• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs PSV Eindhoven | 14/09/04

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
tbbosa said:
Jens

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pires Vieira Gilberto/Cesc Reyes

Henry Bergkamp

Wouldn't it be great if we could field twelve men? :lol:

I think Gilberto will start with Paddy, we need these two defensive players to free up Reyes and Pires if both start, and I hope they do.

Sammer

Established Member
Yeah,

it´s more likely Gilberto will start in order to minimize the risk, which you always have in the CL.

KingReyes

Established Member
afrodizzy said:
Freddy will be missing according to the evening standard:

Meanwhile, Freddie Ljungberg is losing his battle to be fit for tonight. The Swede has been undergoing intensive treatment for a back injury and, although there has been some improvement, it is unlikely that he will start the game.

Could be a chance for Pennant to shine, OR putting both Reyes and Pires on the wings, with Bergy and Henry up front.

efurze

Is the Evening Standard a real paper? The only actual quotes I've read claim that the injury is very minor.

pete66

There's been much talk about how Reyes has gotta start but I'm picking Henry to play exceptionally well, I mean, let's be honest here, he's gone a whole game without scoring so he'll be super hungry!

tbbosa

OneteaminLondon said:
tbbosa said:
Jens

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Henry Bergkamp

I thought the back slash in between (Giberto/Cesc) would mean either of the two players. Definately Not everyone is as clever as you mate!.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
tbbosa said:
OneteaminLondon said:
tbbosa said:
Jens

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Henry Bergkamp

I thought the back slash in between (Giberto/Cesc) would mean either of the two players. Definately Not everyone is as clever as you mate!.

Yes but Arsène has to pick one, doesn't he? Our formation tonight is not gonna be

Reyes Gilberto/ Cesc Vieira Pires

is it? :p

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jens

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pires Vieira Gilberto Reyes

Henry Bergkamp

3:0

If Pennant is going to play, i really hope he can do better that he did against fulham. He was too predictable... i think he needs to improve his confidence...

Good news from skysports news.. Campbell is back on training...!!! :p it did not say anything whether he can play or not against psv though...

cygan is very good, but i think he is very easy to get nervous... once he made a mistake he becomes shaky... that's one of the reason why he is not very stable i guess

afrodizzy

Given the start of last year's CL campaign were we lost 3 -0 to Inter Milan, I think AW is gooner be cautious will not experiment with the youth we will probably see Reyes startin out on the right & inter-changing positions with Booby on the left during play giving hell to PSV's defence.

Probably Pires will make way for JP in the 2nd half with Reyes switching to his left wide position. Bergkamp will play, AW will probably capitalise on his current form & the fact that he will not travel for the return league. Cesc will probably be given a role later in the 2nd half with PV4 not really gained match sharpness.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom