• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saka has been on red for some time. You wanted him on the pitch tonight. This is what happens when populist decisions are taken by managers.

Jury still well out on whether Raya is better than Ramsdale. In danger of doing another Leno/Martinez faux pas. The fad for keepers being selected for how good they are with their feet will pass when some genius somewhere works out that goalkeepers main duty is to stop shots with their hands.
Saka was always gonna start when the club fed the media he took part in training in order to protect Arteta due to the criticism he took on the weekend. He will most likely play vs city as well. But Arteta will ruin saka career the way he is abusing him

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We played close to our full strength team and still got cooked...we should have just started Nelson, ESR, Jorginho, and Vieira. At least they would have brought some energy.

andeoch1

Our central progression is literally non existent. It’s sideways trying to bait a mid block, when the team has a ****ing lead for goodness sake.

Then it’s trying to stay safe when attacking despite time desperately running out. Smith had a chance in the game to play Nketiah in via direct ball along that left half space. He ****ing passes it out wide to Reiss instead because they want to increase numbers always. So ****ing stupid and has Arteta’s prints all over it.

We need unpredictability Mikel, not the same ****ing **** over and over.
The definition of insanity , isn’t it 🤷

Tom Mix

He has to take some responsibility for this. Kept on playing Saka way too much. Lad needed a rest and now he might be done with a long term injury. Just poor by Arteta! 😤
Never mind, we now have the perfect excuse to drop points against City and end our title challenge. Happened last season with Saliba. But now we have the excuse so everyone keeps their job and we "if only"... for twelve more months. It's becoming a pattern.

Two seasons ago it was the Auba debacle and the failure to recall Saliba.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Mikel always does this and yet yall still fall for it every time :lol:

Saka will start on Sunday, I'm 95% confident.
I so hope you are right! Come on Baby Jesus, save us! 💯

prayer GIF

Tom Mix

Never mind, we now have the perfect excuse to drop points against City and end our title challenge. Happened last season with Saliba. But now we have the excuse so everyone keeps their job and we "if only"... for twelve more months. It's becoming a pattern.

Two seasons ago it was the Auba debacle and the failure to recall Saliba.
Yes we all fell for it!!! He's tricked us into thinking we lost 2-1 at a bottom half team of Frencn farmers!!! What a guy!!!!!

Gooner_girl14

Disappointing result but Lens were very good and deserved it. We had our chances but couldn't finish and I think they were just that bit quicker and stronger on the night. Think we were good enough for a point but it wasn't to be. I always said I didn't know how we'd juggle CL as it's been so long, but that atmosphere was electric. Our first defeat of the season coming in Oct, not bad at all. Now onto City.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Our first loss in France in over 20 years.

Tets is an absolute wonder. The man just keeps breaking those records.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This result is a massive blow, going to Sevilla and already needing a result. Sure the draw would be adequate but it still puts unnecessary pressure for the last couple of games where we could've been already through

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Went to the game.

My goodness the atmosphere was crazy. My first ever competitive arsenal game and unfortunately it's a loss.
We played like **** though.

Our LW who were playing right in front of me 2nd half were totally useless. Nelson has looked confident this season but played like old nelson, kept running it out of the field ffs. Anyway whole team felt really poor. Their first goal was such a poor one to concede. Also we just got bullied by them (though felt the ref also gave many small fouls to them, maybe felt the pressure of the atmosphere, but this happens)

Only good thing in the game was bobby pires was 1 row in front of me and I got a pic with him 😍

MA08

We need to cut this team some slack. Barring Havertz, Zinchenko & Jesus there is no Champions League experience in this team. The rest of the team is not yet used to rhythm of playing Europe. They barely have any experience in Europe. They will mature this season and will slowly become a champions league force.

As for resting players in CL, no player wants to be rested in CL. We might find think it makes sense. But Rice did not move to Arsenal to sit on the bench for CL matches. Guys like Ode, Saka, Martinelli, White, Saliba, Gabriel etc will not want to be rested for these games. This is their opportunity to show others how good they are. And a good manager will never rest them.

TonyBouldy

What a disappointment , a shocking performance. We cannot compete against a team this plays with pace and aggression. Arteta wants to take a lesson from last nights defeat and understand to win difficult games you need the two factors . We are so fudging boring. Pass it side to side , let’s go forward a little bit then pass it back , oh , let’s pass it left for a while then pass it back.
Go hard, aggressive, pacy and more ruthless in front of goal.
Champions league and the premier league, winners ? Not till we change .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom