• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League: Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal [1] vs FC Porto [1] (4-2 pens) | Tuesday 12th March | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20240310-160437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240310-161344-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Porto

Screenshot-20240310-161743-Chrome.jpg

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I actually want to draw one of the big boys now (aside from City), I just want to see where we're at amongst the European elite. Give me Bayern, Madrid, Barca, PSG - let's see we're our boys are at.

I wouldn’t mind that but if we’re really looking to get to the final at Wembley then I feel we just need to get past the next stage with a favourable draw. Those fixtures in the PL on either side of the quarters are tough games as we have to play Brighton away before the first tie and Wolves away straight after the second game.

Barcelona would probably be my ideal tie as they’re definitely beatable and full of young talents similar to our side who are inexperienced in the latter stages plus we have a score to settle with them.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Difference with Real Madrid though is they’ve got like 2 game changers in Vini Jr and Bellingham that can flip a tie in an instant. Leipzig were missing chance after chance then Vini Jr drags them through, same with Mbappe single-handedly bullying Sociedad. I guess our game changer is Arteta lol
I think Rice and Saka can be those guys, eventually. Rice if he moves to 8 more often and we get that elite 6 to come in for Jorginho/Partey (or one with potential to reach that).

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Oh wow really? I didn't know that at all!
Yes, few rules in penalty shootouts are different than in penalty kicks during regular play.
- If the keeper saves the shot and the ball gets to the kicker, even if he kicks it in the goal, it does not count.
- The same is if it hits the post, bounces off of the keeper and back in the goal, it is not counted.

It is about direction of the ball. The logic is that if the ball changes direction opposite of the goal, it is not counted anymore. Which is what happened last night as the ball bounced off the post, into Rayas leg (i.e. the ball changed direction, moving away from the goalline), therefore even if it went in it would not count.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Yes, few rules in penalty shootouts are different than in penalty kicks during regular play.
- If the keeper saves the shot and the ball gets to the kicker, even if he kicks it in the goal, it does not count.
- The same is if it hits the post, bounces off of the keeper and back in the goal, it is not counted.

It is about direction of the ball. The logic is that if the ball changes direction opposite of the goal, it is not counted anymore. Which is what happened last night as the ball bounced off the post, into Rayas leg (i.e. the ball changed direction, moving away from the goalline), therefore even if it went in it would not count.
Yup I was thinking about this during the game itself and was shocked with tnt commentators itself not knowing this rule

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I know this sounds crazy; but the best team we can draw in knockout stage is City. It is very hard to beat a near peer or peer in 3 straight matches and with familiarity and contempt for City our fear will recede. They aren’t as good as they have been they are susceptible. We don’t let them play like they want and we do a good job on Haaland. They are a team we are hunting and we aren’t that far we should want to play them. Knocking them out of Europe can not but help but have momentum effect for both sides. Conversely; they are the champs in both competition they are the ones who are expected to win both.

Tnegs

Carragher really humiliated himself with those remarks about Kate I wouldn’t have been able to sleep if I was him with the cringe of remembering what had been said. Classic case of the mouth moving faster than the brain which wouldn’t be too hard for someone like him.

HattoriHanzo

I know this sounds crazy; but the best team we can draw in knockout stage is City. It is very hard to beat a near peer or peer in 3 straight matches and with familiarity and contempt for City our fear will recede. They aren’t as good as they have been they are susceptible. We don’t let them play like they want and we do a good job on Haaland. They are a team we are hunting and we aren’t that far we should want to play them. Knocking them out of Europe can not but help but have momentum effect for both sides. Conversely; they are the champs in both competition they are the ones who are expected to win both.
I mean who wouldn't like to play with City 3 matches in period of 16-17 days, and 2 of them at Etihad.

I get it, more opportunities for you to insult Arteta.:lol:

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Yesss... we're through!!! Very tense game indeed. Alot of fans thought that Porto would be the whipping boys but they are a decent team with some very good players.

Their fullbacks were once again very impressive in particular Wendell. I was also impressed with Otavio their CB, Pepe-Aquino, Pepe Senior (fantastic performance at 41 years old) and Varela.

They definitely have good reason to hold the best defensive record in Liga Nos. Seriously though , hats off to Pepe. For him to still be a competitive force at 41 years old playing at the highest level is very impressive.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Carragher really humiliated himself with those remarks about Kate I wouldn’t have been able to sleep if I was him with the cringe of remembering what had been said. Classic case of the mouth moving faster than the brain which wouldn’t be too hard for someone like him.
What did he say? Usually I don't have problem with even his accent, but couldn't understand this time. If I'm right about the situation.

HattoriHanzo

Excellent video about difference between 2 legs against Porto.

Why beating Porto is huge for Arsenal

This guy from 442 really makes excellent videos.

In short, in this video he says that the main difference between 2 legs is that in this one, Ødegaard was specifically instructed to stay close to Porto's goal and not to drop deep to pick up the ball.
And also, Rice was instructed to stay in our half to help the defense.

He also says that this win against Porto is the most important win for Arsenal this season (so far, of course).

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
View attachment 22441

@albakos one for the classics lol

18 years apart yet Pepe doesn’t look any different.
Apparently sleeping in mumzy's bed as a grown up conserves you 😐

Asked how spoiled he was as a child, Pepe said: 'Until I came to Portugal, at the age of 17, I slept with my mother, so imagine what it was.'

Then posed the question what his father thought about it, Pepe - who currently stands at 6ft 2in tall - added: 'Hey man, I was already big and I slept with my parents, so I imagine my father would not like to have me there.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why in the blue hell would Pepe share that, ffs!?

Also him beginning the sentence with "Hey man...", has killed me 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom