• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uri

Meatwad said:
you should eboue afterwards, where are the screencaptures of puyols forearm in his chest? i guess that photo wouldn't serve your idiotic purpose.

and we'd gladly take 1-0 and 11 men. even the fifa president blatter said it should have been 1-0 and 11 men. our 10 man defense was able to hold you for so long, what makes you think 11 men wouldn't have been able to put the clamps on you further after going up 1-0? and after easily penetrating your weak defense what makes you think 1-0 would stand? please. we wouldn't have been spent by the 60th minute if we had 11. so no one is glossing over the fact that he took away the goal. i wanted you to have that goal, it would have been better for us.

I agree. we scored with 10 men, we would have scored with 11.
as for your goals : one from offside. one (and even the offside one) would have been sent by lemahn.

You shouldn't have been in the final anyway.
I am very proud of my team, the team who have lost the cup.
If I was a fan of the team that won it, I would not have been that proud.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I am actually flattered that supporters from overseas clubs and big ones at that come here - even just to talk thrash. Just shows how far we have come as a club.

Rohit

Established Member
ibr80 said:
I want to make this perfectly clear Henry is a beast, I love him. but he could only dream to have acomplished what Etoo has already at this age. It's a fact

And you can dream of having Henry at Barca,say all you will that he is not needed and you have smiley face and blah blah blah.

What has Eto'o achieved,how many goals would he have had without ronaldinhio behind him ?
I am not underrating him,but to say what you said,well nevermind.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
ibr80 said:
Dontcryplease said:
THANK YOU!!

First I dont think it was a penalty but we should have been given a goal and we would have been winning 1-0, and considering how good barca is i refuse to beleive you would have come back from that score and as a barca fan I have a right to think that.

Second- I want to make this perfectly clear Henry is a beast, I love him. but he could only dream to have acomplished what Etoo has already at this age. It's a fact.

I cant really Tell if Etoo's goal was offside or not from that picture, and whats pretty aparent is that it was VERY close if it was. So please dont act like it was absolutly clear.

You complain about how Oleguer should have been sent out, and I can see where your coming from, but I can tell you this.. When he did finnaly get a yellow and the ref told him it was his third Ironicly it was the only one that was not a foul as he clearly touched the ball. And trust me if oleguer had a previous yellow he wouldnt make those other fouls.

The picture where that defender kicked Van Brounkhurts is a clear RED CARD and he didnt get it because the ref had just sent your keeper off.

The play where Arsenal Scored was NOT A FOUL...Never EVER!

Im not saying the Deco dove disguistingly, and that Marquez was nasty, but remember what your national Team leader Mr John Terry said about Ronaldinho... " The only way to stop him is to foul him" same goes for Henry.

All im saying is that you were supposed to be loosing and because of the ref your werent and you scored on a bullshit foul call and you guys a up here ranting and raving about the ref.. YOUR WRONG! he was bad yes but for both a more for Barcelona

The only reason why I post is because I have waited 14 years for this and I cant stand people saying that Barcelona won thanks to the ref.
its just not fare.

Face it, Barca was better.

yeah i admit it barca were the better team...

you were better with 12 men against 10...

like you did against the chavs and then against us...

you just cant fight and win 11 vs 11 against an english team in the CL eh?

you think we can't score and win even if you scored 1st?

and we scored 1st and then we held until 76th minute before eto'o broke our defense...

barca the greatest team in the world!!!

kapish get a f*cking football life~

kanooo

We can argue all we want that it's the refs fault. It's Henry's fault for wasting chances. It's the defenders' fault. It's Lehman / Almunia's fault etc.. etc..

But in the end, it's all over and no one can change the fact that Arsenal has lost. There's no use arguing about it.

One thing is for certain though. We'll never know which is the better team (Arsenal or Barca? when it's 11 vs. 11). At least not now.

We have been waiting for this moment for so long and sadly it has to end in favour of Barca.

I just hope there's many more CL finals to come and one of these days, Arsenal do get it eventually !

The "what if" are useless. Football is always umpredictable.

You must at least recognize that ref also harmed Barça in two very important moments of the match. Maybe the most important ones, that definitely influenced the course of the final.

Ref's stupidity is something that teams must count with and be able to face it, specially in that kind of matches. And great teams doesn't need to carry all the responsibilities on the ref. Last wednesday Barça miss a legal goal and took another from a previous inexistent foul; and in the 2nd half they were able to score twice against the best defense of Europe (9 men defending greatly, plus Henry), who hadn't received goals in CL for a lot of time.

Barça o muerte

i dont understand why you say that the refree was against you... he invalidate a goal for us that was valid, the fault before your goal wasnt a fault, you made a lot of hard faults...

i know that the refree failed aganist you too, so the conclusion is: THE REFREE IS BAD, VERY BAD, BUT FOR EACH TEAM, NOT ONLY FOR YOU ;)

Biggus

Established Member
Please Mods do your jobs and ban Dontcryplease or else lock this thread....its over.

1.His still photo's prove nothing they are taken out of context from high speed incidents.

2.His picture's make the page too slow to load.

3.His is a annoying little prick and I would like to punch his teeth down his throat.

IBL

Established Member
The referee afforded Barcelona a few more luxuries with his inconsistencies. Henry goes in with a clean tackle and wins ball - gets yellow card. He gets cynically fouled by Puyol and Marquez on more than a single occassion - they get nothing. As Henry stated, with either Barcelona's back two on yellows they're forced to play a slightly different game.

THAT does not equate to the referee being equally bad for both teams

Barça o muerte

Ice Berg legend said:
The referee afforded Barcelona a few more luxuries with his inconsistencies. Henry goes in with a clean tackle and wins ball - gets yellow card. He gets cynically fouled by Puyol and Marquez on more than a single occassion - they get nothing. As Henry stated, with either Barcelona's back two on yellows they're forced to play a slightly different game.

ok you are right in your points, but he also failed against barça. he avoid a goal that was legal with a yellow card to lehman, the fault before your goal wasnt a fault, some yellow cards you didnt get...

here in spain, the press and everyone see you as a cryers who want justify your losing with the refree...it is very poor...please, accept the reality... :roll:

Ice Berg legend said:

True. You're talking about fouls. I do about goals.

It's not so hard to recognize. Barça supporters hated that referee too during match, for obvious reasons. The best thing could happen to all of us is a different ref in the final. Just imagine what if ref's mistakes were inverted, I'm sure you would be a lot angrier.

By the way, to say "if... we'd won the final" is just especulation and doesn't have any value. The reailty is that we all suffered a bad refering (is refering the correct word? my english sucks).

IBL

Established Member
If the same had happened to Barcelona as did to Arsenal you'd be crying just as much if not more, and the press here would have been labelling you as a bunch of weepers....that is REALITY!

Lehman deserved to go but if the stupid ref had decided to wait a second longer Barca would have got the goal and we'd still probably have 11 v 11 and a game worth savouring, even the ref admitted it.

Anyway, all has been discussed already, the ref did was abysmal and could have done more not to have more attention given to him than the match itself.

Number8

Barça o muerte said:
Ice Berg legend said:

ok you are right in your points, but he also failed against barça. he avoid a goal that was legal with a yellow card to lehman, the fault before your goal wasnt a fault, some yellow cards you didnt get...

here in spain, the press and everyone see you as a cryers who want justify your losing with the refree...it is very poor...please, accept the reality... :roll:

You should take some time and read the first 100 or so posts that were made after the CL final before making such statements. I don't know how it is in spain, you might rip into your team every time you lose, but we were all proud of our players' peformance. That cannot possibly be considered as whining. It is a fact that the referee completely destroyed the competitive nature of the final. Barcelona and Arsenal have the ability to play fluent attacking football, and the referee ensured that that wouldn't happen by sending Jens off after just 18 minutes. We're not whining, we're stating facts. If even Sepp Blatter can see a problem, then I can't understand why you Barca fans can't.

Honestly, what would you rather have wanted, Barca to outplay Arsenal and win the CL, or stay 1-0 down against a 10 man Arsenal side and get two late goals in, the first of which was contreversial.

You have to admit that the circumstances weren't ideal for a final, thats all we're stating

Its about time people jump of their high horses and stop accusing us of sour grapes, we have every right to be upset about the CL final.

Canuck

Established Member
Done and dusted I'm afraid.

Moving on...

Sorry, I guess there are people who still want to talk about things. That's fine.
I've just removed the pics from the previous page so that people aren't inconvenienced by them.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Believe it or not, here's what Mourinho had to say about the game:
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... HD=arsenal

And look what he had to say about Henry staying:
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/pr ... EV_SEASON=

The letters p and r spring to mind.

Actually, the thing that bugs me the most about the whole trip is so banal that it shows how magnificent the team were.

At one point the night before we tied to hijack 'we're on our way'. I mean, we had arrived hadn't we?

Anyway...

We have arrived, we have arrived.
We've got to Paris,
We have arrived.
How we got here? On a plane.
How we got here? On a train.
All we know's we're gonna win the cup.

Didn't really work but it caught on for a while.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
More to the point we should go into next season chanting 'We're going to Athens, we're on our way'.

Might get more bloody programmes printed if we give UEFA enough bloody warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom