• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea - Monaco CL Semi final 2nd Leg

Aussie

Established Member
Sammer said:
To be perfectly honest, Monaco was lucky not to get thrashed in the 1st half.

Chelsea pulled off a superb performance in the 1st half - they played like against us, but were pretty unlucky not to score more than 2 goals. I am still impressed with their ability to combine agressiveness and pace. Chelsea playing like this is a hard-to-beat-team that´s for sure.

Of course, Chelsea lost it after the equalizer. I was really impressed with Jerome Rothen. The guy is brilliant: fast, technically impressive and being able to pass very accurately. Great player !

I do agree with you there. Chelsea were all over them and when they went 2-0 up i thought they were definatly through.

However you have to remember monaco did have to great chances as well in the first half which went very close to going in. Chelsea really do seem to panic in situations like this in some of the big games.

Soler

Established Member
Meanwhile:

To the tune of "This Is How It Feels" by the Inspiral Carpets

This is how it feels to be Chelsea,
This is how it feels to be small,
This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all,
Nothing at all

bobbypires

Established Member
Yesterday Pires commented the macth on Europe 1 and he did it quite well. He has a job when he retires. :D

afundell

all together...
carefree wherever they maybe
chelsea aint got no history
Lampard's fat
the rest are queer
And they aint won the league in 49 years!!!!

Havin seen Morientes last night I reaslly think he could do the job in the PL.Was a cracking header off the post and his link up play is sublime.

Was delighted Chelsea wenty out.Can't stand thec**ts.bye bye Ranieri :cry: :lol:

Aussie

Established Member
Morientes will cost us an arm and a league after his performamces in the champions league.

namliam

Morientes will cost us an arm and a league after his performamces in the champions league.

true that..but i still really hope by some miracle he comes to Arsenal..he really has been sublime..my player of the tournament by a mile...how Real must be crying now...just hope he is angry about being let off by Real and decides he just must join the best team in the world :D

Henry IV

I am so glad that Chelsea got their comeuppance. Oh Chelsea, you spent hundreds of millions and you won f**k all!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Sammer said:
To be perfectly honest, Monaco was lucky not to get thrashed in the 1st half.

Chelsea pulled off a superb performance in the 1st half - they played like against us, but were pretty unlucky not to score more than 2 goals. I am still impressed with their ability to combine agressiveness and pace. Chelsea playing like this is a hard-to-beat-team that´s for sure.

Of course, Chelsea lost it after the equalizer. I was really impressed with Jerome Rothen. The guy is brilliant: fast, technically impressive and being able to pass very accurately. Great player !

They did play well, but equally Monaco (morientes) should and could have had two goals by half time. Anyway, who cares right?

KoLo28

HAHAHA!!! I watched the replay after knowing the result and just sat there smiling as they were celebrating at two nil, and as the monaco goals came it turned into laughter!!

Leicster Home game : ARE YOU WATCHING, ARE YOU WATCHING CHELSEA!!!!!!!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
It's amazing what bad losers we are in this country, The Mirror is blaming Chelsea's exit on a "blatant handball" by Hugo Ibarra for Monaco's first goal. I never saw it and the ref would have had to have x-ray vision to see it IIRC!

AFCG7

Established Member
I dont think it was handball at all.. because the CHelsea players appealed doesnt mean it was even close..they'd try anything to avoid MOnaco scoring.. it hit the post and he chested it in .. that what i saw.. from a clearly biased perspective of course !

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom