• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League: Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal [1] vs FC Porto [1] (4-2 pens) | Tuesday 12th March | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20240310-160437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240310-161344-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Porto

Screenshot-20240310-161743-Chrome.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
20240313_112836.jpg

... really was an emotional ride!

Mohamed7

Yeah Inter/Atleti I’m really worried about, they are probably the closest to Porto in terms of nullifying tactics. Maybe not as negative, but they are the type of team who can disrupt our game and punish us.

The other teams are more suited to our game, look to hold the ball and make the game themselves, like we do.

Massive respect to Porto though man, I really underestimated them. Tactically they not only frustrated us, but were able to get to our last line as well.
Absolutely.

I was extremely worried about Porto because of exactly what we've seen from them: utterly negative and disruptive tactics. However, I was taken aback by their mid-press yesterday. I had fully expected them to park the bus and hit us on the counter. Similarly, we didn't press their goalkeeper, choosing instead to block the passing lanes. This strategy gave us compactness to deal with counters and forced them to opt for long balls, which we handled quite easily.

I don't know if you felt the same, but I thought the atmosphere was too tense until we scored. It wasn’t what we usually see against big teams in the league. We were even out-sung by the traveling fans, for heaven's sake. Fortunately, after we scored, the fans were phenomenal—almost as if the belief suddenly surged within us.

Looking ahead, I’ve checked the fixture list, and we have "easy" league matches around the time of the quarter-finals. Should we progress to the semi-finals, those games will be sandwiched between trips to WHL and OT. Oh my goodness.

Mohamed7

If you'd told me we'd be here after that horrid 2 months from December 2020 through January 2021 that we'd be where we are 3 years later, I'd have called you a liar.

We've come leaps & bounds and it's a joy to behold.

I'm just at a loss of whom I should thank for this phenomenal turnaround. If only there was some individual to whom I could offer my appreciation...alas, we shall never know :lol:
Definately COVID. Arteta wouldn't have survived 20/21 if there were fans specially after that Villareal home performance. One shot on target the WHOLE game. FFS.

SteveEvets

We had Jesus, Partey, Tomiyasu, ESR and Zinchenko on the bench, they should all able to provide something from the bench. The problem is arteta is scared of taking players off, Trossard probably wouldn’t have even seen the pitch before extra time if Martinelli had been available.
I don't think Arteta was afraid to make subs, it's that those players haven't contributed anything meaningful in months because of injury. Good players, but I can't blame him for not wanting to throw them into a tense situation like that when they haven't had proper game time in so long. We saw Zinchenko come in for a few minutes and look miles off the pace, easily could have cost us on a counter or something. Could have easily seen Partey or Tomi get dispossessed or play a loose pass which cost us a goal.

These players will be massive for us if we are to win something, but they are going to have to get back up to speed over the next few weeks first.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Why no chance against Real? they werent that special tbf against Leipzig and struggeling the same as we did against Porto. Real will suit us much more then Porto does. and also PSG? whats the hype around them Mbappe thats it? and not afraid of Inter at all.
This. We shouldn’t be afraid of any team imo. The one we really don’t want is City.
Would LOVE Barca. It’s payback time babeh.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's wonderful to see that prick manager Conceicao cry, but the great additional bonus is that Mourinho cried himself to sleep also.

Confused Football GIF by MolaTV

And Havertz copying Wenger moves, lovely!

premier league epl GIF

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I didn't get a chance to watch this match today due to work but seeing the highlinghts & our penalty shoot out, how good of highlights & the full penalty shootout was great to watch. I'd say Raya is going to stay with us for the next few seasons now. Ramsdale is probably just as good but I don't think he'll get in ahead of Raya now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom