• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 14/09/04

jeromelee

Pires doesn't play well on the right. Santini used to try him there and he's a little unused to it. Doesn't seem to have the edge like he is on LM. I think it would make more sense to play JP on the right instead of Pires.

Pires can be used as a sub sometime in the 2nd half to replace Bergy. Reyes to move into Bergy's position and Pires to take over the LM.

Guns and Arses

I think Reyes will start on LW.
Lineup:

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cygan Cole
Ljungberg(or Pennant if FL's injured) Vieira Gilberto Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

My prediction: 2-1
Reyes will score first, PSV to get the equaliser and then Pires comes out and makes it 2-1.

It may be 3-1, but I think we will concede a goal. I expect a win.

lewdikris

Established Member
As long as Reyes starts the rest is relatively unimportant - Bergy, Pires, Freddie, one of them drops out, but it's still brilliance all over. But Reyes is giving us our momentum at the moment, so must play.

Jinn

Established Member
You play your best player in his best position, hence Reyes on the left instead of Bobby. He'll drive the tempo for us - and Bergkamp will have something to prove in his last shot at CL glory.

3-1 Arsenal.

pome

reyes on the left with either bob or jp on the right, hope we can get an early lead like we did before

Adam

Established Member
Reyes to play at LM unless Bergkamp is tired. Bobby will prove himself as he does - eventually. Last season it worked.

Edu/Fabregas might replace Gilberto. Pennant might replace Ljungberg.

A

Anonymous

westo said:
I reckon 3-0 i can't see PSV scoring without Kezman.

Uhm... wait a second westo... Since Kezman is playing overseas I make the goals now. 4 games, 4 big ones. Look forwards tonight to the long tall man with the long tall name:

psvhome0102back.jpg

:)

Arjan

sorry to inform you, but you made a mistake in your username.....
Vennegoor of hesselinK, not with a G......

ooh and scoring against RBC is something different then scoring against Arsenal.....

efurze

Wenger said Freddie's injury was very minor. I would expect him to start. If not then I'd hope for Pires at LM and Reyes at RM as Reyes doesn't seem any less effective on the right.

bobbypires

Established Member
Reyes will start. It'd have had no sense that he didn't start at Craven Cottage.

My prediction: 3-1
Henry, Reyes & Pires

A

Anonymous

Arjan said:
sorry to inform you, but you made a mistake in your username.....
Vennegoor of hesselinK, not with a G......

ooh and scoring against RBC is something different then scoring against Arsenal.....

The name with the "k" at the end was allready taken by another forum-user.
It's only RKC??? You must be a dutch.
The (former) PSV-players Kezman, Romario, Gullit, Ronaldo, Zenden, Cocu, Robben, Stam, van Nistelrooy etc...etc... all scored against RKC in the past, but they also score in Europe great goals! And so will I, Jantje Vennegoor of Hesselink tonight in the 90. minute (0-1)

63954_296_1095145274071-ArsenalTraining3853.jpg

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink with the training session at Highbury Stadium

Aussie

Established Member
Do any Aussie's know if the game is on the radio. Im not to keen on getting up at 4am to find out it aint on.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom