• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Hamburger SV | 21/11/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
GlasGreenGunner said:
RockyRocastle said:
GlasGreenGunner said:
Brilliant mate.

Do you do stand up ? ;)

Glad you find it so funny. You are either an Celtic supporter or an Arsenal one, you cant be both.

I bet you are the type of person that would wear one of those half and half scarfes if we ever played you.

Another plastic football supporter hijacking the word gooner.

Well ok then, just for you.
I am a Celtic 'supporter' and an Arsenal 'fan'.
Now I take that to mean that I go to support Celtic, and quite fervently at that, whereas now from afar I like seeing the Arsenal win, and love seeing them do it too. (Yes even against Barca last season which would at that point have been to the detriment of Celtic as far as Champions League qualification was concerned).

Just to clarify as well, my football shirts are bought from the clubs and not high street stores either, and have bought Celtic and Arsenal shirts almost once a year since I was about 15. (Obviously not always from the clubs as back then not all clubs had their own shops).

I do have a half and half scarf purchased at a 'friendly'.
In fact it was Paul Davies testimonial, though I did buy another one when Arsenal came to Celtic Park in 1996 and Celtic won 2-1.
But let's be clear mate, Celtic v Arsenal is a no contest to me, as much as I love watching Arsenal and seeing them win (a fan you may call it :wink: ) I would want Celtic to win as much as I did the other night.
If we were in the group stages I would obviously prefer that both went through, with Arsenal having 6 points less than Celtic.
And although I suggested it earlier, I wouldn't actually wear the half n' half scarf to a competetive fixture between the two.

As for 'hijacking' the word gooner.
Away and lighten up mate.
I don't particularly care about the word gooner as a title, in the same way I am not bothered about being termed as a Bhoy.
It means nothing.

Now, can I apologise to the 'Gooners' on here for what may appear to be a 'hijacking' of this thread.
I hope you can understand the reason for the retaliation to a very ignorant view (his opinion he will likely say I suppose :roll: ) of a club he hasn't seen playing more than a couple of times.

I stand by my original point though, and in my continuation to be a 'fan' of Arsenal do not think that the 'gooners' should fear any of the teams in the competition.
Everyone is beatable, and anything can happen on the night.
That is one of the reasons why we love the game is it not ?

why do you even care about what 'rockyrocastle' thinks?

stiiphunn

Established Member
I don't see why you couldn't support two teams anyway? As long as they don't play against each other on a regular basis, there's no problem..
I've always liked Monaco ( Wenger, Thierry, Petit, etc.. )as I used to live in Nice, but 4/5 years ago I watched some Arsenal games and became crazy about that team.. and always will be!
There are things that you can't explain, and supporting this team instead of supporting that team is one of them..

Dennis10

RockyRocastle said:
GlasGreenGunner said:
Brilliant mate.

Do you do stand up ? ;)

Glad you find it so funny. You are either an Celtic supporter or an Arsenal one, you cant be both.

I bet you are the type of person that would wear one of those half and half scarfes if we ever played you.

Another plastic football supporter hijacking the word gooner.

Is he a plastic supporter because he likes two teams from Great Britain? See, I'm from Norway and I like Rosenborg, although not nearly as much as I like Arsenal. Does this mean I'm a plastic supporter as well?

I've never considered myself as one of the real gooners. For instance I don't feel the rivalry against Tottenham particulary strong, but I do see every single game, and I fly over to London as often as I can. Arsenal should be happy for all its supporters. Not only the hardcore ones.

marco

stiiphunn said:
I don't see why you couldn't support two teams anyway? As long as they don't play against each other on a regular basis, there's no problem..
I've always liked Monaco ( Wenger, Thierry, Petit, etc.. )as I used to live in Nice, but 4/5 years ago I watched some Arsenal games and became crazy about that team.. and always will be!
There are things that you can't explain, and supporting this team instead of supporting that team is one of them..

How can you support 2 teams.

You suport 1 team 1 team only, you might like other teams and hope they progress for various reasons but you dont support them.
even in different countries.

You cant really be a celtic fan and an arsenal fan.
you might watch arsenal games etc but your not a gooner as your first love is celtic

RockyRocastle

Established Member
There are games out there where you will want Arsenal to lose.

You cannot claim to support a team when there are occasions where you will want them to lose. Seems obvious to me.

You can admire them, take an interest in them - but support them?

I just dont understand the mentality of people who say they have two teams.

Arsenal means the world to me, the thought that I could ever have feelings for another team seems madness.

Each to their own I suppose though.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom