• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Hamburger SV | 21/11/06

Feis-al

vin de guerre said:
I was starting to doubt the value of Eboue last night and was not very impressed with Clichy for that matter either. The lack of quality crosses from both was frustrating to say the least. There was one point where Eboue was caught right out of position and so led to to a dangerous situation. Mad Jens had right go at him after that!
But at the end of the day EE came up with the perfect cross/shot that if it had not made an ass out of their goalie would have been planted in the net by Titi.
Overall just relieved we got over this hurdle and await an eventful game in Portugal!

Not sure about that. At this moment, he looks like his legs have done a Madrid-Ronaldo.

lagos

Established Member
Feis-al said:
nidza7 said:
We`ll trash Lyon easy.

:lol:

I thought putting them in that way people will kin dof get the idea. They are a team YOU/WE don't need in the knockout stages. If you have watched them play, you will understand that they have not lost yet and they field almost two teams which always find results. They have so far one of the best defences so, justthink really really hard if you want to meet them this early.

underestimate Lyon at your peril

RockyRocastle

Established Member
GlasGreenGunner said:
RockyRocastle said:
GlasGreenGunner said:
Alfonso said:
Im actually thinking finishing 2nd now is better than finishing 1st. Why?

Well, if we finish 2nd these are the teams we are most likely to face-

Valenica(good team, nothing special)
Lyon(Good team, but our french connection will be an advantage to us)
AC Milan(worst Milan side in 10 years)
Bayern Munich(average Bayern side)
Celtic(Just a rich man's Bolton)
Chelsea(we wont face them because of English rule)
Liverpool(same as above)

If we finish 1st we could face-

Roma(prob the best footballing side in Europe at the moment-Totti is back)
Real Madrid(Best Real side since 03, Cappelo has given them steel, Diarra, Cannavaro and Ruud have been great signings)
Barcelona(European Champions.Enuf said).
Inter(Just look at their squad. Won 7 in a row)
Man Utd(Wont face them cos of English rule)
PSV(An underrated side)
Lille/Anderlect(The easiest draw of the round for whoever gets them).

So finishing 2nd is better than finishing 1st,

Nothing like talking out your arse is there ?
With the team Arsenal have got they should fear nobody.

As a supporter of "Rich Man's Bolton" (typical uneducated know nothing view) first and foremost (i.e. just before the Gunners) I know I certainly don't fear meeting any team in this competition.

How does this work then?

So if Arsenal play Celtic you will want Arsenal to lose?

Why do so many Celtic supporters feel the need to latch onto English teams? Cant you just be satisfied with following one team?

I'm know I don't actually need to tell you all this information anyway.
But who knows, it may turn out that I have actually been a Gooner for longer than you have, and that might just stick in your craw.

But you're not a gooner, your a Celtic supporter.

Feis-al

I believe that is precisely what am saying. Look at yesterday before they decided to relax, they had already scored 2 goals against Madrid with Carew making Carnavaro looking like Cygan.

illmatik

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Liverpool(same as above)

Real Madrid(Best Real side since 03, Cappelo has given them steel, Diarra, Cannavaro and Ruud have been great signings)
PSV(An underrated side)

are you kidding me..first off, id NEVER wanna face lyon..they are the best team in the world at the moment and are very powerful..thats my worst fear in the cl so far
second, real madrid hasnt been THAT great this year...cannavaro hasnt been playing well...its just been ruud and diarra
and thrid, id be happy to see arsenal destroy barcelona :D

Alfonso

Established Member
Guys, i think if we draw with Porto and CSKA beat Hamburg we will be second in the group as goal difference comes into account between the three teams. So effectively Clockwork Orange is wrong in saying we will be top if we draw. And Porto have the superior goal difference than us, so they will finish first.

Porto will have a goal-difference of +2 from these 4 games; we will have a goal-difference of +1 and Moscow will have a goal-difference of -1.

If in the group stage of the Champions League two or more teams finish equal on points after all the group matches have been played, the following criteria are applied to determine the group rankings:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches between the teams in question
2. Superior goal difference from the matches between the teams in question

But what happens if we draw with Porto, and CSKA fail to beat Hamburg? Then i think we will be top as we have a better head to head record with Porto.

:lol:

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
This is the last time I'll explain.

If HSV loose v CSKA. CSKA, Porto & we finish with 11 points. Decider: all matches between tied clubs

Porto - CSKA 0-0
Arsenal - Porto 2-0
CSKA - Arsenal 1-0
Arsenal - CSKA 0-0
CSKA - Porto 0-2
Porto - Arsenal draw

adds up to

Arsenal 5 points gd +1 (won 2-0 lost 0-1 2 draws)
Porto 5 +0 (won 2-0 lost 0-2 2 draws)
CSKA 5 -1 (won 1-0 lost 0-2 2 draws)

we top group.

if CSKA don't win at HSV, a draw v Porto will be enough too, since we won v them at Emirates.

Alfonso

Established Member
qs said:
Criticise them all you like but they have a European Cup and we dont. They also have passionate support and a rich history to their club. Celtic are one of the great European clubs no matter what you currently think of them. If they were allowed into English football they'd be a huge threat to us and our CL campaign every year. The fact that theyve reached the last 16 of the CL a game quicker than us despite being in a tougher group and coming from a s**t league is a tribute to them.

When i said rich man's Bolton, i meant their playing style not their history. Of course they are a big club. Bigger than us? I dont think so. So what if they have one more European Cup than us. This year is the first time they ever reached the last 16 of the Champions League . That says it all really. Who was the last World Class player to play for Celtic? Nottingham Forrest have more European Cup's than Celtic, does this mean we should fear them as well?

GlasGreenGunner

But you're not a gooner, your a Celtic supporter

What is your point ?
Nothing says I have to support the Gunners.
I choose to support them, albeit from afar.

Don't see what your problem is really.
And not ALL Celtic fans have a second team.
In fact more often than not it's Celtic first, last and always.

I just happen to have an affinity for a team who gave me a chance I couldn't take (or rather wasn't good enough to take).
No harm done, and it certainly doesn't make me less of a Celtic fan for it either.

So away and dry your eyes.

Alfonso.
Last Celtic player who was World Class ?
Remember the guy who changed the Champions League final last season (sadly).
What was his name again ? :idea:

And if you think Celtic play like Bolton, then you really have seen nothing of them in the last two seasons have you ?[/quote]

Why do I keep biting to these guys comments ? :roll:

RockyRocastle

Established Member
GlasGreenGunner said:
But you're not a gooner, your a Celtic supporter

What is your point ?
Nothing says I have to support the Gunners.
I choose to support them, albeit from afar.

Don't see what your problem is really.
And not ALL Celtic fans have a second team.
In fact more often than not it's Celtic first, last and always.

I just happen to have an affinity for a team who gave me a chance I couldn't take (or rather wasn't good enough to take).
No harm done, and it certainly doesn't make me less of a Celtic fan for it either.

So away and dry your eyes.

Alfonso.
Last Celtic player who was World Class ?
Remember the guy who changed the Champions League final last season (sadly).
What was his name again ? :idea:

And if you think Celtic play like Bolton, then you really have seen nothing of them in the last two seasons have you ?

Why do I keep biting to these guys comments ? :roll:[/quote]

Fine, you have an affinity with Arsenal.

But you are not a gooner.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:
If we don't score before half time it's goodbye CL. And we won't score because Wenger's tactical masterplan has us wasting our 3 best players.

Oh dear....

Oh dear what child?

I was assuming he'd keep playing 4-5-1. You quote but you don't read.

I read it and took note of what you wrote about wenger's masterplan. It's precisely because you assumed Wenger would keep with the 4-5-1, and more importantly because you thought we wouldn't score, that i said, 'oh dear'. It's like you know better than Wenger.

Anyway, I agree with you about this 4-4-2. If we play with this formation (but with heart and determination and grit) we can win at the reebok.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
GlasGreenGunner said:
Brilliant mate.

Do you do stand up ? ;)

Glad you find it so funny. You are either an Celtic supporter or an Arsenal one, you cant be both.

I bet you are the type of person that would wear one of those half and half scarfes if we ever played you.

Another plastic football supporter hijacking the word gooner.

Tony Montana

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
GlasGreenGunner said:
Brilliant mate.

Do you do stand up ? ;)

Glad you find it so funny. You are either an Celtic supporter or an Arsenal one, you cant be both.

I bet you are the type of person that would wear one of those half and half scarfes if we ever played you.

He does wear Arsenal badges on his scarf if I remember correctly. He will have to confirm.

You can't begrudge him having an affinity with the Arsenal though. He's a nice guy on here too.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
illmatik said:
Alfonso said:

Liverpool(same as above)

PSV(An underrated side)

are you kidding me..first off, id NEVER wanna face lyon..they are the best team in the world at the moment and are very powerful..thats my worst fear in the cl so far
second, real madrid hasnt been THAT great this year...cannavaro hasnt been playing well...its just been ruud and diarra
and thrid, id be happy to see arsenal destroy barcelona :D

why man utd and not benfica? why barca and not werder? why roma and not shaktah? c'mon nothing is confirmed. but i won't fancy meeting bayern again.

GlasGreenGunner

RockyRocastle said:
GlasGreenGunner said:
Brilliant mate.

Do you do stand up ? ;)

Well ok then, just for you.
I am a Celtic 'supporter' and an Arsenal 'fan'.
Now I take that to mean that I go to support Celtic, and quite fervently at that, whereas now from afar I like seeing the Arsenal win, and love seeing them do it too. (Yes even against Barca last season which would at that point have been to the detriment of Celtic as far as Champions League qualification was concerned).

Just to clarify as well, my football shirts are bought from the clubs and not high street stores either, and have bought Celtic and Arsenal shirts almost once a year since I was about 15. (Obviously not always from the clubs as back then not all clubs had their own shops).

I do have a half and half scarf purchased at a 'friendly'.
In fact it was Paul Davies testimonial, though I did buy another one when Arsenal came to Celtic Park in 1996 and Celtic won 2-1.
But let's be clear mate, Celtic v Arsenal is a no contest to me, as much as I love watching Arsenal and seeing them win (a fan you may call it :wink: ) I would want Celtic to win as much as I did the other night.
If we were in the group stages I would obviously prefer that both went through, with Arsenal having 6 points less than Celtic.
And although I suggested it earlier, I wouldn't actually wear the half n' half scarf to a competetive fixture between the two.

As for 'hijacking' the word gooner.
Away and lighten up mate.
I don't particularly care about the word gooner as a title, in the same way I am not bothered about being termed as a Bhoy.
It means nothing.

Now, can I apologise to the 'Gooners' on here for what may appear to be a 'hijacking' of this thread.
I hope you can understand the reason for the retaliation to a very ignorant view (his opinion he will likely say I suppose :roll: ) of a club he hasn't seen playing more than a couple of times.

I stand by my original point though, and in my continuation to be a 'fan' of Arsenal do not think that the 'gooners' should fear any of the teams in the competition.
Everyone is beatable, and anything can happen on the night.
That is one of the reasons why we love the game is it not ?

kanooo

I'm plseased with Eboue's goal. I'm not quite sure what was his intention then (trying to shoot or cross). But if he did try to shoot no matter what, that is exactly what we need to do often, IMO. If it's getting too tight to score, just try to whack it and who knows? Don't be afraid to shoot often. There might be a goal. Forgive me if I sound silly but that's how I see it.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom