• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL| Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal, 6/11, 7.45pm, SS1

Inthe blood

Established Member
rich 1990 said:
I don't think the goal difference makes much of a difference, in this case. If we do all end up on 12, Dortmund would finish above us on account of scoring twice at the Emirates. If we were to lose in Naples, it'd have to be 1-0, or by a single goal, to stay above Napoli. I think that's how it works, anyway.

That' how I remember it but do away goals count, the clean sheet at home could have bigger implications.

Caz19

eye4goal said:
outlaw_member said:
I acknowledge that Borussia Dortmund are a very good side, but I really didn't expect anything less than a win and a draw over the two games. The fact that we lost to them was rather disappointing. I think we are at the same level as teams like Dortmund and even Napoli, but of superior quality, and we need to show why we are now pushing up to the Barcelona's and Bayern Munich's.

Yeah I thought Dortmund didn't look that special going forward in the two games. They missed Gundogan and their first choice RB. Mikhitiryan is very much inferior to Gotze too. It seems as if every team in Europe has regressed this season. Maybe an unfancied team like us or PSG could go all the way

Got a feeling it will go to Barcelona. By their standards they haven't won it in a while and they've been really good this season so far.

After last night I do feel much more confident about us though.

It's the exact type of performance that Chelsea won it with in 2011-12. Defend well,ride your luck, and strike when the iron is hot.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
If all of us end up on 12 points a new table is created and sorted according to the criteria I posted earlier in this thread. Can't be arsed to link it again, but we could lose 1-0 to Napoli and still finish top of the group should Dortmund win by a single goal against the Italians. Our goal difference in that hypothetical situation will be +1 (taking into account our fixtures against both teams) and mean we'll progress in first place. Pretty sure it won't get more complicated than that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In this form i really don't think we will lose against Napoli at San Paolo stadium Napoli defense is very shaky even if they are so strong at their stadium but if our form keeping up i don't see us lose there.

KMC

I was watching the match on TVP1 which is like BBC1 of Polish TV.

Last time I watched Arsenal play on TVP1 was our Champions League final vs ****alona.

And I didn't bother with pre-game show, just turned the tv on 30 seconds before kick off, and within 5 minutes of me watching and listening this commentary, a disgusting, lemon face expression formed on my face. I have never ever ever ever, in the history of me watching football, witnessed such utter ****ing bias towards Lewandowski and Blaszyckowski.

World class, this, world class that, when we scored I heard the words Kurwa (swear word) from the co commentator but it came from the commentators mic, co commentator had his mic on mute(talking to producers perhaps), and the word was shouted so loudly everyone heard it.

for 30 minutes, it was absolute ****ing silence comapared to the first 60 minutes.

Absolute 0 talk about Wojciech and his brilliant performance. This was not bias towards Polish players, this was bias to the 2 biggest darlings in football, Lewandowski and Blaszyckowski, who are treated like absolute kings as they play one of the worlds best football teams.

say yes

forum master baiter
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
rich 1990 said:
VAVAVOOM 14 said:
Am I correct in assuming as long as we beat Marseille at home we are guaranteed at least 2nd place in our group?

Not if Dortmund beat Napoli as they'll both be on 9 points. A win for Napoli against us and a victory for Dortmund on the last day leaves us all on 12. In that case, it all hinges on head to heads.

Oh wow.

Luckily we have the best goal difference, we need to rack up the score against Marseille just to be sure.

Our score against Marseille doesn't matter as long as we beat them. If we are equal on points with Dortmund/Napoli at the end a mini-league will be created, which will exclude each team's result against Marseille.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
eye4goal said:
outlaw_member said:
I acknowledge that Borussia Dortmund are a very good side, but I really didn't expect anything less than a win and a draw over the two games. The fact that we lost to them was rather disappointing. I think we are at the same level as teams like Dortmund and even Napoli, but of superior quality, and we need to show why we are now pushing up to the Barcelona's and Bayern Munich's.

Yeah I thought Dortmund didn't look that special going forward in the two games. They missed Gundogan and their first choice RB. Mikhitiryan is very much inferior to Gotze too. It seems as if every team in Europe has regressed this season. Maybe an unfancied team like us or PSG could go all the way

I thought Mkhitaryan looked incredibly dangerous against us to be honest, he looks a really good player.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The lad's quality. They nicked him from right under Liverpools noses. He was on his way to Merseyside by all accounts, until he realised what he was actually doing.

VAVAVOOM 14

The Jury said:
The lad's quality. They nicked him from right under Liverpools noses. He was on his way to Merseyside by all accounts, until he realised what he was actually doing.

Much like Willian and his aborted move to Sp**s.... he would've induced clinical depression upon himself.

Anzac

Established Member
The Jury said:

He's a top CAM alright - IIRC it was 3rd party ownership that scuppered/delayed the LFC move long enough for Dortmund to take advantage.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Rosicky tapping up Reus:
tumblr_mvxoewpVMC1rhs8mlo1_250.gif

fabo

6.51 / 10
Still absolutely delighted with this result. Didn't see it coming and the first half did nothing to change that - Dortmund really are a different animal to what you face in England in terms of pressing coupled with a technical game.

Opposition fans are squirming about the last couple of results, great to see.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Haven't read the thread but what was the feeling on Lewandowski?

Thought he was a ******* disgrace really, disgusting diving and cheating to try and get Arteta sent off.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom