• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Champions League Group Stage: RC Lens 2 - 1 Arsenal | Tuesday 3rd October | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We just rotated last week in the Carabao Cup, thats the games where you can rotate. We still have early in the season, it's not like they are exhausted already. Except of Saka all from the starters look fully fit and fresh, so there is no need to keep them out.

I would rather get good results in the first 3-4 games in the group stages and then you still can get 2-3 games where you can rotate some players, because we luckily have an easy CL group.

I think we only discuss about rotation, because we play City at the weekend. But thankfully from Tuesday until Sunday is a lot of time, so I don't think the play time will make a huge difference. If they are such a poverty club, we can do the job in 45-60 minutes and still get some more rest for these players.

You don't rotate because of exhaustion though, you rotate to give muscles and tendons time to heal. You can look fully fit while having a hammy on the verge of explosion.

A big part of squad rotation is to get everyone involved, and you don't do that by only giving them Carabao Cup minutes. It's not enough. Every PL game is also an absolute must win given who you're chasing, and every single one of those games is a lot tougher than Lens outside of maybe one or two.

I would rotate heavily for this game even if you completely ignored the fitness benefit, simply to give minutes to players that are clearly good enough to win here and are desperate for minutes in general.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Look, Lens is a lovely club but surely not a grand ole one. Not the club the likes of Saiba, Martin and Bukayo dreamt about playing under he lights. They will surely relish the opportunity to get some well earned shut eye and focus on the real pot of gold this weekend.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Will look silly when we get beat tomorrow. Some of you guys lack humility despite watch us fail in Europe year in year out

And you lack an update on RC lens. You just take for granted that they are the same team as last year, Emil.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You don't rotate because of exhaustion though, you rotate to give muscles and tendons time to heal. You can look fully fit while having a hammy on the verge of explosion.

A big part of squad rotation is to get everyone involved, and you don't do that by only giving them Carabao Cup minutes. It's not enough. Every PL game is also an absolute must win given who you're chasing, and every single one of those games is a lot tougher than Lens outside of maybe one or two.

I would rotate heavily for this game even if you completely ignored the fitness benefit, simply to give minutes to players that are clearly good enough to win here and are desperate for minutes in general.

If we met Lens in Europa Arteta would rotate and nobody would even blink. I think cause we’re all excited to be in the comp everyone wants to wear their Sunday best.

I would expect a strong side with maybe 2 rotations. None of those being Saka probably.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id play Leo, Jesus, Viera, Esr, Ode, Jorgi boy, Tomi, Gabby, Kiwi, White.

Or blast them and change at 60 minutes!!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If we met Lens in Europa Arteta would rotate and nobody would even blink. I think cause we’re all excited to be in the comp everyone wants to wear their Sunday best.

I would expect a strong side with maybe 2 rotations. None of those being Saka probably.

It's what City have done well for years and why they remain so fit throughout all comps, they have the depth to be able to go 90% full-strength with one or two players rotating. We should be able to do that now.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

'Sunday best' 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom