• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meek

i know all you gunners are upset still (myself included) but what is the point in continoulsly complaining. barca are not to blame. the ref is. he was ****. a loser. didnt even make the world cup as a ref. as a matter of fact fifa president sepp blatter blasted him today on bbc radio. doesnt change anything, which is the point im trying to make. lets all look forward to watching our respective teams at the world cup, whilst keeping a close eye on our arsenal players hoping their perform well and not sustaining any major injuries. and then lets look forward to a new era in arsenal fc. up the gunners!!! and thanks henry for pledging your future to the club.

Captain

Established Member
fanatic gooner said:
Having lost one man earlier Wenger should make substitutions earlier in order to refresh the team and change the shape of our defence. Henry forced him to make subs.

Henry didn't force him to make substitutions.

He shouldn't have changed anything earlier; we were 1-0 up until the 75th minute, so we were handling Barca well.

We had already used a substitution to bring almunia in and wasting substitutions earlier Wenger made them could have been detrimental if we had to go to extra time or someone got injured (which was quite likely from the way that we were being tackled).

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Dont know why these Sp**s Fans are getting so excited. They will never see there team in a Champions League final as long as they are alive.

cubbz_th14

Viper said:
pha2er said:
Dontcryplease said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: DON´T CRY PLEASE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
you annoying little runt.
how does it feel to know the best player in the world turned you down to stay at such a small club? i bet that hurts your arrogant little hearts doesnt it, you c**t.
Arsenal aren't a small club.

agreed we aint small, but considering our budget for spending we are smaller that many on the map - considering we are to pay titi 130 a week and as Jinn as pointed out in the 'henry to stay' thread ashley may be paid 80 a week its a a big deal - although with the move to the grove finances will greatly improve ... mate, we'r on the up up up :D im going for a pint inabit ..this is terrific :!:

Jess

Hit by bottle - Thanks for help

About one hour after the game I was hit by a broken glass bottle in the streets outside Gare du nord. It hit the back of my foot and there was blood everywhere.
I was taken in ambulance to a hospital, had to wait 5 hrs to see a doctor and was then taken to another hospital for surgery. I had 3 hrs surgery yesterday in Paris, and flew back to Sweden this morning. My achilles tendon is 70% ripped, in a 2 cm deep cut. I've got plaster all over my leg and foot, which I will be stuck with for 3 months.

Anyway, I dont know if any of yous were there...but there were so many gooners there who helped me stopping the bleeding, getting me a chair to sit on, calmed me down and so on. I never got a chance to say thanks (I dont think I did anyway, was in some state). So I just wanted to send a million thanks to all the people who helped me.

I cant believe we lost :(

Uri

i just watched the final again.
did anyone else noticed the when the ref (that ****ing ****ing ref) showed Oleguer his yellow card he has counted to 3 ?
(with his hand, I'm not imagining it)
(since it was the 3rd time he did that kind of foul on Freddie...)
Morning ref, why did you not show him a yellow the previous time ?

this kind of games is a good reason for not linking football these days.

next time they play, i will support chealse.
i will ****ing support chelsea.

Barça o muerte

hi gunners. is the first time i pass here after the final... i have had a party of two days...I have no voice and i can't move anymore...but i come here to congratulate you for your great match, seriously. you were a very good enemy, and i wish your bests in youleague, cause in europe we will continue winning (i hope...).

Finally, i wanna congratulate you for the continuing of henry in your club, is the best for you.

nothing more, just congratulate you again :wink:

Tony Montana

Established Member
Captain said:
The offside rule applies when the ball is played; therefore when the ball leaves Larssons boot, not when he recieves it (as in the picture above).

It was off-side, Skysports showed it. s**t happens.

I thought it left the boot as soon as he touched it? It was one of those one touch passes.

Anyway, Tegh's right, we should just leave it. I just don't was us to lie to ourselves that's all.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Barça o muerte said:
hi gunners. is the first time i pass here after the final... i have had a party of two days...I have no voice and i can't move anymore...but i come here to congratulate you for your great match, seriously. you were a very good enemy, and i wish your bests in youleague, cause in europe we will continue winning (i hope...).

Finally, i wanna congratulate you for the continuing of henry in your club, is the best for you.

Thanks. Well done Barca (apart from the diving....and yes I know Eboue dived too).

Tegh

Established Member
Barça o muerte said:

I wasn't expecting a post like that from you, after some of the rubbish you posted before the game. Thank you, and well played.

ibr80

AFCFan4Ever said:
ibr80 said:
I just want to say a few words with regards to the game and and the ref.

I have to say that the game looked like it was heading for a classic until the Lehman red card that killed it.
I truly cannot beleive that you gys thought the ref helped barca, to spanish press and fans we thought we were ripped of by the ref decision and i will tell you why...

First Off Barca should have been given the goal and left Lehman on the pitch. So right off the bat barca had a legal clear goal taken away from them , and the ref admited he had made a mistake on TV.

Then Arsenal score off a foul the was totally and completly a dive from the Arsenal player.

So lets recap so far barca had a goal taken away and one given to Arsenal that should not have happened. What would have happend if barca was leading and not the other way around. We suffered for 70 + minutes because the ref decided to take a goal away from us and give you a foul that didnt exist to you guys causing the only goal Arsenal scored.

And there is nothing to be proud about if your an arsenal fan. you were winning cause of the ref and you parked the bus in front of the goal only to concede two goals in 4 minutes. many teams this year have defended results in that fashion against barca one being Malaga FC who is now in spanish second division. barca played bad and Arsenal Played worse but please dont blame the ref, cause he helped you guys.

now I hear that etoo is offside on the first goal and i havent seen the play again cause Im in New york and we dont get much soccer in the news but I read the spanish press and the say he is in-line with the defense, I wont argue cause I didnt see it.

And henry should shut up cause hes a sore looser, he made a comment that he didnt see Etoo or Ronaldinho on the field.

Where the f**k was he looking when etoo score the tie, cause all I say from henry is miss two clear goal that he should have made. Etoo is a stone cold killer, you see him once and it cost you the game ask Chelsea.

Barca deserved to win this cup

I can't believe any Barca supporters have the gall to come over and try to claim that the ref was actually showing favortism towards us lol....what a f****g joke. Let's go over it shall we....

- Eboue's "dive" was not a clear dive...Puyol stuck his elbow out into his chest and impeded him. Did Eboue go down easily? Yeah he did BUT there was contact so quit with this diving bullshit...I'm sick of reading it.

- Oleguer, Marquez, Puyol, and Van Bommel were allowed to kick and fould our players at will. Oleguer had at least 5 fouls before he was FINALLY booked and Marquez could've been easily sent off. He scissored Henry from behind in the first half with no intent of playing the ball...no card. Then in the 2nd half, on a headball, he CLEARLY jumps into Henry's back and side with his head and shoulder with no intentions of going for the ball...it was beyond late and the intention was there. The ref allowed Barca's back 4 to do anything that want and get away with it. This affected the game because like Henry said, defending him and defending him with a yellow are two completely different things.

- Henry's booking was a moment of sheer madness from the idiot ref...he clearly wins the ball off of Van Bommel and his legs catch Van Bommel afterwards. The pitch was wet, it was raining, and Henry had nowhere to go...there was no malice intended, he won the ball FFS. But of course, Van Bommel does his best Droga impression and starts flapping around like he's been shot. Add to that, Eboue's yellow probably shouldn't have been a caution either. Sure his boot was up and he caught Gio but it was his FIRST foul committed...the ref let Oleguer get away with SIX fouls before carding him, how does he not do the same with Eboue??? It clearly made him more cautious and weary and gave the advantage to Barca.

- Funny how we keep hearing about Arsenal diving but no Barca supporter mentions the CLEAR and disgusting dive by Deco at the top of Arsenal's box. It was obvious he was trying to draw a penalty, Campbell slid but didn't stretch his legs out and yet Deco dives right over them in an attempt to draw a PK. And get this, all of this took place right in front of the ref...nothing done about it. It was downright ludicrous. I don't want to hear one more Barca supporter bringing up goddamn diving...unless you want to look like the biggest hypocrites alive.

- Henry may be a "sore loser" in some people's eyes but to me, he spoke the truth and it was refreshing to see.

Now you can talk about everything else you want...say we blew it, Henry bottled it, Almunia sucked, whatever you want....just don't you dare even bring up that incompetent baffoon referee anymore.

I love the way you went straight to the dive before the goal and totally skipped the part where we WE DENIED A PERFECTLY LEGAL GOAL!!!

You would have been loosing !! Talk about that

Meatwad

you should eboue afterwards, where are the screencaptures of puyols forearm in his chest? i guess that photo wouldn't serve your idiotic purpose.

and we'd gladly take 1-0 and 11 men. even the fifa president blatter said it should have been 1-0 and 11 men. our 10 man defense was able to hold you for so long, what makes you think 11 men wouldn't have been able to put the clamps on you further after going up 1-0? and after easily penetrating your weak defense what makes you think 1-0 would stand? please. we wouldn't have been spent by the 60th minute if we had 11. so no one is glossing over the fact that he took away the goal. i wanted you to have that goal, it would have been better for us.

ibr80

First I dont think it was a penalty but we should have been given a goal and we would have been winning 1-0, and considering how good barca is i refuse to beleive you would have come back from that score and as a barca fan I have a right to think that.

Second- I want to make this perfectly clear Henry is a beast, I love him. but he could only dream to have acomplished what Etoo has already at this age. It's a fact.

I cant really Tell if Etoo's goal was offside or not from that picture, and whats pretty aparent is that it was VERY close if it was. So please dont act like it was absolutly clear.

You complain about how Oleguer should have been sent out, and I can see where your coming from, but I can tell you this.. When he did finnaly get a yellow and the ref told him it was his third Ironicly it was the only one that was not a foul as he clearly touched the ball. And trust me if oleguer had a previous yellow he wouldnt make those other fouls.

The picture where that defender kicked Van Brounkhurts is a clear RED CARD and he didnt get it because the ref had just sent your keeper off.

The play where Arsenal Scored was NOT A FOUL...Never EVER!

Im not saying the Deco dove disguistingly, and that Marquez was nasty, but remember what your national Team leader Mr John Terry said about Ronaldinho... " The only way to stop him is to foul him" same goes for Henry.

All im saying is that you were supposed to be loosing and because of the ref your werent and you scored on a bullshit foul call and you guys a up here ranting and raving about the ref.. YOUR WRONG! he was bad yes but for both a more for Barcelona

The only reason why I post is because I have waited 14 years for this and I cant stand people saying that Barcelona won thanks to the ref.
its just not fare.

Face it, Barca was better.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bro , we scored against you with 10 men . We could have put 3-4 past you that day with 11 . Maybe you defence had a bad day but damn we could have lead in the first 5minutes. Anyway next year I am sure we will run into each other again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom