• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League: Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal [1] vs FC Porto [1] (4-2 pens) | Tuesday 12th March | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20240310-160437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240310-161344-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Porto

Screenshot-20240310-161743-Chrome.jpg

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
They are a genuinely weird bunch of fans.’Offended by everything, ashamed of nothing’ rings extremely true for them.

Apparently we have nicked the ‘Allez Allez Allez’ chant of them. They won’t let you hear that they took it off another team though.
They are still under every single Arsenal post spamming about Havertz "dive" and Ødegaard's handball. Haven't seen a bigger bunch of whiners.

Tom Mix

I don't think Arteta was afraid to make subs, it's that those players haven't contributed anything meaningful in months because of injury. Good players, but I can't blame him for not wanting to throw them into a tense situation like that when they haven't had proper game time in so long. We saw Zinchenko come in for a few minutes and look miles off the pace, easily could have cost us on a counter or something. Could have easily seen Partey or Tomi get dispossessed or play a loose pass which cost us a goal.

These players will be massive for us if we are to win something, but they are going to have to get back up to speed over the next few weeks first.
I agree with this. My worry is that there are no matches for these guys (let alone Timber) to come up to match fitness until the Luton game, the City away game is hardly the one in which to experiment, but at least their overall fitness should improve.

It's vital that they step up though because with the amount of games coming up in April, and their difficulty from Brighton onwards, we really need a solid 16/17 players to be available fit and in good form if we are to win at least one trophy. I worry for the likes of Saliba and Gabriel in particular. It's a big step down from them if either gets inured or suspended.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I think this is a reasonable take. We could go in the transfer market buying an elite player to fit with us (who could flop) or we can continue buying young players with promise and cultivating them into elite status (Saka is on the cusp, imo) which will be bumpy at times as progress is never linear. As a fan, I want the easiest road possible to help with my blood pressure but I do appreciate the team building process especially as it seems to create loyalty which is sorely missing in sports these days. Of course, assuming loyalty is also risky. That development process has been fun lately.

Zero goals conceded at home in CL if I'm not mistaken. We're getting there.

Gooner505

We did enough to win that during normal time.

If the contact was enough to rule out a goal then Ode’s spin equally should’ve produced a penalty.
Agreed. The ref was a joke. Pretending to be strict and fair, but in all reality completely incompetent and reactionary. Not sure how he judged that to be a foul on Havertz when Pepe pushed him into his own keeper. That would’ve stood in the Premier League.

Saka was spun around numerous times after getting his shirt pulled and the ref ignored it. Havertz got booked for doing the same.

He was giving Porto fouls for going down with a slight breeze while they were allowed to hack, hold, and foul from behind on almost every pass we received.

Then there’s the question of how the hell he only gave a total of 4!! Minutes of extra time in that game, when Porto wasted at least ten minutes each half rolling around faking injuries.

Gooner505

Another brilliant tactical adjustment by Porto.

Make no mistake, Pep and City would have seen this and taken notes.
Agreed, it was a fantastic tactic by Porto. Arteta has to come up with a counter. It completely took our high press out of the game.

My idea would be to play a higher line and make the field more compact so they can’t play long balls from the keeper all day, and our midfielders can push up more to help the press.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Watching the pens again, finest of margins with that first Raya save. Fingertips onto the post and then the rebound hits his leg - but luckily it's bent on just the right angle for the ball to go sideways. It was much more likely for it to rebound into the net. Arteta luck.
Even if it would go in off of Raya's legs/back, it wouldn't count as per the rules for penalty shootouts ET.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Even if it would go in off of Raya's legs/back, it wouldn't count as per the rules for penalty shootouts ET.
Wow, I have somehow missed this rule.

So it's different for penalty shootouts vs. penalty kicks? How would you explain the rule in short?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Gave up lol even yesterday’s game and the reaction to it. I’m happy we’re through and all but let’s just say I’m not as confident as what I’ve been reading on here and Twitter 🤐 the game was a reality check.
I think it goes two ways, either lights were too bright and a better team confidently dispatches OR Porto were just a really bad match up.

I’m leaning forwards the former but hoping the latter, even if the latter just seems a bit too convenient.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I think it goes two ways, either lights were too bright and a better team confidently dispatches OR Porto were just a really bad match up.

I’m leaning forwards the former but hoping the latter, even if the latter just seems a bit too convenient.

I’m also leaning towards the former tbh although I have to give Porto credit as they do look a good side.

There’s definitely a bit of inexperience in the side which is understandable considering this is the first time in the CL for many of them. Still when you size up the teams that remain in the competition how many would really be favourable match ups for us? The likes of PSG, Real Madrid, Inter etc would eat on the counter if we played like last night. City we’d have a chance as you never know what’ll happen in an English tie then you have Barcelona/BVB which I think are winnable. ETH beat those Barcelona frauds last season 😭

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Madrid best Leipzig by just 1 goal and should have lost to them, tbh... sometimes you just gotta win.

Think people are really underestimating this win, very good (mental) victory for Arsenal... didn't make any real defensive errors against them and our penalties were superb, very happy with this team right now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Madrid best Leipzig by just 1 goal and should have lost to them, tbh... sometimes you just gotta win.

Difference with Real Madrid though is they’ve got like 2 game changers in Vini Jr and Bellingham that can flip a tie in an instant. Leipzig were missing chance after chance then Vini Jr drags them through, same with Mbappe single-handedly bullying Sociedad. I guess our game changer is Arteta lol

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'd agree with you if we were just chugging by in the PL playing poorly and sitting third, but we've been imperious and smacked down Liverpool who are much better than Porto.

I’m also leaning towards the former tbh although I have to give Porto credit as they do look a good side.

There’s definitely a bit of inexperience in the side which is understandable considering this is the first time in the CL for many of them. Still when you size up the teams that remain in the competition how many would really be favourable match ups for us? The likes of PSG, Real Madrid, Inter etc would eat on the counter if we played like last night. City we’d have a chance as you never know what’ll happen in an English tie then you have Barcelona/BVB which I think are winnable. ETH beat those Barcelona frauds last season 😭

I actually want to draw one of the big boys now (aside from City), I just want to see where we're at amongst the European elite. Give me Bayern, Madrid, Barca, PSG - let's see we're our boys are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom