• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea v Arsenal - EPL - Sun 7th Feb 2010 - 16:00

qs

Established Member
Nela said:
thegame24 said:
Please put big sol at the back and tv either at lb or alongside song and fabs if diaby is out.
And I was so sure everyone was going to laugh at my idea of putting Vermaelen at LB in the other thread.

Vermaelen--Sol--Gallas--Sagna

That actually looks like a backline of real defenders, all of whom have some physicality and can head the ball.

I was thinking the same sort of idea earlier only with Gallas at LB.

Then I started wondering why did Gallas hate playing left back so much when he loves to go forward?

Either way the very last thing I'd do to our defence is take TV out of the middle of it. But Sol is more disciplined than the other 2 and when he's in he organises the defence better too. Plus Gael looks way off full fitness.

We all know its not going to happen though.

Glovegun

Established Member
We arent as good as the big boys. Simple as. I'd almost accept a defeat as long as it isnt too humiliating.

Forget this one and concentrate on beating the relegation fodder.

dyeruz

Established Member
TOPG said:
We definetly need Abou Diaby for this one. Chelsea midfield is too strong. Diaby's physical presence could help us in this one.
Having Diaby doesn't help unless we know what the **** we're doing going forward with a proper center forward and knowing what in god's name we're doing at the back because Ashley Cole, Drogba, Lampard will tear us a new one if we play like this again

Nela

Established Member
------------Whoever------------
--Sagna-Gallas-Sol-Vermaelen--
--------------Song---------------
----Fabregas-----Diaby------
Eboue----------------Arshavin-
----------Bendtner-----------

We need to play a strong tactical and defensive game.

If Clichy plays, he will be targeted and rightly so, he's been very poor. Stick Sol in with Gallas and shift Vermaelen to LB and our backline immidiately looks like a backline of real defenders with physcially and aerially strong players.

Bendter will obviously give us a much needed focal point. With Eboue and Arshavin wide, you get a much more direct game with players who can actually dribble and carry the ball forward at pace rather than looking to pass it backwards. Plus we need Eboue to track Cole.

No more tippy-tappy play from Nasri and Rosicky.

nazo

Established Member
Law of averages says there will come a time when he doesn't score against us. Hopefully, tomorrow is that time. /awkwardcomment

Keep the backline as it is, but for the love of god, there's no freaking need for every single one of the defenders to bomb up unless we're 1-0 down late in the game. If we concede early we just have to stay calm and build our play and gain some momentum. The gung ho style of play won't get us far.

If Diaby isn't back, move Nasri back into Denilson's position because Denilson sucks and Nasri isn't a winger. Start Bendtner and move Arshavin to the left or right. Then the other wing is for Rosicky whoever else is alive. I'm tempted say Eboue could start on the right actually.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I see a lot of people are removing Clichy from their lineups.

Its not about that at all. We need to SCORE early to destabalise Chelsea and all absorb and counter strategies against us. The sooner we get teams to abandon the park the bus and counter our high line the better. The sooner we score the further back our last line stays.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
famous no 10 said:
I thought we had a chance with this one until the mancs brought me crashing back to reality.

Almunia in goal? Denilson? Clichy playing the way he is? No striker worth talking about? No chance.

Sad but true methinks, we are gunner get a whupping with the three stooges playing..

Nela

Established Member
Removing Clichy is about wanting to improve defensively. And besides, it's not as if he adds much to our attack anyway. Vermaelen would probably add more going forward from the left-back position than Clichy. He can cross and is a much bigger goal threat.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd love for Big Sol to start this but surely Wenger won't disrupt the Gallas/TV partnership.

awooga83

Established Member
We could get a result but I think our big game nerves and naivety will strike again. The most disappointing thing will be after losing to Chelsea last time we were so far back we looked out of it and would have expected to still be a similar distance behind them next time we play. The truth is we almost are but we have got back to them and fallen away thats really poor.

IBL

Established Member
Last chance saloon.

Diaby back and Clichy, Nasri and Bendtner with a weeks more fitness I think we have a chance of getting all three points.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Nela said:
Removing Clichy is about wanting to improve defensively. And besides, it's not as if he adds much to our attack anyway. Vermaelen would probably add more going forward from the left-back position than Clichy. He can cross and is a much bigger goal threat.

Removing Clichy wont change anything. The team is still instructed to push the defensive line as high as possible, and what makes this even more crazy is that we wont even be down in the match yet be taking such risks against clinical opposition.

Change the ALL attack at all costs approach, get in someone clinical upfront. This will make a difference.

flobaba

From the v ManUtd thread:

Flobaba predicted:

As I said, we'll take this one. Keeping Rooney and Giggs quiet is the key. Which of course is Easier said than done. 3-1 to the Arsenal...
I'm sure the lads will be up for it.

This time, I think We'll lose. 3-1. The lads will be depressed and we shore won't be able to keep Drogba quiet. :wink:

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I'd play Sol on drogba, dunno why, nobody else can stop him this might work...
Or is this just nihilism coming out of me.
I'd honestly play Gibbs if he was available, this way I don't know...
Sagna can't even try to cross once, who can catch those crosses v chelski?
he should really take care of the back.
I'd play Vito on goal, he did quite good if not awsome in few games. What can he do that worse what Manny already did this season or that Manny would do in this game?
I don't want to see Deni nowhere near the team, play whoever just not that lazy worthless whatever you want to call him.
TBH so far this season only Cesc, Ramsey, Vermaelen and maybe Gallas didn't dissapoint, Robin also but he can't play.

Nasri, wtf is with him, shadow of a player he hoped he can be.
Shava also seems to have sink into our level and doesn't lead by example. He does but way too often.
Dudu, Walcott did well before witch hunt and NT getting kicked out of World Cup (Dudu), injury for NT in late 2008 (Theo). Theo looked like world beater before that and Eduardo looked much better last season when he was in and out of injuries than he does now.
Rosicky, sometimes during game he is playing I forget he has even recovered from injury...

All that compared to chelski and the way those ****s play I can't see anything but awful result...
And I made myself sad again. Off to watch mythbusters and to sleep.
Lets hope something magical out of this world happens until now and final whistle against chelski, cause otherwise, well it will be bad.
I feel really sorry for all of you that have to see mancs and chavs tomorrow at work/school etc.
Forever Arsenal!!!

xcdude24

Established Member
Between the price of the ticket and booking fees, this one came out to almost 50 pounds. It's not that much in relative terms, considering I pay more for northern aways if you include travel costs, but it's a ton of ****ing money. I'm not the only person that paid that money- in fact, every single person sitting in upper tier did, and i'm sure people that bought tickets off touts for paid two or three times more.

Here's what i'm getting at: the title's over, and there's a lot of people going to this one who deserve a performance from our boys. The only thing we have left to play for is pride. This means absolutely ****ting on City when they visit in Arpil, beating Tottenham at the lane, and winning this one. Why does this one still mean a ton for me?

Aside from one or two fluke results(last year, for example), Chelsea have made us their ***** for the last few seasons, both in head-to-head matches and in the results table. We can't really do anything about the results table, but I would love nothing more to do to them next week what United did to us today. I hate Cole, I hate Drogba, I hate Terry, I hate Lampard. And that's just their players. Seriously, as supporters, we've put up with a lot of bullshit for the last few seasons. The players owe us a committed performance next Sunday.

Del Boy

Established Member
I'm not usually a formation man but I'd love to see:

Fabianski

Sagna
Campbell
Gallas
Traore

Vermaelen
Song
Fabregas

Arshavin
Bendtner
Rosicky

Now before anyone lays into me:

- Clichy does not look fit enough at present. These games are taking their toll. Cast your mind back to the previous Chelsea game and Traore was very good.

- Almunia needs to go.

- The front 3 is a good mix.

- Campbell will be well up for Drogba IMO.

- With Vermaelen in midfield, we will not get bullied that is for certain.

With Wenger, that is all unrealistic. But if he removed the players who are being destroyed lately, then we would see a team like that.

Del Boy

Established Member
Accomplished said:
it feels that this is a week away, surely that's enough time to pick ourselves up?

I think the damage done today will be very hard to recover from. This is going to be a long week.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom