• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Villarreal | 19/04/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I think with the right concentration, focus and belief that we've demonstarted in the last two months we should not fear anyone, I don't give a flying **** who they are!!

Ricky_AFC

I'm confident we'll beat them. But i really don't like it this way, being favourites and all. If we underestimate them we will be punished but Wenger is too wise to let it go that way.

C'MON ARSENAL

Legend#1

Established Member
Villarreal have scored 8 goals in this years CL, and have only won 3 games.

This means they have a great defence.

Considering our defensive record, it'll be our attack vs their defence.

Riquelme is the man, Gilberto will have to be on top of his game.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Legend#1 said:

no offence, but we have conceded 2 goals in 10 matches in the CL... they conceded 2 in 2 v. Inter... i hardly think it will be their defence v. our offence... it will be Riquelme & Forlan v. Arsenal...

Legend#1

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Legend#1 said:

no offence, but we have conceded 2 goals in 10 matches in the CL... they conceded 2 in 2 v. Inter... i hardly think it will be their defence v. our offence... it will be Riquelme & Forlan v. Arsenal...

I meant that, we'll be in the assendancy (sp)

But agreed..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
true... we have many more weapons than they do, but also have a currently performing defence that is better than them too... there is always one or 2 key players to nullify in each team... we seem to have 4 or 5... Real was ZZ and Ronaldo... Juve had Zlatan & Nedved (well, i guess Trez too).. Villareal will have Riquelme & Forlan... we have Henry, Reyes, Hleb, Cesc, Pires, RvP, etc....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
how in the hell have we kept clean sheets in 8 straight matches with the makeshift defence we have had to come up with?? wow.. Eboue has been like a God-send and Flamini has done better than ANYONE has imagined so far...

adjie

USArsenal said:
how in the hell have we kept clean sheets in 8 straight matches with the makeshift defence we have had to come up with?? wow.. Eboue has been like a God-send and Flamini has done better than ANYONE has imagined so far...

Two thumbs up for all back four plus Mad Jens.
Don't forget the also Gilberto, despite his passing
and attacking quality, has show his defensive capability.

Actually, I was the one that hope Sol can be back to line up,
but with solid partnership between Kolo and Phil, seems
no chance for him, except some get injured or Arsène wants
to rotate few players in Pompey game.

mattb

their deffence will be ripped to shreds by henry i can see quite a few goals over the two legs

kel varnsen

Established Member
villareal is a an average side and we'll beat them without even breaking a sweat. we'll definately win at home and worst case scenario in spain will be a draw.

adjie

Too bad we can't have Reyes for 1st leg.
His speed dan dribbling pace can be very effective
to exploit any hole in Villareal defence.

But I believe we have big chance to progress. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom