• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

adjie

bluenaz said:
2-0 For us. For anyone we play (We will play Barca, i'm sure of it)

Pires and Ljungberg to score the goals.
Mark my words.

:p

I'll be happy too if that will be the case,
but TBH, I prefer DB10 to get the final goal
rather than Pires, just like the Baggies game.

For Freddie, he will have time next year if we retained the title
(still a dream, hopefully it will happened :D)

hujja

Established Member
We're going to lose. They're just way too hot to handle at the moment.

We should take the same approach we took in the FA Cup Final. Employ damage limitation tactics and then win on penalties.

Mark

Established Member
hujja said:
We're going to lose. They're just way too hot to handle at the moment.

We should take the same approach we took in the FA Cup Final. Employ damage limitation tactics and then win on penalties.

Hey now, be more positive - Real Madrid were in great form going into the game against us and we beat them; Juve are totally dominating Serie A and we beat them; we can beat Barca (Or Milan, you never know).

Plus we can't expect Jens to single-handedly win us the game again! :p

kel varnsen

Established Member
hujja said:

if we do, we'll get killed. barca are too good; there is no way we'll be able to sit back and let them have at us for 90 mins without conceding at least a goal or two.

nazo

Established Member
Probably the same color we wear for the rest of the games.

Just a quick question for anyone who knows, by any chance does Ac Milan have a blue jersey they wear for games? I can't think of any and i just want to know.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
thegame24 said:
wigan game may have big affect

i mean wht if that game decides whether we come 4th ir not

Yea a game 10 days before the final would effect our chances massively if we have to play our key players in that game.. :roll:

nazo

Established Member
OneProudGooner said:
thegame24 said:
wigan game may have big affect

i mean wht if that game decides whether we come 4th ir not

Yea a game 10 days before the final would affect our chances massively if we have to play our key players in that game.. :roll:

I think he/she meant it will effect our confidence and not in the way you are thinking of.

tgr

i just hope we can see updated campbell and clichy if they will play

oh,i almost forget,we have to have the same jens lehmann

tgr

we are always fantastic in home games. hopefully the game in paris will be another home game. lol

adjie

TheHotshot said:
What colour will we be wearing for the final?

Not sure, but they usually prefer 1st jersey unless the color patterns are similar, problem is our 1st with their (Barca/Milan) 1st
quite has similar color pattern I guess ... :)

Are they toss a coin for such purpose ?
Or Discussed in pre-match meeting ?
Anybody know ?

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'm like kel, i like to see good football but unlike him i can appreciate to get this far we needed to give that up. we havent got the individuals like barca to be spectacular over two legs with that being enough to win a tie.

however, a final is a one off. i want us to leave an imprint of what arsenal have been about these last few years. no need to worry about tactical inhibitions, it isnt a two legged tie. lets go 4-4-2, pick the team determined by form in the last 3 prem games. lets play ith the pace and pace of passing associated with arsenal. the last thing we want is to go to paris and embarrass ourselves.

mood

Let's hope the winning team gets some suspensions (second yellow/red cards) to their important players as well.

Our only scare was Kolo Toure, and he's avoided a yellow so everyone should be there. I expect Cole to be fit and get games before the final as well. Let's hope we manage to keep Henry and the rest fit.

This game is on the 17th. 10 games after our Wigan game, the players should have good rest. Also we can now concentrate to get 4th place too.

Potential finalists:

AC Milan:
AC Milan would probably be better finalists. Although they are just as tough as Barcelona. Their last game of the season (Serie-A) is on the 14th of May. Just few days before the CL final. I doubt they'll postpone it till after the CL, probably make it earlier since there's just few games different. And the game is vs Roma as well. There's only 2 games left in the Serie-A and they are 3 pts behind Juve, they'll fight for it.. and may be tired, so it could be advantage for us in the final.

Barcelona:
Barca are lying something like 9 pts clear off the La Liga? La Liga's last game of the season is also on the 14th - very close to the final date, but I'm sure Barca will rest everyone as they are only 1 game away from winning the Spanish league. With their players rested, they'll be fresher.

In the end, we have more days to prepare and be fresh for the final. Let's hope Wenger prepares the team well and we'll have a real shot. Most importantly , we have to have everyone fit and focused. Especially the likes of Cesc, Henry, Toure etc.

We didn't play well vs Villarreal, but we were the favourites in the tie.

vs Real Madrid & Juventus - we were the underdogs. And Barca/Milan will certainly be the favs ahead of us in the final. That may be an advantage to us. Let's hope it does.

IF we win the CL, do we become the only team to win the CL unbeaten?

mood

TheHotshot said:
What colour will we be wearing for the final?

If Milan are in the final, we'll be wearing the yellow kit for sure. Milan's away kit is all white, and we wear white shorts with our home kit.

If Barca are in the final. Well, one of us has to wear our away kits.

I think we're semi-final #2, so we're going to wear the Away kit in the final either way.

We won all our biggest games in Yellow! ..(Anfield '89, Fa cup finals..etc.). Let's hope that helps us on May 17th.

oreo

From Chinese believes, wearing red would win. So i hope Arsenal would be wearing their home jersey!

Bergy_1995

Whoever we play, we seriously need to change our approach. I.e. Not play like we did tonight - otherwise we'll get STUFFED. Which won't be too pleasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom