• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If both of them can stay fit at the same time. We've been f*cked by injuries this season

We can never even enjoy players returning from injuries either, as someone always immediately goes down like Saka today.

Dreading the return of Timber a little, I know as soon as he steps on the pitch again for us you know one of our other player's arms will explode or something 😭

Jasinho

Thought we were done with these kinds of spineless performances but I guess it'll happen time to time. We're fortunate that PSV managed to comeback to a draw against Sevilla so both dropped points. We need to shape up though, these players need to realise this isn't Europa league anymore where you can casually stroll through group games.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Hopefully this result puts some sense into some folks here who treat the CL group stage like the EL group stage. Nothing easy here, it's the big stage, every team achieved something in the top leagues of Europe and are fully up for it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thought there were quite a few ways to go without resorting to Vieira on the wing, but he seems like Arteta’s first reserve atm.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah they scored right when the subs should've been made. It's infuriating how Arteta can't suss these things out.
He always take long with subs in close games its kinda frustrating specially when things need improving.

Tom Mix

Saka has been on red for some time. You wanted him on the pitch tonight. This is what happens when populist decisions are taken by managers.

Jury still well out on whether Raya is better than Ramsdale. In danger of doing another Leno/Martinez faux pas. The fad for keepers being selected for how good they are with their feet will pass when some genius somewhere works out that goalkeepers main duty is to stop shots with their hands.

mpower2540

This is exactly the problem. You don’t play 3-0 cruise control football at just 1-0. Agree with your post it’s just that the Lens high press was their offensive weapon not possession of the ball.
Yes, it's a common theme of ours, we're not structurally secure, or psychologically mature enough to get away with it. We look very well coached, almost overly so, however when I compare this to where we were when Arteta first arrived I can't be too down, I used to pray for days when we controlled the football again.

The thing is I think with time there's a really special side developing here, needs more spark in the attack but with experience and maturity we can go against anyone. I thought Lens were very impressive also, their execution was immaculate. The frustration is everything that's been going wrong for us this season feels very self-inflicted but I still predict/hope by March/April time we'll have ironed out the kinks and look a proper proper team

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Btw on Lens I think the intensity they had all game was fantastic. We didn’t expect it and they had more desire than us. The difference in technical quality was fairly clear.

Tom Mix

Now the apologists will rave about Lens. You read it here first - Lens are a very average team, they will not qualify for the next round and they will not be in next year's CL. Deal with it.

LookingForEric

Luckily if it’s a one off we can comfortably secure a spot in the knockout stages in the double header vs Sevilla. We then should comfortably beat Lens at home as well. So I’m expecting us to go through on 13-15 points, this is just annoying.

LookingForEric

Now the apologists will rave about Lens. You read it here first - Lens are a very average team, they will not qualify for the next round and they will not be in next year's CL. Deal with it.

They had a high intensity, pretty poor quality and wanted it more than us. Nobody is going to rave about them technically.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I reckon a midfield of Xhaka Partey and Øde walks this game tbh

We were so desperate to get rid of him, now we need him back more than anyone...

simpsons-homer.gif

...life is funny, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom