• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Chelsea vs Arsenal | 24/03/04

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
i have this strong feeling that chelsea will actually play for a 0-0 draw. They know if they have a go at us..we will score that one crucial goal.

KoLo28

Yeah, i've got foxtel with ESPN! I watch all the games either on that or on sbs and if they're on neither of those two then I try find a radio station on the net, and if that fails there's always live text!!

I'm really nervous about this game, I just hope we play well and get atleast 1 away goal. I hope they don't try and pack there defence on the small highbury pitch for the away leg if they have a lead!

Come on you gunners!!

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I've never predicted an Arsenal draw, but seeing that we're away from home, I'm definately not going start now......

Chelsea 0 - Arsenal 2

Ljungberg
Henry

Both goals before half-time!

GO YOU GUNNERS!!!

zerofeel

It will be a tough match for us since Chelsea will go out with guns ablazing at us
to try and win the match...judging from the second half performance of Arsenal versus BOlton match,the players look exhausted and a bit out of sorts ...seem to be preoccupied with the huge games that are coming in the weeks ahead...with such display..Chelsea will definetely have an edge over us..but we are build on a sterner mentality..so we will definetely launch a remarkable fightback ...a draw is good enough for me.. 1-1 is my prediction..but lets hope Arsenal prove me wrong again..hehee..

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Actually I predict a 3-1 to the Arse, but a draw would also be good.

Not only would we have an away goal, but again they did not beat us ... this would be devastating to them. The Hoodoo (who started using that bloody daft word?) will still be there.

A draw maybe as good as a win (well almost).

Still say 3-1 to the Arse though.

Sammer

Established Member
Can´t see us beating them 3-1 - Chelsea is by far more dangerous than ManU at this point, Duff has a great run, Lampard and Gudjohnsson are always good for a goal.

WHAFC

I just hope we get that all important away goal. Chelsea are going to be so fired up for this one that unless Viera and Co are on top of their game right from the start, we could lose this leg. 2-1 Chelsea.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It be tension time for us all.
I hold on to my lucky unicorn, and have my other beanies i take to matches by my side.
Unicorn not let me down yet.
Everyone just hold onto your lucky items wear u lucky shirt, socks etc
We shall win or at worse draw

orion

Bound to be a very competitive game where there will be no room for errors and can't I see more then one goal seperating the teams if at all.

It really pours into a question of which team will capitalize on their chances as I can't see many clear cut chances given in either direction so Henry, Freddie and Pires will need to take them as they come their way.

In defence we must remain concentrated for quick counter attacks and set pieces and midfiled must help to pick players like Lampard trying to get to the box. One player that worries me is Duff, he can add much flow to Chelsea's game and Lauren must get good support from Freddie to nullify this guy.

A draw with an away goal would be a very good result me thinks. But we have to keep in mind what ever the result we need to play the other game as well, before it's over.

Good Luck Gunners!!!

SoUL

All i can say is

!!C'mon the Arsenal!!

!!make us proud lads!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rufus

i bet some good money on our boys... they better win today...

i really don´t feel, cheslki can hold us down today....

AFCG7

Established Member
We must get an away goal or 2.. they have scored at Highbury in their last 2 visits and i think they will score again..its vital that we score there.
I think we should try to score first as well..we shouldnt wait for them to come at us..we should go for it from the start!

Arsenal316

Here are the squads for tonight's game:

Arsenal:

Lehmann

Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Cole

Ljungberg, Vieira, Edu, Pires

Bergkamp, Henry

Subs: Stack, Keown, Cygan, Clichy, Gilberto, Kanu, and Reyes.

Chelsea:

Ambrosio

Gallas, Terry, Desailly, Bridge

Duff, Parker, Lampard, Makelele

Mutu, Gudjohnsen

Bench: Sullivan, Huth, Melchiot, Cole, Geremi, Gronkjaer, and Crespo.

Good luck to Arsenal.

Arsenal316

Note: Edu and Mutu are both on yellow card warnings. If either of them pick up a card tonight, they are suspended for the second leg.

Arsenal316

Man, two close offsides......really don't think they were offsides....could have had two goals there......oh well.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom