• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moviegooner

Lens are a good team.last season they hadn't lost at home in the league and it shows. Plus their first game in the Champions league in nearly twenty years.Not pretty football but It works unfortunately against us.

two great chances in the second half but failed and lost our first game of the season.

But nothing to worry about. We will bounce back.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

The United result does not give me any consolation.you expect them to lose

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Also in europe it's nice to have some fullbacks who attack we just seem leaving all our wingers isolated kinda too easy to defend against the one time tomi overlap we had excellent chance to do something.

Also our left side Havertz have to overlap he again stop and his first touches are extremely poor today

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Rice and Saliba played awsome
You genuinely think so? I didn’t see it tbh. Rice was good defensively first half but on the heels in possession. I also don’t think anyone was good enough in second half. We were horrendous. Saliba should have done better on their second imho, even though Zinny was probably the main culprit.

Even if I’m over reacting, awesome they were definitely not.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's not about positions. When it came down to it. Players didn't turn up. Ødegaard created nothing. Trossard couldn't control a ball. Honestly. Saliba and Rice were the only ones at the level.
Yes not sure it would make difference Ødegaard was bad Trossard was bad Jesus despite his goal he wasn't his usual self.

As you said Only Rice turned up today maybe Zinchenko too and our tow CB

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our central progression is literally non existent. It’s sideways trying to bait a mid block, when the team has a ****ing lead for goodness sake.

Then it’s trying to stay safe when attacking despite time desperately running out. Smith had a chance in the game to play Nketiah in via direct ball along that left half space. He ****ing passes it out wide to Reiss instead because they want to increase numbers always. So ****ing stupid and has Arteta’s prints all over it.

We need unpredictability Mikel, not the same ****ing **** over and over.

baccy_man

Established Member
That was a poor game tonight we were too slow getting the ball forward then we start passing the ball around like we have not got a clue about what to do with it.
The way that Raya, has played in his last two games I don't think there is much difference between him and Ramsdale, they are both prone to making mistakes.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

You genuinely think so? I didn’t see it tbh. Rice was good defensively first half but on the heels in possession. I also don’t think anyone was good enough in second half. We were horrendous. Saliba should have done better on their second imho, even though Zinny was probably the main culprit.

Even if I’m over reacting, awesome they were definitely not.
Rice was everywhere ffs, Saliba did well.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our central progression is literally non existent. It’s sideways trying to bait a mid block, when the team has a ****ing lead for goodness sake.

Then it’s trying to stay safe when attacking despite time desperately running out. Smith had a chance in the game to play Nketiah in via direct ball along that left half space. He ****ing passes it out wide to Reiss instead because they want to increase numbers always. So ****ing stupid and has Arteta’s prints all over it.

We need unpredictability Mikel, not the same ****ing **** over and over.
Ødegaard was really bad at this tonight. Zinchenko was the only one playing through the lines.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Again despite we poor today i felt thier keeper made 3 excellent saves Trossard Tomi and at the add time from nelson.

In other end they really taken thier chances well tow excellent finishes. That's why imo you have to ruthless can easily get away with poor performance

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think we can have too many complaints with the result. We had the ball, but we didn't do a whole lot with it. They defended well and took their chances.

Poor showing from us.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Partey and Xhaka were what made Arsenal so good last season.

We have regressed this season and Arteta hasn't improved also. He needs to get it right against city now to give the team and fans hope this season or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom