Europa level game. The type of game we have been losing over the past couple of yrs in Europe. Why do we struggle with Europe, we compete with top teams in the PL who are consistently amongst th top few teams or top team in the CL. But at th same time we are losing to lens, olympiacos, psv and sporting Lisbon in Europe that are notches below our PL level
Based on what I saw yesterday, Lens are not notches below our level.
They were better yesterday.

HattoriHanzo

The

That's why we have a manager who can rotate the squad and not the player have to deciced.

You don't have to change the whole squad but Saka was the one player who so obviously needed a rest I can't believe he played. And this was really the game we can lose and we did also lose with the best 11. And what the player really want is to play in Knock-out stages, that is what counts.

So befor one of the most crucial fixtures for us. Rotate a bit. So you take out Saka, Jesus, Havertz and Zinchenko/White and bring in Nelson, Trossard, Viera/Jorginho and Tomiyasu. Less quality but maybe hungrier and no injury.
First you need to qualify to play in knock-out stages.
And it is not sure thing that Arsenal will qualify.
Lens were better team than Arsenal strongest team yesterday.
So we should give Lens proper respect.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

This is my 1st chance to get online & comment on the game from watching it live hours ago after work today. May I just ask, wtf has Arteta done to our team & the way we use to play haha, how I fell in love with the Gunners years ago? That was our most disgraceful performance this season by far against a team like Lens use to be in French 2nd division. Can't we handle a lot of noise & support by our opposition haha?
Back in the days of Wenger when I first started supporting us late 90's early 21st century, we use to play with so much more creativity & attacking flair, hence why I started following us. These days especially this morning we just play with possession & pass around the box hardly get a shot away hahaha. Arteta can't even rotate our squad around, he's caused Saka to be out against City now last I heard because he refuses to give him a rest even when he's already been slightly injured for a few weeks now hahaha. I can guarantee you, Saka will turn into one of our most injury prone players now as he gets older hahaha. I have always supported Arteta, however now I really do believe it is time for him to move on unfortunately.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Should be calmer the day after without all the emotions, but I'm still fuming about that performance. Arteta needs to find the balance in the team, it's not just Havertz, it's the whole fluidity. We've been making stupid errors the entire season, we look lost when we attack, no fluidity. I understand that Arteta wants more control etc, but it doesn't look good. I've said this from the start of the season, not one convincing performance besides PSV.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

This is my 1st chance to get online & comment on the game from watching it live hours ago after work today. May I just ask, wtf has Arteta done to our team & the way we use to play haha, how I fell in love with the Gunners years ago? That was our most disgraceful performance this season by far against a team like Lens use to be in French 2nd division. Can't we handle a lot of noise & support by our opposition haha?
Back in the days of Wenger when I first started supporting us late 90's early 21st century, we use to play with so much more creativity & attacking flair, hence why I started following us. These days especially this morning we just play with possession & pass around the box hardly get a shot away hahaha. Arteta can't even rotate our squad around, he's caused Saka to be out against City now last I heard because he refuses to give him a rest even when he's already been slightly injured for a few weeks now hahaha. I can guarantee you, Saka will turn into one of our most injury prone players now as he gets older hahaha. I have always supported Arteta, however now I really do believe it is time for him to move on unfortunately.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only good thing in the game was bobby pires was 1 row in front of me and I got a pic with him 😍

Lucky bastard you are meeting @GDeep™ yesterday, happy for ya mate.

Watching the second half yesterday his "worst Arsenal team he has ever seen" line, may be more true than we thought!

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We were so desperate to get rid of him, now we need him back more than anyone...

simpsons-homer.gif

...life is funny, man.
Speak for your self. I was so sad to see him go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom